Icey games' thread

Started by Icey, Mon 05/03/2012 02:58:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Dualnames

I think Ponch just went into moo mode. Also Snake that's a weird place to announce you're working on Leitor's Edge!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Ghost

It's a weird place to enter moo mode...   (nod)

Snake

Quote from: Dualnames on Sun 20/05/2012 11:38:45
I think Ponch just went into moo mode. Also Snake that's a weird place to announce you're working on Leitor's Edge!
(laugh) I figured it would go unnoticed in the midst of all the madness in this thread!
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Icey

UPDATE May 20/12

I guess it's time I give this game an appropriate announcement.

Prologue(Thanks Snarky)
A young boy called Dave was attacked by a monster from the Void and fell into a coma. Now he dreams. The Void had found its way into his dreams and taken his memory, and he didn't know who he was or what had happened to him. Struggling through many different dreams, he was finally able to seal away the Void. Or did he only dream that he did? Finding himself standing on a grassy field, Dave sets his path towards the sun in the hope that it will lead him back into the real world.

This is game is the 4 installment in the Dreams series of PMQ. And it is most likely the best one. The main story and plot will be made by me. And the stories will be made by my friend who is also the one who created Miles & Ghost Cat.

Gilbert

Well...
I've just found the real Pub Master Quest.  :=

Spoiler

If you still cannot get it, look at the button on the upper-left corner in the bottom part.
[close]

Snake

Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Icey

UPDATE May 26/12

Here are two screen shots.

I was on roleplay FB when I came across a artist with a style similar to tetsuya. I asked him if he could draw a test picture for me and it came out really good. So- I asked him if he would like to join my awesome team and now I have new main character artist! :D

Chicky

Was he the guy you were trying to copy? It looks exactly like what you draw, big heads and long necks etc.

Icey

It's the same style but not the same person  :smiley:. This is just someone who draws really close to the guy I'm trying to copy.

UPDATE May 27/12
[Story x Dream Orbs]
In Mile's Awakening, The way you go through the story is by moving to different dreams from the over world(World Map). You will be able to go to different locations straight from the world map but you will Dream Orbs.

"When I dream at night, I sometimes dream of the same location but the dream(events) will be different."

There are a lot of locations with different dream(events) in the game to venture to but you won't be able to play all of them on you first go.
No, you don't need any DLC(roll). You will be able to collect Dream Orbs after completing different task. However there are not that many Dream Orbs hence why you can't go to all the locations on your first go. But there are enough to allow you complete the game.

Kastchey

Well, this guy is certainly much better than you, so it seems like a good idea to let him take over. But how are you gonna deal with the obvious quality difference between his character designs and your in-game sprites? Do you plan to have him draw 4 directional idle sprites for you to animate?

Icey

Hes going to do character art like he just did up there with my characters but a front/back view of the character. Then I will take them and draw them in my in-game sprites style. Also I can't let him take over cause I like the way I draw stuff, it's on the same line as tetsuya but it appears different which is good and I know what I want for my games. However if you said that cause you thought he was doing the in-game sprites then never mind.

Anian

Quote from: Pub master on Mon 28/05/2012 23:41:16
He's going to do character art like he just did up there with my characters but a front/back view of the character. Then I will take them and draw them in my in-game sprites style. Also I can't let him take over cause I like the way I draw stuff, it's on the same line as Tetsuya but it appears different which is good and I know what I want for my games. However if you said that cause you thought he was doing the in-game sprites then never mind.
So why do you need an extra artist if you redo his art? As far as I can see you basically need an artist to draw the poses in costumes you need and then you'll draw over it, but with no regard to anatomy or anime style? What he's doing for you is more character designer than character artist, since it seems you can't really tell if somebody else than you drew the characters.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Icey

UPDATE June 18/12

- Summons -

So I have been talking it over with my Mile's adventure Team about which summons are we gonna use for the game. I wanted to use about 4 - 5 summons to lower the amount of coding I would have to do but in return give them more abilities so they don't seem so lame to most people.

1) Ghost Cat - [The main summon of mile's] A summon that uses Status based abilities

2) Ifrit - A summon that uses Fire based abilities

3) Shiva - A summon that uses Ice based abilities

4) Zangard - A summon that uses physical based abilities

Icey

UPDATE June 23/12

-weapons-

I was able to figure out what swords I will be using for the game. There are a total of 8 swords the player can choose from that Dave can use in battles. The only thing is to save development time, the sword will not be seen in battle, instead the basic sword will be seen. However the stats from the equipped sword are still applied to the weapon. There are special attacks or Assault breaks that are attached to the equipped sword that the player can use on an enemy. In that assault cutscene, the player will be able to see the equipped sword in the animation.

1. Dawn Storm
2. Element Edge
3. Aero Hook
4. Dark Impulse
5. Demon's Fang
6. Bashing Light
7. Piercing Hatchet
8. Ultimate Weapon

monkey0506

Nothing makes a good game like cutting corners "to save development time".

Khris

You don't understand, the saved time is needed to create little logo pics and add shadows.

Ghost

Icey

Quote from: Khris on Sun 24/06/2012 10:29:30
You don't understand, the saved time is needed to create little logo pics and add shadows.

Logo pics and shadows are easier to make cause I don't have to make multiple animation for a pic unless I'm try to really make the menus stand out. And that's animation after animation of the same exact thing just with a different sword. We already know how hard it is for me to work on one game alone, you should be able to see why I'm doing this.

Thanks Ghost. Who knows, maybe one day when I get high on adrenalin I'll make those animations with the swords. I mean that's how those swords was made.

Ilyich

To be fair, that's how it was handled in most 2d RPGs, it's a perfectly common practice. And they do look nice, so well done on that. Now it's a question of implementing them in the game in a sensible, balanced way.

Icey

Thanks. Well I was thinking maybe if I do draw them into animations then the animation will different. I mean the way he holds the sword that is. I want each sword to be unique when being used in battles. Also I'm trying out a new stat in my game which is DEFENSE or "DEF". Each sword has it's own ATK+ amount and a DEF+ amount.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk