Icey games' thread

Started by Icey, Mon 05/03/2012 02:58:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Icey

Ok, I'll check it out.

(deleted)

Quote from: Icey games on Sun 11/03/2012 05:24:36I think I might ask the makers of Red Volition if I could use their character.

Tiamat Co. gives their official blessings. 로봇 웃고있다.

Icey

Thanks, but the main game has changed and only involves PMQ characters. But I could make a DLC for the game that's based on them.

DBoyWheeler

Wow!  Nice artwork, dude!

I hope someone asks you to help out on their AGS games, if they had not already.

Stee

Quote from: DBoyWheeler on Thu 29/03/2012 21:59:31
Wow!  Nice artwork, dude!

I hope someone asks you to help out on their AGS projects, if they had not already.

fixed
<Babar> do me, do me, do me! :D
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

Icey

@Dboywheeler: Thanks dude, I had to people already asking me for story and character art help :)

I just gotta find the time I can help them.

Icey

(PAX!!!)UPDATE April 8/12

Tifa's Ballad movie

Well my school project is due this week and I'm glad to announce that it is 95% finished. I wanted to add the voice acting to it but I just don't got the time so I have to spell check and finish adding the last bit of stuff like music and views.

PMQ4: A 2D Flip [2012 remastered with a point lol]

Well I was going through my list of old games I did when I first started ags. They had good stories when I wrote them down but I just couldn't script anything that was good at the time. So I came across one of my PMQ games. And I thought, "This game was so short and so badly put together that I could remake it with my new art style and my current knowledge of AGS.

But enough of my talking, here's a look at an unshaded/half-colored room.

straydogstrut

Quote from: Icey games on Mon 09/04/2012 00:17:16
Well my school project is due this week and I'm glad to announce that it is 95% finished.

Well done Icey, good luck finishing it off and handing it in :)

Icey

Thanks, I can use the extra grading points so I hope I get a good grade.

Icey

UPDATE April 10/12

I was finally able to finish the picture. Now all I need to do is create a sky background and water. I'm gonna try and see if I can find a technique to adding wind movement to my grass like they do in 3D games. I just have to find a way to get it to go back and forth smoothly.

Moogle

Just curious Icey how is Tifa's Ballad going? oh and PMQ4 a2Df.
OSD online

Grim

Can't help thinking that this background looked much better without the shading... I don't know if we're allowed art ctitique in this thread, but I'd suggest breaking down those strong black lines at least in some places and rethinking your whole shading formula- sometimes less is more!;) What's really missing there is contrast. Some bright areas of strong light would add more life to that sccene, IMHO;)

Icey

Tifa's Ballad is finish but I just need to gather my music and get the ending theme from the real life person who I made tifa from, my friend Tiara. It would be nice if someone could proof-read it.

I like the art critique cause it can help improve something. I like the thick black lines for personal reasons, as for contrast after I add the background I will play around with the lightning. P.S. the sun is right in the sky in this pic.

LUniqueDan

In the name of Deckard,
in the name of Gary, Lisa and Wyatt,
in the name of John of God, saint patron of nurses , nuns , and maybe one day lesbians,
In the (stolen) name of most of crowd from the Guess The Movie Title thread,

I'm asking this thread to get move to the The Rumpus Room, for various reasons.

Thanks !  :=
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

straydogstrut

Quote from: LUniqueDan on Sun 15/04/2012 09:55:07
I'm asking this thread to get move to the The Rumpus Room, for various reasons.

We've been over this:

Quote from: m0ds on Tue 13/03/2012 01:00:21
Icey gets his thread, to tell us about his works [..] If you don't like what you read, just stay out of it.
[..]
No, this section of the forum is open for this kind of discussion - an AGS project, why wouldn't it be? An AGS project with ideas and elements that may annoy the hell out of you [..] Why don't you just click option 5 "See you later"?
[...]
Seriously, the less you involve yourself in "it", the easier it becomes.

As per the above, this is not a "pointless, silly or irrelevant" thread. It's Icey's thread for the discussion of his works, and it has been doing fine in this board since Mods' post without any complaints. Seriously, if it bothers you that much stay out.

Icey did you get your coursework in on time? If you need any proof reading done, shoot me a PM. Going out this afternoon but can take a look tonight.

miguel

Correction: forces outside the Christian world
anounced here that there is new class allowed in heaven.
To John of God's attention.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Icey

Quote from: straydogstrut on Sun 15/04/2012 10:36:02

Icey did you get your coursework in on time? If you need any proof reading done, shoot me a PM. Going out this afternoon but can take a look tonight.

Thanks a bunch dude. Turns out my teacher wants it in next monday. It would be awesome if I could get some voice acting going cause there is not a lot to people to voice. I'll PM you the whole game source soon.  :)

Icey

UPDATE April 15/12

Well this is more of a request than an update. You see I was so confused last year about how to get XNA 4.0 so I could make a game for the 360. Microsoft has it so badly organized on the site to the point where I thought I had to spend $100(which I did) on the licences to get what I wanted. Turns out I didn't and I got this licences now and I just don't know how to make a game with that program. I was wondering if anyone could help me make a simple sidescroller fighting game(like castle crashers) game for the XBLM. I't won't be a long or complex game, I just don't wanna let my money go to waste.  I got all the sprites it's just I can't script with that engine.

Just PM me if you'd like to help.

Icey

UPDATE April 16/12

Here are some more screennies of Tifa's Ballad

Icey

UPDATE April 17/12

I finally was able to finish that pic. The water in it looks nice, the light rays coming through the trees add a nice touch on the pic.
I can't upload the pic as a big gif so I'll just do the small version and the promo ad.

Ad

gif

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk