Icey games' thread

Started by Icey, Mon 05/03/2012 02:58:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch

Quote from: LimpingFish on Fri 11/05/2012 00:18:45
To him, Dave or Oceanspirit Dennis are just as valid a hero as Squall or Cloud

One of those things is clearly not like the others.  :wink: Oceanspirit Dennis has become an hero. Of this, there can be no dispute.

Personally, I think Icey should go small for his next game. Very small. Microscopic monsters who live on the surface of improperly stored pub food meet inside of people and it all ends in a battle over which orifice to escape from. It's sort of like a dungeon crawl, only very tiny and gross.

"Kingdom Farts"

Please make this happen, Icey.  (nod)

ThreeOhFour

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Fri 11/05/2012 05:34:10
You approach a man in a house.
Man: I want to spend the rest of my life with you.
You: Umm.. I'm sorry. I don't go that way.
Man: I'm sorry! I swear I was practicing my proposal.

Haha man, I love writing like this in RPGs :D.

Icey

I played that game on my phone. I felt it was fun but I also felt very lost with just about everything. I think I might just go and download the .apk again study the problems the game has again. This way it helps me figure out things I fix in my next game.

The whole game may be brought for trolling reasons but still I like the idea too eric. Maybe just one day I get a big enough push from something I can atleast make a logo.

It would be a sorta game but atleast you get to fight Dave and his team from time to time. And if your strong enough then it should satisfy most people who hates pmq. It'll also have some humor in their so that should +1 from ponch.

Ghost

Quote from: Noctis on Fri 11/05/2012 00:49:46
That my another problem I have, I can't see when people are trolling me :(...I thought I asked you guys to stop that.

If that goes into my direction, or the flood of rather funny variants triggered by it, that was NOT trolling.

Reversing an idea is a valid method to find new creative momentum, and done right it can be both silly and awesome.
Trolling is the intentional creation of controversy in a thread.

Khris

And don't worry about the friggin' logo, jesus christ.
If only you'd put half the effort you put in your logos in your game design instead...

I don't care about the packaging, the contents is important.

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: ThreeOhFour on Fri 11/05/2012 07:55:11
Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Fri 11/05/2012 05:34:10
You approach a man in a house.
Man: I want to spend the rest of my life with you.
You: Umm.. I'm sorry. I don't go that way.
Man: I'm sorry! I swear I was practicing my proposal.

Haha man, I love writing like this in RPGs :D.

So YOU wrote this terrible writing!? I should've known 304, I should've known. ;)

Icey

Oh sorry then ghost. :)

Khris I'm a litte confused with what you mean by contents. Do you think you can go in a little futher with that. Cause I have a guess but I rather here it from you. :)

Ryan Timothy B

He literally meant he doesn't care what the title screen, logo, credits, or anything that isn't directly related to the game are; meaning: don't put so much time into them. He wants the meat between the bread. The actual game.

Edit: Also this thread should be moved to the rumpus room.

Icey

Ok I understand. And I think that's what a lot of people want. I'll start keeping that in mind when I'm working on stuff.

LimpingFish

Quote from: Ponch on Fri 11/05/2012 05:47:43
Oceanspirit Dennis has become an hero. Of this, there can be no dispute.

But don't forget that Icey has his own Oceanspirit Dennis, who isn't a gay blade, and who bears a closer resemblance to the typical Square Enix hero.

Anyway, what Icey needs isn't more ideas. If anything, he needs less ideas. We've seen how his focus flits from idea to idea like a coked-up bee with ADD. He should take a break from all the back-story and extraneous world-building he devotes so much wasted time too, and limit himself to telling the story he's been trying to tell ever since he started working with AGS.

In one game. That doesn't reference five other games. And without DLC.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: LimpingFish on Fri 11/05/2012 22:26:05

Perfect.  (nod)

Icey

Quote from: Ponch on Fri 11/05/2012 05:47:43
Oceanspirit Dennis has become an hero. Of this, there can be no dispute.

But don't forget that Icey has his own Oceanspirit Dennis, who isn't a gay blade, and who bears a closer resemblance to the typical Square Enix hero.

Anyway, what Icey needs isn't more ideas. If anything, he needs less ideas. We've seen how his focus flits from idea to idea like a coked-up bee with ADD. He should take a break from all the back-story and extraneous world-building he devotes so much wasted time too, and limit himself to telling the story he's been trying to tell ever since he started working with AGS.

PMQ.legends is a series of about 10 games because the comic series has like 10 or more games. I'm not shooting like 20 as I said before. I wanna make a game that won't require any other games to explain the story and one I can just stay put on. If I lose interest for a bit I'll move on to something new for a bit. I wish I could build a team for such a game but every time I do that it fails.

Ponch

what Icey needs isn't more ideas. If anything, he needs less ideas.

Icey may be the only person I know of who I can actually say this about.

One game / comic / movie / pan of brownies / MMO at a time, Icey. There's no need to try to get it all done at once. You're only 17, for goodness sake. You have another three or four years left on this earth, at least. There's no rush. :wink:

Icey

I know, I mind has grown to close to the SE company as a whole. I have this thing where for some reason I think I can do every and anything at the same time but it's not more than an illusion that I fall into. It's an endless cycle but one day I'll break the habit.

Quote from: Ponch on Sat 12/05/2012 01:43:06
what Icey needs isn't more ideas. If anything, he needs less ideas.
three or four years left on this earth

lol, And in the end I plan to fly into the sun with a giant sword. That's how I won't my life's story to end.

three or four > three o four

Sane Co.

Quote from: Noctis on Sat 12/05/2012 02:03:47
I know, I mind has grown to close to the SE company as a whole. I have this thing where for some reason I think I can do every and anything at the same time but it's not more than an illusion that I fall into. It's an endless cycle but one day I'll break the habit.
Umm, you should actually break it now. You should never wait to do something that needs done.

Icey

It's like an addiction. But I'm smart enough to know it's all a mental process. It's hard to just stop but it's not impossible.

Hudders

For the record, I wasn't trolling. Not really.

I have a question for Icey about DLC - do you *like* DLC? Because I don't, I feel like if it's something important, it ought to be in the base game. I don't think I've ever bought DLC or even had the slightest inclination to do so; it's like being given an incomplete game and told "just pay us a few more dollars and we'll give you the rest". Even if there was an amazing deal, I would be wary of buying DLC from just anybody - Valve has given me enough value over the years that I might be tempted, but if it were anyone else I would definitely pass.

So, I think what I'm saying is, I don't think there is anybody here, (or in the rest of the game-buying population really), who would purchase DLC from you.

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Fri 11/05/2012 18:34:24
Edit: Also this thread should be moved to the rumpus room.

It shouldn't. This thread is here so that Icey's ideas and plans are contained in one thread. Moving this thread to the rumpus room is an invitation for him to make another here.

Khris

Yep, DLC is the skinny jeans of games.

Icey

Well I like some DLC. When I beat Final Fantasy.XIII-2 I pissed cause it said "to be continued". Now many people and I though they where making a FF XIII-3. The truth is that your gonna have to download Episode DLCs and one of the theme will be the real ending of the game. I have also found out that Final Fantasy Versus XIII is gonna have 2/3 of it's story as downloadable content.

This is stuff I am pointed out here for trying to do but it's really now what I am trying to do. Quest DLC is just other side stories that I made up of ideas for other games. This stops the whole the overload of games going into production cause I can devote all those thoughts into one game even after I have released it.

Ghost

There's also a noticeable trend that *good* DLC gets included in compilations/special editions, while DLC that proved unsucessfull is, well, forgotten about. So the cycle is a) Release game, b) release DLC, c) release game and DLC AND drop the price.
DLC just doesn't make sense for me- if anything, it motivates me to wait a while before I buy a game.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk