Icey games' thread

Started by Icey, Mon 05/03/2012 02:58:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicky

Lovely character portraits Icey! Not too sure about the third image, i was always warned not to eat yellow snow :tongue:

Icey

Thanks, I wanted to attack a new style for certain conversations. And go on, it's the cleanest yellow snow on the planet :x

Ghost

Quote from: icey games on Thu 04/04/2013 01:51:02
Thanks, I wanted to attack a new style for certain conversations.

You can talk to yellow snow in the game?  ;-D

Icey

Silly people, you can't talk to yellow snow, but there's so much talk of it I might just throw it in their as a Easter egg lol.

Icey

UPDATE April 6/13 

Uploaded some "pre-colored/detailess" shots and stuff on the S.U.S.E FB page. You can check out the all of them here!

Or check out 4 I like the most below

miguel

Working on a RON game!!!!!

Icey

Thanks dude :)

I'll have more stuff to show soon but I gotta color these then when I start the next batch I'll post those.

Icey

UPDATE April 12/13 

Big update in SPACE!...not really tho.

Backgrounds that I've colored.

Story characters.

Below is a list of the characters in the game, not all will be playable for the whole the game but in certain sections of the game.
[imgzoom]https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/561436_560416060665375_626640615_n.jpg[/imgzoom]

New feature!

AMS - active message system (basically a IM)

This will be used to receive mail from certain characters in the game. I wanted to use Mog.net but I can't cause I'm trying to keep anything that's from FF out of this game and only stick with PMQ elements.

But here's how it works. Let's say that in the game, you spoke with a old lady. She said she has a total of 20 cats whom each ran away from home. She asks you to search for them while your on your adventure. By finding a cat it is automatically transported back to her and then you'll receive a new message letting you know she got the cat and it'll contain some gold as a reward.

But that's just a optional side quest, there are other reasons for you to receive Messages throughout the story.

And the main concept behind the game!

Here is a picture of Dave is the Ice Maiden.
[imgzoom]https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/67984_558944117479236_1429999298_n.jpg[/imgzoom]

Can you guess what's going in the picture?

Demo Time!!!...not lol

I plan on making a demo for the game once I'm able to get my hands on the Battle system. By then I should have enough in the game to put together a short demo.

Monsieur OUXX

IF YOU LAUGH YOU LOSE.

Retro Wolf

That guy should get his own game!

It's threads like these that make me wish I worked harder in art class at school. Looking good Icey!

Icey

UPDATE May 20/13 

Hehe Thanks(I spelled breathe wrong -.- )

Any how let's get this back up in the top 3!!!! XD

First off, hello, I'm back, I was gone working on Bakesale game and a bunch of others things in life.

Now about my game, the PMQ game I was working on has been pushed back to next year. Why? that damn game to ambitious for 5 month of just me working on it. So what I did is I took a look in my book of "unused ideas", thought of a new story and play style and brought and completed the Dungeons & Dragons styled game by Vagrant Story creator called Crimson Shroud.

[embed=425,349]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WgFzlxMzJzs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/embed]

I didn't want to come back to the forums until I had at least went half way into the battle system. I figured out a few plans to make development simple/easy and fun. This way I'll be able to have a smooth course with working on the game and I won't really encounter any big problems that I have to come to seek out help for.

September 2013
Progress 70% finished

"Can you see the mist that surrounds us, it sets asunder the gate to your world from mine. To enter the gate you must free yourself from you body. A Death set on the flesh in presence of eternal greatness, a Flawless Fatality is the only way to set back whats right."

The game follows the story of boy named Champ who visits his friends house. He & 3 others player a Dungeon Game called Mythical Gambit. The game is set in the old world of South Senpah 1000 years ago. Once the game starts, the players find themselves to be sucked away into the game world. Now it's up to Champ to find all his friends fight his way out of the game by going the all the obstacles set ahead of him big the Dungeon Master.

P.S. I suck at summarizing stuff but one I want to say is that threw out the story you'll come to see that each character has some feeling of Grief that's holding them back from truly continuing living life. Even the people of the world share this same trait.

The game uses a battle system themed after what I learned from Crimson Shroud and mix of my own stuff. I've noticed D&D games uses a hell of a lot stuff like stats that make them confusing to work with at first. But this game uses a simple straight forward system. A new feature I added is called the ATL [Action Time Line]

Actions you choose are lined up along the ATL along with the enemies. Each action of the 3 characters in the party are carried out by their placing in selection in battle. But the determination of when the party can execute commands is by the Speed of the party which is nothing more then the sum of the 3 selected battlers in your Party.

The game features a variety of Magic and Abilities called and . In this world magic has yet to fully be discovered by everyone and it is all summed to be lies but a selected few are blessed with the ability to use these Myth's.

Some of the story, Darkness has finally awoken again after being put to sleep 300 years ago. A Mist, created out evil, has formed around the islands of South Senpah. As the cloudy evil engulfs the islands monsters are released into the world. The island soon become a no mans land. The Crystal that once protected the world has lost it's radiance but before it's death it passed on it's light to 8 individuals. These individuals will step forward to seal evil for eternity even if it cost them their lives..

A few Characters & monsters

<Champ

Also A small demo made based on Dennis will be made for his Bday, expect to see it May 30th!!1!
The character is NOT DENNIS, HE IS THE OCEANSPIRIT...That's it. He is really Tidal(A character I made) who is just cameoing Dennis.

[Look, please don't get mad if there's a bunch of typos, I'm like half awake at the moment. :)]

Retro Wolf

Why does this enemy have breasts?  ;)

Quote from: icey games on Mon 20/05/2013 02:58:20

Is this the project that Snarky was scripting the battle system for?

I love the little chracters, reminds me of when I painted Warhammer miniatures as a kid.

Icey

Those are little hands, me and friends created him. His a nipple licking monster.

Well no, that was the other project, I forgot to include that. If you think about it judging by the time I have to work on a game I would only be able to use present 1 - 2/8 of game with a good battle engine. With that being said, I still need that battle system from snarky for future games. Once I get my hands on it I'll be able to learn how to use it and tweak it for other uses. :)

Snarky

Yeah, I'll get back on that. Other things have been coming up (I had to give a presentation at work, I was a away for a week, family came to visit, I started a website, etc.), but I should have some time the coming weeks.

Icey

UPDATE June 2/13 

When ever you feel like working on it Snarky is the best thing you can do, Nothing good ever comes out of anything rushed.

Like this late OSD BDAY game that I had to rush threw because I suddenly have so much school to do in a short time. (yeah!!!!! -.- )

Download here(Because I'm haveing a hard ass time uploading my game to the Data Base X[ )

Icey

UPDATE June 13/13 

Today I want to share some of the story cutscene like art.

A child, tricked by the hand of Chaos

His spirit may hold shelter within you...

But his heart remains with his mother...

Alas, a Pond of Chaos it was that became of his body....

A Master swordsmen, vanquished the Troll Titan

His soul, imbued with the power of Darkness, the feelings of an outsider...

These are just some of the little artworks that help the story during cutscenes since the way the game works I can't do cutscenes like I or most people normally would.

miguel

Your skill is growing day by day, Icey. Nice drawings, man!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Icey

Thanks man, I've recently decided that I am gonna spend my time after this game to reteach  myself the basics of manga drawing so I can improve even more and get a better grasp of my style.

Icey

UPDATE June 20/13 

I've been doing some plotting since the main story for the game isn't fully finished I've been plotting the thought of 7 possible sequels where all games end up being connected in cool way. This game will kick things off and it all will connect back to the beginning in the end.

[imgzoom]https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1017060_590168904356757_1586011095_n.jpg[/imgzoom]

Next month I'll go into a bit of detail of each game cause I should have the plots fully down for all of them by that time.

Icey

UPDATE July 1/13 

A look at the Hero Magic(Myths) spells being used in battle

[embed=425,349]<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KALMCnJbb0U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/embed]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk