Icey games' thread

Started by Icey, Mon 05/03/2012 02:58:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Icey

UPDATE August 17/12

Big News!!!

So I been thinking lately about a "another story" or a side B of Miles awakening, one that would explain a conflict going on at the same time but in a different dream and involves another character. Though it would be a nice idea and it would fit with the story, it's just too much do when it comes to trying make sure both stories can be developed with in the same game due to the fact that they play differently. And I already wasn't trying to use any DLC for Mile's Awakening.

So that's when it hit me. The game would be so easy to make cause due to the story it would allow me to use a lot of content from previous games. It plays out more as an adventure game with the main character's goal being memory building. You will solve puzzles to get memories and then combine them or just use one of them to unlock a Door of Nightmares. Depending on output or just the memory itself, the next following dream will be different but in the end the story will add up.

Dreams Saga: Pub Master Quest is the brand that connects the 2 titles together.
X

Christen's Nightmare is a medium-length game that stars Christen Nakumora as he traverses through nightmares hidden in his and friends memories.

Icey

UPDATE August 26/12

Christen's Nightmare is about 20% finished. A demo should be available something next week (mostlikely Friday). Since the game is not an RPG and more of an adventure game it really feels fun to make something different while using the same theme.

I'm gonna try to get some screen shots up Monday.

CaptainD

Quote from: Pub master on Sun 26/08/2012 07:08:45
Since the game is not an RPG and more of an adventure game it really feels fun to make something different while using the same theme.

Fancy using Adventure Game Studio to make an adventure game - what a radical concept!  :-D ;-D :P

Hope development goes well.

Icey

Thank you kind sir but I'm afraid you miss my point. All I've done is make RPG's and other stuff except the one thing I should have been created using AGS, an adventure game.

Icey

UPDATE September 05/12 -

Christen's Nightmare is about 38% finished. Instead of a Demo I thought why not a little beta. It'll be fully playable but if you would like to try it out you can PM me.

Also here is those screen shots.

Icey

UPDATE September 23/12 -

Let's try this again...

The game that started it all! Pub Master Quest. Legends. Currently the game has went through 4 updated versions whilst only featuring a few updated things. But this time around, version 5 will be the biggest version of PMQ Legends. The version features many changes and brings buckets of new things then the previous versions have.
Changes to make the story make sense and stay on track more in the series. Battle improvements like a new re-masted CABS and a new EXP system. You can dress up in costumes [imgzoom]http://www.pictureshoster.com/files/aphlnnt40k0ogjdxvm9f.png[/imgzoom] that are also present in battles. And the biggest thing yet, Explore the world and take on many quest outside of the main story. Battle super Bosses and tell the story of 4 young friends. There's such much more to do and explore in this game now you'll be playing for hours.

Screen shots(few days old but still works)

Icey

UPDATE November 8/12 -

The new CABS Junction is an enhanced version of the first one. Made to add more flexibility to the characters and more customization. Players are able to unlock up to 6 command slots to use in battle. Instead of choosing from a list of commands to use in battle, player must junction magic, abilities, and items to their respected slots.
  • Attack/Cast/Draw
  • Cast 1
  • Cast 2
  • item
  • Assault
    Those are the 6 available commands

Chapters 1 and 2 are finished, I am going to upload chapter 1 to The Ultimate Square Enix page tomorrow night. Visit the page here: https://www.facebook.com/FF.agito.XIII.page

Icey

UPDATE December 9/12 -

miguel

Hey Icey, what's up? Still working on it I see. You've got some typos in there my friend.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Icey

Hey'a, I just been working on a lot of things and been busy with school.

And Dammmnnnn I thought it was perfect. I guess it's good I didn't close out of the picture.

MiteWiseacreLives!

Reading this thread has provided a bunch of cheap laughs!
I think someone should create an adventure game based soley on this thread...
Where in, Icey of course, would be the hero. He would be visiter to the "Land of AGS" with only his backpack full of scetches and plot outlines. In this land of Forums (instead of towns) the majority of AGS'ers he encounters would engage him in conversations designed to drain his "Self-Confidence points" stat, he could counter with his crazy anti-logic or move the conversation to a wild new game idea leaving the AGS'er dumbfounded and destroyed. I imagine him regaining his Self-Confidence Points by finding computer terminals scattered about on which he could blog about his latest obsession. The only other stat would be Phonix Points, which he would slowly gain in night classes until he was completely hooked. His overall goal would likely be to complete an RPG on AGS vindicating his name in the Forums of AGS Land...
Along the way he could complete side-quests like:
-Acquiring Basic Grammar!
-Pass the ESL Exam!
-Unlock the secrets of Downloadable Content! or was it really just Unlockable Content all along... woah...
-Shake off the Demons of the Final Fantasy Wannabe Cult!
I'm undecided whether the final boss should be Kris or Ghost....
Now it should be made clear that Icey cannot make this game, unless of couse he lives out this crazy fantasy in real life and can look back on his own past and truly understand the entertainment value it holds.

p.s. - Keep on keeping on Icey! I am really interested in what you will finaly produce when you trap and contain all those ideas.

OG

Quote from: MiteWiseacreLives! on Wed 12/12/2012 02:04:56
I am really interested in what you will finaly produce when you trap and contain all those ideas.

The most epic game of all time I'd imagine. Then who will be laughing.

Ghost

I'm undecided whether the final boss should be Kris or Ghost....

Nah. M'hair is neither blue nor spiky enough.

Ponch

Keep on keeping on Icey!

Indeed. Intentionally or otherwise, Icey remains one of the most enthusiastic and entertaining AGSers.  :cheesy:

Icey

I sorta don't know how to reply to anything, that's why I haven't responded |:[

But I guess I can say I will keep on I guess, one day I'll release something fully worthy of playing and hopefully I'll get at least some attention for it.

Ponch

Quote from: icey games on Wed 19/12/2012 04:02:01
I can say I will keep on
This is what I'm talking about, Icey. Your unflagging desire to keep making games is what gives me hope for you. You never give up and I admire that! :cheesy:

I'm convinced that with enough effort (and studying game design -- specifically what works and what doesn't in adventure games), you'll one day make a fantastic AGS game.

Seriously. Don't give up, Icey. Work hard and don't be afraid to take a serious look at your old games. Examine them and think hard on what you got wrong (and right) and find ways to improve on those ideas in future games. One day you'll be an AGS legend, I'm sure of it.  :smiley:

I believe in you, Oceanspirit Icey.  :cool:

Seriously, I do.

Icey

Thanks Ponch, I'm telling you at first my dream was to get into SE through all of this but recently all I really want to accomplish is to make a great AGS game that can stand up there next to the big boys :)

That's my AGS dream. I just wanna be known for creating something great. And indeed with some studying and more experiments I will be successful.

miguel

QuoteThat's my AGS dream. I just wanna be known for creating something great.

You're a inspiration for all of us, Icey. There's no doubt that you'll produce a great game in the future. It takes time, but you've got plenty of it.
Merry Xmas Icey!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Icey

Thank Miguel, all of you guys words mean a lot to me. :)

And Merry Xmas to you to.

Icey

UPDATE December 21/12 -

Project End is a short PMQ game I'm working on. It has absolutely nothing to do with any other PMQ game I've made. It is a completely new stand-alone story. The game features Dave on a quest to save the world from ultimate oblivion but he ends up getting his sword transformed into a alternate copy of himself named Dawn. Today is the day the world will come to an end unless the two can seek out the divine light to take down the troll lord and save the planet.

I know I'm gonna get talked down to by at least one person but I hope not. Anyhow the plot sounds stupid but the games really turning out good. It's fully playable and it will be the first Square Effect game released so that's a mental +1 for me(woohoo!)

So the game is coming out on New years! That sounds awesome!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk