Icey games' thread

Started by Icey, Mon 05/03/2012 02:58:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Icey

Thanks for the advice Ben. I just got find the time or just free up sometime to dedicate it all to learn color better on the PC.

Icey

UPDATE March 17/12

PAX EAST 2012!!!
PMQ Colosseum could possibly becoming to PAX east next Month. I spoke with some there and they gave me a email to speak with someone about information about featuring the game there.

I'm just waiting for the reply so hopefully I can post an update later about if it's yes or a no.

Are you strong enough?
I have thought about adding two more PMQ characters to the game but not apart of the story. They will be Optional super Bosses that both Dave and Chris can fight(separately). They're not insanely powerful but I can promise it will be a long battle if our not ready.

Aero

Tidal

Tidal looks sorta similar to..., Tidal is a soldier who travels through time fighting worthy opponents. When he beats them he can take their looks and weapons but not their outfit. He defeated 12 warriors and he is now  going for 13. will Dave or Christen stop him or lose their self to his mimicking ways?

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: Icey games on Sat 17/03/2012 17:44:44

PAX EAST 2012!!!
PMQ Colosseum could possibly becoming to PAX east next Month. I spoke with some there and they gave me a email to speak with someone about information about featuring the game there.

I don't know who you spoke to, but exhibitors have to be finalized about 3-4 months before the convention even starts. But if you end up exhibiting, I guess I'll see you on the floor.

Ponch

Quote from: Icey games on Sat 17/03/2012 17:44:44
PMQ Colosseum could possibly becoming to PAX east next Month.

I'm almost forty years old and until this moment, my mind has never truly boggled.

Well done, Icey. I'm gonna go lie down now.  ;)

Icey

@Dave G: Oh wowzer he never told me that. I spoke to a guy named Dave Coffman. And he old me that they try to work with a lot of Indie dev and to try and email this guy named Bill. I hope I can get in but if not there is always next year and I'll have more to show and I'm going regardless this year so maybe I can still see you after all.

@Ponch: lol Thanks Ponch.

Here is a side update

A few in game shots of abilities in PMQ Colosseum.

1) Frost
2) Aero
3) Shockage
4) Piraga
5) Sanctus
6) Assault [Action Sequence]

Technocrat

I have to say, compared to what you were first putting up on this site, your graphics have certainly improved markedly, and your style is nice if derivative!

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: Icey games on Sat 17/03/2012 18:37:38
@Dave G: Oh wowzer he never told me that. I spoke to a guy named Dave Coffman. And he old me that they try to work with a lot of Indie dev and to try and email this guy named Bill. I hope I can get in but if not there is always next year and I'll have more to show and I'm going regardless this year so maybe I can still see you after all.

It's also about eight thousand dollars to get a booth at PAX, which is why I never do it. :)

Andail

Quote from: Dave Gilbert on Sat 17/03/2012 17:50:40
I don't know who you spoke to, but exhibitors have to be finalized about 3-4 months before the convention even starts.
It's also about eight thousand dollars to get a booth at PAX, which is why I never do it.

I don't think such trivialities are gonna stop Icey from appearing somewhere to pitch his game

Icey

@Technocrat: Thanks, When I wen't from Icey to Studio 3 I wanted to find away to use a more different and universal style that I could use for a long time.

@Dave G: Wow that's a lot of monezzz!!!  :o

@Andail: ha, I think I could pass the first one with luck. But PMQ ain't funding me enough right now to pass number 2 lol.

P.S. added the shots to the top post.

A quick look at Tidal.

monkey0506

Maybe I'm just prejudice, but is it just me or do all Final Fantasy characters look alike? Coz that looks a lot like Cloud and/or a dozen or so other FF characters (@Tidal). Don't mean that in any way accusatory/offensive, just an honest impression.

Snake

Isiah, your artwork has improved IMMENSELY since the last time I saw your work, so fucking great job there :o

One thing though, it may be just me, but it looks like Aero's got a little stubby O_O
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Icey

@Monkey: It's cool, I sorta had cloud running through my head when I drew him up for this game but I can't remember his first design.

@Snake: Thanks, I actually see what you mean but what happen was I messed up on her concept design but I will draw a pic of just her and post it tomorrow with a new update.

Peder 🚀

Why you just don't stick to art and find some coders, musicians etc. to help you build an awesome game is beyond me...

Ali

I've been thinking the same thing as Peder throughout this thread.

I know you have grander ambitions, but I also know you're impatient and you have difficulty seeing a project through from start to finish.

If you put your mind to it, I think you could produce the graphical assets for a 304-sized game. Then try to recruit a team to script (and write dialogue) inspired by your graphics. Even if the game didn't get made, you'd have demonstrated to the forums that you have something to offer and you can be relied upon to finish what you start.

CaptainD

Quote from: Ali on Sun 18/03/2012 10:40:33I've been thinking the same thing as Peder throughout this thread.

Me too.  When I first started posting here several years ago I was full of ideas for creating the biggest AGS game ever etc etc.  Sadly my coding abilities suck and later on I realised that I should stick at what I'm actually good at.  (Okay so I don't have much to show for it right now but the games I'm involved with are all big, long-term projects).  So Icey, for what it's worth, I think your graphics here look really good; as part of a team with a good coder and other team members, I think you could make some really good games. 

Icey

It's funny, I actually thought about that plenty of times. I think the answer behind is cause I would like to be able to increase my coding skills so I can keep making games no matter the size. However I think it would be nice to do a short game were I'm just the artist.

Icey

UPDATE March 18/12

Here's that picture I promised you guys. I wanted to try drawing them together in the same picture.

Tifa's Ballad

The full-length Cutscene(movie) is about 45% finished. All that is left is 2 Backgrounds and Animations.

Icey

UPDATE March 22/12

Here are some more screens of Tifa's Ballad.

Icey

UPDATE March 26/12

You call this a trailer lol

My teacher told me I had to wip something up cause he doesn't believe I'm actually working on the assignment. So I created this short short trailer. I promise a better trailer with more stuff in it next month.

Trailer 1

Anian

Go to for example jamendo.com and find some soundtrack music, there is stuff that is inspired by FF, I'm sure of it. Besides I just found that there actually is a character called Tifa and she even has a theme, though it might be a bit mellow for a trailer. In any case trailer without music is kind of weird.

Do not use that music further though, like selling etc., but it's basically royalty free so you can use it pretty widely otherwise.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk