Icey games' thread

Started by Icey, Mon 05/03/2012 02:58:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Khris

Quote from: icey games on Mon 04/02/2013 19:53:24Also Khris, do you think you can try out the Battle system test game when it's finished and stable enough to play? It's currently table just not finished.
I'll only test it when it's at least executive desk.

Icey

Tabata

Hmmm - of course this isn't the version that can be used,
but if you do an overwork, it's possible:

Whatever you decide to go for - good luck  (nod)

Khris

Icey, I'm not going to explain my bad joke; suffice to say that I might test your battle system if I get to look at the source and determine that you've actually programmed it instead of pretending to. I'm not going to try and help you fix something as broken as the last battle code you posted.
If you mean "test it" as in I just get to tell you what's wrong, I might do that even if it's broken. I'm no good beta tester though; I tend to Alt-X out of broken games way too fast.

Icey

@Tabata: Okay, I see it how it can be done but I think I'm gonna stick with the current one I just made or the old one cause this new one is two big now and I don't wanna shrink it.

@Khris: I can give you the source when it's playable, of course there is gonna be stuff in there that you will think I should have done otherwise or something I didn't have to do make something so long, etc. but I'm sure not as much as before cause I'm trying to do what we talked about last time with making my own functions. It's a bit hard cause I have to find new loop holes to get what I want vs everything being in one room then having to copy and paste, but I'm getting the hang of it slowly but surely.

Icey

UPDATE February 6/13 

Here are some character portraits, but none of these are the main characters.

Erick

Sindy

Mindy

Ness

Rubin

Tifany Lotus

Jacob McRodlin

Ojo [King Gilgamesh]

selmiak

hey, these guys look nice.

Icey

Thanks, updated with 3 more.

Tifany Lotus

Jacob McRodlin

Ojo [King Gilgamesh]

Icey

UPDATE February 10/13

So I was thinking and there's a new system I was thinking of adding to the game. In the game, when you battle you gain AP which can be used to level up abilities and Magic. Point of this is because I wanna make it where the Magic/abilities damage points are added to the players MGK/ or ATK and then increases the damage dealt on a target. I don't think it a cheap way of making the player stronger but a way of given them more customization when it comes to battles.

I don't have a screen shot but do have this bit of code.

Code: AGS

score = Player1MGK+mfire;
     FadingMessage(45, 94);
     TargetHP -= score;

Icey

UPDATE February 13/13

Here's a few shot of the debugger...I know btw that I spelled it wrong.

Khris

I have only three questions:
1. Why do you use a signature image that's a lot bigger than the allowed maximum height and thus cut off in the middle?
2. Why did you not use the built-in screen capture function; and while I'll grant that it takes some work to make it capture blocking events, if you went to the trouble of arranging those screenshots in a graphics program, why keep the window border!?
3. Will you ever have an avatar image that's actually 120x120 pixels?

(rhetorical questions, don't answer them)

miguel

I want to ask some questions too:

1)Icey, what's your relation with the russian meteorite?
2)Does the name 'Oliver' mean anything to you?
2)What do you call a cat with pants?
Working on a RON game!!!!!

selmiak

3) why do you use 2) twice?

Crimson Wizard

I think this game will be new "Resonance".
No, really, just think about that. 5 years later, when we already forgot about it, it will be released and make us say "WOW". :)

Cuiki

Those portraits look really cool. Seriously, why don't you team up with someone for a project or two, and be in charge of the artwork?
Hmm..it's kinda steep. But with a sled I can slide down the slope.

Icey

Thanks, I got 2 people that I'm supposed to be working with but I don't know where they vanished too XD

And know one really ask's, I feel like it's do to all the reviews I got over the years about my games that makes less and less people wanna play them thus they would think about taking a look threw my stuff. :/

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: icey games on Fri 15/02/2013 19:30:20
And know one really ask's, I feel like it's do to all the reviews I got over the years about my games that makes less and less people wanna play them thus they would think about taking a look threw my stuff. :/
There's one reason behind this: you start a large project, barely finish small part of it, and make a release.
If instead you will do small game, where every part of gameplay is really finished, the opinions would be much better.

Ghost

Icey, I can't make head or tails out of those screenshots. I know you have a knack for making complicated rulesets and this one has me at a loss. Can you sum it up in a sentence or two?

Quote from: miguel on Fri 15/02/2013 12:09:53
2)What do you call a cat with pants?
Cants?

Icey

Yes Crimson Wizard, I can totally agree with that about me making games and only finishing them half way. That all started from from my first game. I think I got a developer disability or something lol. But I have been getting better over the years at this slowly. That last game I made for the MAGS could have took a different direction if I knew I was going in solo to the victory. The game was too ambitious for 30 days. I could have pulled off the game off fully complete like it was supposed to be but I had other things to worry about in life.

And Ghost I will give it a shot.

4 Battlers join together to take down a foe that stands tall, even when small, at enemy lines. The player equips Abilities, Magic, and Items to Battle Action Slots. These Battle Actions are called in a Pre-set order determined by the Player pickings. Then they attack from top to the bottom then then it's the enemies turn to battle. :3

Ghost

Quote from: icey games on Sat 16/02/2013 01:32:43
4 Battlers join together to take down a foe that stands tall, even when small, at enemy lines. The player equips Abilities, Magic, and Items to Battle Action Slots. These Battle Actions are called in a Pre-set order determined by the Player pickings. Then they attack from top to the bottom then then it's the enemies turn to battle. :3

Right, that's pretty much the bit I figured out myself- it's basic and robust, and many games do it pretty much the same. But what exactly are "juncions"? Sounds to me as if I can combine something- maybe skills from different classes- to make something new? Is that the case? Like merging a strong fighter attack with a wizard's fireball to create a fire strike or something? Otherwise the whole system would be (this is not to sound bad btw!) would be nothing but a relatively complex way of creating a "queue"...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk