Icey games' thread

Started by Icey, Mon 05/03/2012 02:58:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost

Icey

UPDATE February 1/13 

yep and now to explain this logo.

PMQ - Legend of the ice maiden

This is a game that I'm working on for a special event this year. And I wanted to make it for the AGS Bake sale.
Now I was informed that I had to make a original game but I still wanted to get the name of PMQ out there some way that would allow it to be in the bundle.
I wanted the game to be apart of the main series of PMQ legends but not something that made it where you had to know the series to play it or that felt broken in a sense. So I knew the only way to do this was to go back to where it all started, a point where I could create a new story and have it still apart of the main series.

This game is a prequel story I created for the Legends series. It tells the story of how the Dave and his team first got together and the biggest quest they first had to embark on.

Plot

Every 1000 years the magical barrier around the northern continent goes out and the Gods choose a new Ice Maiden. In 2010, the daughter of the Lord Oliver was chosen by the gods to become the new Ice Maiden. Lord Oliver summoned 5 young adventures to come and guide his daughter to the Temple of Eons, as it is a dangerous journey and she must restore the barrier. However the Eglis army is trying to recover the maiden as they need her powers to fuel their futuristic technology. Can the team guide the maiden to her objective or lose her to a world threaten military army.

Development
The game has not gone in the development yet as I'm trying a new tactic that will better help guide me threw making this game. I call it brainstorming, I never really tried this before with making my games which is why they appear broken. With this I can plot the story, events, concept arts, and other stuff all in the same place. I'm about 90% finished with that part of the game. I plan to fully complete a part of the game each month before the end of the Bake sale.

As of this month I plan to devote my Dev time to developing the C.A.B.S Junction. The battle system used in both this game and PMQ Legends, plus a small sample version in my December MAGS game. The system is a bit confusing to develop but I know once it's finished, it'll be something I could port to other games I make.

I'm looking for people who are willing to test other the system builds from time to time. Of course the one I'm working on isn't finish but it will be soon so if your interested just drop me a PM.

Features
-New Battle system
-Party Chat
-Side Quest
-Action sequences
-more

Music

I've spoken with my man Loney about the OST for the game and he said he would be able to help out again. Hes helping me with the OST for PMQ Legends as well. I'm also getting some help by someone I found on Youtube named Gforce who makes awesome remixes.

Ghost

So there's going to be another Bake Sale? That's awesome news!

Icey

uh well, oh damn, my bad Ponch. I didn't me to blow the surprise. Besides, I'm sure not everyone has seen...wait but nobody knows when. Oh hoho! :3
I'm just merely getting ready for it when ever it comes cause I don't even know truth be told. I just want to be able to have something finish for it this time.

Ghost

Quote from: icey games on Sun 03/02/2013 03:57:04
uh well, oh damn, my bad Ponch. I didn't me to blow the surprise.
Ah, no need to be ashamed. I mean, you have just dashed forward and  revealed the most awesome bit of news to the whole of your readership. Who knows, maybe people will be absolutely happy about that. I am, that's for sure.

I am not really sure if the text shouldn't by Pub Master Quest. All capitals. It's common in headlines to write in caps. That was actually ON TOPIC, too.

Icey

Thanks Ghost for boosting my spirits about this. :)

And trust me, I know, the thing is that the M, and the P are really big and they sorta make the PMQ alone ugly IMO. So I've been using lower case for the M and the P even though it's grammatically incorrect.

Ghost

Quote from: icey games on Sun 03/02/2013 19:56:53
Thanks Ghost for boosting my spirits about this. :)
I did? (I wanted to be ironic and thought that in context it would be clear.)

Quote from: icey games on Sun 03/02/2013 19:56:53
So I've been using lower case for the M and the P even though it's grammatically incorrect.
It really does look wrong though. And it may not be grammatically incorrect but it deviates from a standard (rule?), so why not redesign your logo so that it looks better and *is* correct?
You'd be surprised to see Square announcing "Final fantasy XXIII", too, wouldn't you?

Icey

Well you sure made me a bit happier

I would be kinda surprised if they did. Here's what I'll do, see my version of Photo shop is broken. I had 3 versions of the logo. One with the girl full body, her alone with out the title and this one. But only this one saved so I would kinda suck to have to go in there and try to redraw her and a new title. What I will do is on the next game I will see how I could make the title look when it's grammatically correct and use that for the game. And that's a promise. ;)

Ghost

I hear reinstalling Photoshop makes it as good as new. You know, from that disk it comes on. There's even customer service.

I am surprised to hear you want to make a game for a fundraiser and can't even be bothered to spell-check the "cover". I'm no "grammar expert" though- god knows I make a lot of mistakes myself- so I don't even know if you must have those capitals or not. It just stroke me as odd.

But this is turning into a dialogue and maybe doesn't belong here.
I'll stop.

Icey

2009 - 2012 version vs possible 2013

Ghost

Right one looks better. The M is hard to read, but the capitals really look better. I'd stick to that one.

Icey

Ok, I'ma give that one a try and I figured out a trick to get the girl back in the title and the text which I have to redo cause I was informed it doesn't spell Legend of the ice maiden.

Khris

Right now it looks like Pub easter Quest.
I'd also move the two t's on the right apart; you probably did this deliberately but it doesn't look good IMO.

Icey

See the first one is easy to make out, the P just looks like it fused with a Z but the second one looks like J + E then a Q or a G.

The T's are kinda odd looking but I like it cause it makes the title look less simple.

Also Khris, do you think you can try out the Battle system test game when it's finished and stable enough to play? It's currently table just not finished.

Tabata

I am not able to explain this in english words, sorry!  (roll)

So I hope, you don't mind, if I show it:

I didn't do it propper â€" just to show you, how I'd pefer it to be.

Since this isn't the Critics Lounge, just tell me if you prefer it to be hidden
or I can delete it completely it if you want.

Icey

How do you move it?

Any how, Damn that does look good, if it weren't for the girl in the back I would go with that that idea. :(

Tabata

Quote from: icey games on Mon 04/02/2013 20:17:45
How do you move it?
Just a bit of copy and paste :wink:

But I don't understand your problem with the girl.
You still can place it behind where it has been, since this version is like the pmq2013-file.

Icey

I gotta re-install my version of Photoshop. I lost the picture with girl full bodied alone cause when I saved it I though it saved but it didn't and I closed the tab she was in so all I had left was this one.

Tabata

Quote from: icey games on Mon 04/02/2013 20:29:13
... so all I had left was this one.
How about the "cut and paste"-thingy for her, too?

Icey

Shes to far into the tilte, the only reason why I can do the C & P with Khris version is cause the tile is in the center. I wish I could do it but I just can't figure out away besides redrawing her.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk