Icey games' thread

Started by Icey, Mon 05/03/2012 02:58:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Icey

Ok I can stop talking about DLC. It's gone now but I feel like I wasn't the one who brought it up this around. I could be wrong though but it doesn't matter :)

Dualnames

Ghost, as a personal champion of retarded posts, I have to say I feel envy and sadness, when I come across the gems people are putting on icey's topics. There's no need to make this topic what the rest 200 topics were about.

With that, posting the same advice over and over, is indeed hijacking a topic. It's the same way I would hijack a topic saying how wonderful a game is, every single day with 4 different posts. Besides that it would be lovely and flattering to the author, I guarantee you it would annoy everyone. Of course you can all post and attempt discussion every single time, I don't really mind. Allow me to illustrate the amazing ideas behind such plan at work.

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=43995.0
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=40869.0
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=43329.0
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=41077.0

This thread has more replies than a 3 year old topic about the design of this site. That pretty much sums it up.

I really like Icey's drawing style, and this could be a very different discussion about how he could improve and change stuff in the way he's making games. However this has turned a bit into "let's all give advices to icey and then flame some more". Again, everyone is aware of what a drama queen I am, so take this with all the salt in the world.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Icey

Thank you for point those topics out. I just didn't have it in me to find the best topics that would stand out the most.

"I really like Icey's drawing style"
Thank.

monkey0506

Icey. You have served me a debt of gratitude for which I can never repay you. When you voiced Oceanspirit Dennis for my game?

When you have a fully working actually battle system, let me Know and I will program the DLC in your game myself. You know that I can make it work the right way.

Do not talk about it to anyone. Only me. Do not tell me about it though until your battle system is really.

This thread makes me laugh and laugh but I will help you Icey Spirit Dware.

Ponch

Damn it, Monkey! I was the voice of Life Partner Ray (possibly the second most importantest person in the OSDverse) in your game and you never offered to do any DLC for me.

I feel like I'm suddenly not the most important person in your life, Monkey.  :~(

Icey

Quote from: monkey_05_06 on Thu 17/05/2012 03:22:28
Icey. You have served me a debt of gratitude for which I can never repay you. When you voiced Oceanspirit Dennis for my game?

When you have a fully working actually battle system, let me Know and I will program the DLC in your game myself. You know that I can make it work the right way.

Do not talk about it to anyone. Only me. Do not tell me about it though until your battle system is really.

This thread makes me laugh and laugh but I will help you Icey Spirit Dware.

Really! Thanks Monkey. I promise I will not speak about it no more or to anyone else. This has really motivated me to go all out and make the best battle system ever! :wink:

Hudders

Quote from: Noctis on Wed 16/05/2012 22:46:21
I feel like I wasn't the one who brought it up this around.

You weren't. It was me, I genuinely wanted to know what Icey's opinions were on DLC, (not his own DLC, stuff he has purchased for other games). Icey should not be getting any kind of warning or strike over this, it isn't his fault.

Icey

Okay I remember now. Just to be fair, did I ever answer you or just give you the right answer?

Hudders

Kind of.

Without mentioning your own games in any way, could you just briefly tell me how many times you have actually paid for DLC?

Icey

Ok :) well I rarely buy DLC for any others games besides Final Fantasy XIII-2. Mostly when a new one comes out I grabe it. However I've come to the point seeing that there really isn't any point of me buying anymore DLC for FF xiii2. It's simple, I spend like 3.00 on outfit for serah or noel and I really don't get anything out of them besides a luck which over time becomes ugly to me. I spend 5.00 on a extra part of the story that really just seems like a less important part of the game. Sure I get a bonus character that I can add to my party to fight along side me against enemies. But why do I need them? I beat the game and there's not much replay value. Unless they expaned the game a lot more with just 1 or 2 DLC I'm not buying no more from them.

Hudders

So you acknowledge that when you buy DLC it's almost valueless to you and it's rather like throwing money down the drain.

I think we've all learned something valuable here.

Many thanks.

Icey

Buckethead

Quote from: Ponch on Thu 17/05/2012 03:30:44

I feel like I'm suddenly not the most important person in your life, Monkey.  :~(

Ponch you are a cow, that's why.  :=

Ponch

Quote from: Buckethead on Thu 17/05/2012 18:33:42
Quote from: Ponch on Thu 17/05/2012 03:30:44

Ponch you are a cow, that's why.  :=

Then it's even worse than I thought! Monkey hates me, Buckethead is a bovineophobe, and there are still no waffle recipes over in Ghost's thread. Making matters worse, I'm apparently the only person here who enjoys DLC (Borderlands and Mass Effect 2, I'm looking at you!) :=

Snarky

Quote from: Dualnames on Thu 17/05/2012 01:49:16
This thread has more replies than a 3 year old game about the design of this site. That pretty much sums it up.

Totally off-topic, but there was an extremely long discussion (about 12 pages, I think) about the site redesign that accidentally got deleted. What remains now is just the tail end of that debate.

Dualnames

Quote from: Snarky on Sat 19/05/2012 11:15:33
Quote from: Dualnames on Thu 17/05/2012 01:49:16
This thread has more replies than a 3 year old game about the design of this site. That pretty much sums it up.

Totally off-topic, but there was an extremely long discussion (about 12 pages, I think) about the site redesign that accidentally got deleted. What remains now is just the tail end of that debate.

I ..don't remember that, I mean i remember everyone suggesting designs and such, Ryan Timothy, Darth, Loominous ecc, but I don't remember the topic being removed or shortened. I stand corrected then.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Snake

Dualnames, stop being Icey's big brother/body guard. I agree with you as far as "let Icey do what he wants with his games" and such, but as for stopping people from derailing the thread and trying to make Icey do things he just ain't gonna' do, you're not going to win, man. Leave it alone and save your energy for a new adventure game ;)

"THEY AIN'T WORTH IT, ROCK"!

As for me, I'm thinking of opening a new thread of my own in the silly forum about all the plans I have for Leitor's Edge :P
...which has been back in "production" for the past three weeks \._./
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Ponch

Quote from: Snake on Sat 19/05/2012 18:40:33
I'm thinking of opening a new thread of my own in the silly forum about all the plans I have for Leitor's Edge :P
...which has been back in "production" for the past three weeks \._./

w00t \o/

WHAM

The font on Ponch's message is too small to make out anything but a pair of O's, so I think he just went "MOOH!"
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Ponch

There's nothing wrong with the font. It's your eyes, WHAM. If you'll recall, your parents told you that if you kept doing that, you'd go blind. And now it's finally happened.  :wink:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk