Icey games' thread

Started by Icey, Mon 05/03/2012 02:58:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsieur OUXX

Did you know this Icey Games game?

Icey

Interesting, the origin of my name has been found. But seriously tho, I noticed that with my name (Icey games game) which is another reason I wanted to change it bu I've been thinking about it and I think I want to drop studio 3 and go back to Icey Games...hmmm decisions decisions :)

Adeel

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Wed 21/08/2013 00:12:21
Did you know this Icey Games game?

This reference made my day, Monsieur :D. (Note: I've no grudge against Icey. Well, I don't even know him much but this thread gives me some idea).

Retro Wolf

So not only does Icey have a successful show on the Disney channel, and is an employee at Square Enix.....he founded Lucas Arts?!

Eight games Icey? You're very ambitious!

Icey

Ohh ill be just fine with those games. Theres a lot going on atm but real soon im gonna become a official dev of a company that first got me into game making before SE. Ill be updating again if not tomorrow then Friday about more mg news and more.;)

veryweirdguy

I dunno man, I looked up the wiki page for Electronic Arts and it looks like they have 16 games currently in development, as opposed to only 8. I think you're slacking.

Icey

Did you forget all the pmq and osd games I gotta finish. I think im beating everyone lol, square cant even touch me :D

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: veryweirdguy on Thu 22/08/2013 10:22:27
Electronic Arts  have 16 games currently in development, as opposed to only 8.

Yeah, but Icey doesn't own many succesful licences ready to be sabotaged, like EA does.
PS: Adeel! Give us news! We miss you! ;)

Icey

So EA is about to lose some stuff?

Khris

Quote from: icey games on Wed 21/08/2013 18:30:13real soon im gonna become a official dev of a company that first got me into game making
So which one is it?

Icey

I gotta go to my job to get my money real quick and I'ma come back and explain everything ;)

Adeel

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Thu 22/08/2013 19:34:24
[...]
PS: Adeel! Give us news! We miss you! ;)

The news is delayed owing to the setting up of a new station ;). The news broadcast will start again from the first week of September, so stay tuned. :)

====

Quote from: icey games on Thu 22/08/2013 20:52:35
I gotta go to my job to get my money real quick [...]

If you don't my asking, Icey. How much does this job pay to you? :)

Icey

I'm no drug dealer lol my summer job ended and I was going to get my last pay check which I can't cash until tomorrow -.-

Anyhow ok! it's time I gonna prepare another post right now so be back in a bit.

Retro Wolf

Icey

Oh yes yes, I get paid precious precious gil by a magical wizard in a cave ;)

Oh and my supervisor is a guy with spiky hair and a big sword :D

Retro Wolf

I would be wary of this man's big sword... he may try and use it on you!

Adeel

Quote from: Oldschool_Wolf on Thu 22/08/2013 23:24:39
I would be wary of this man's big sword... he may try and use it on you!

Icey is notorious for surviving even the most deadly attacks either physically or mentally. I'm sure that he'll not be afraid of that big sword :D.

Retro Wolf

As long as he wears mythril underpants, he will be fine!

Icey

Indeed, btw I'm typing atm, just wanted to throw that out there so no one thinks I forgot.

Icey

UPDATE Augest 22/13 

Ok so like I said I was gonna do a update cause I don't update here much anymore, not cause I'm looking for attention cause I see the page numbers rise all the time. I just rather update there and stuff before I come here. However I've posted 1/3 the updates on here than facebook. Point is now is story telling time so gather around children. It's time for a "cool" story.

First up, Let's talk about #Mythical_Gambit.

(P.S. there is no Chocobos in this game, that was just made to show off on my FB page
So the game is set to drop sometime in december along with the backsale bundle. The games becoming along really good. It's sorta hard making by myself but that's how I want it in a sense. I want to be a able to show that I have the ability to take from all the past help, all the half made or failed projects I made or started prior to the game and fully utilize all that to the best of my ability. I've spoken with a bunch of you via PM or just as a reply. You know I asked the question about I think what makes a good RPG. Some of you took it seriously and others didn't but still I listened and I took and I'm still taking into account the things you guys said. It's hard to listen to everyone and you can't make everyone happy, I've come to learn that not now but a long time ago. When Playing Mythical Gambit or anyone of the sequels to follow, you'll see that this obviously isn't the normal or average Icey games game. It's something different, it's something unique, solid, and best of all - playable. And playable is important cause I want people to be able to enjoy the game from start to finish. As of right now I'm still no pro so it won't be beautifully coded neat and stuff however I did all that I can do to approve upon the way I used to code. I was able to finally make my own Battle system that actually works like a normal RPG battle system with a few "icey" touches of course, or and may I add that theres no Junctions this time around, sorry to the jokers out there lol ;)

The game is like I've stated before, played like a tabletop RPG with monopoly pieces. So with that in mind for this game I had to create a unique way the world would sorta be more lively. Or the level maps you'll see various weather effects from falling leaves, snow, rain and other things fog and stuff. I've learned how to make looping clouds which the designs of the clouds will vary upon locations. You can find Icons such as these:

- Since you can't walk around this massive world in this game I wanted to show a away that there are still people in this world that you can still talk to even though you can't see them on the map. Once you click this you'll be entered in a convo between you and the NPC who will tell you either a tip, useful information, or just converse in some small talk.

- There is no EXP in this game, So the only way to level up is to gain gain gain that precious, no not Gil, just plain old Gold. You can earn a random amount of 50g-250g. Then cash it to buy items or get leveling items which can be use to raise HP/ATK or MGK/Spd.

- Every month you'll have the chance to scavenege around the world for 1 out well I have calculated all of the bonuses tho it'll most likely be 12, But if you see a icon like this I suggest you click. It'll reward you things like bonus costumes, characters and item packs. However if you missed anything or just can't find them that big world then that fine. I've gonna open a service page on my FB where you can connect and download any of the extras you missed or just can't find.

&

These are two membership titles of the service that you get from new Icey games game and/or the Studio 3 fb page. From the ingame start menu you'll be able to get download 6 free downloads however if you want more extras and other stuff the page has to offer then just click the link at the bottom and you'll be taken the service page where you'll be able to download other extras and exclusive ones to the page. Theres a bunch of other stuff you can download like wallpapers and stuff tracks from the games. And the items in the store will be free, all you have to do is download and follow the instructions and hit the resync button to sync your downloads to the games and that's it.

Now while the steam sale was going on I grab the RPG maker Ace engine which you can most likely be seeing a MG on there in the future. Point is they had an offer on the engines DLC, I was able to purchase a bunch of music which I'll be using in the game and I have a whole bunch of other free music I found. Plus Loney Childress, the guy who's been helping me a with music for my unfinished games.

Hes working on some of the original tracks now and will finish up for the anniversary release next year. You can hear wonderfully played main theme of Mythical Gambit here, courtesy of Loney: http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bflatmedia.com%2Fstudio3dlg%2FMysticalGambit-theme.mp3&h=VAQE2FrKA

The game will use sounds from the pack that Ghost gave me and others I found on the net.

Now all this stuff I've stated is in the works, and is working out. These are not just things I'm saying I want to do but rather what's currently going on.

Now if you read that right then you'll notice that I've insisted that future games won't be the same as the first. Each of the games themes will change and the way they work. some will be in 2D, 2.5d, and/or 3D. Some will be on on other systems and mobile devices.

The world of Mythical Gambit is immersive, the stories are at detailed and filled with the most epic plots you'll ever see...maybe not, but they are really enjoyable and they will relate to things in the real world and even the player. I got that idea from Grim one day he was talking with me.

Next up we talk about the Big N

Yep I'm about to become a Nintendo developer!!!!! They've contacted me and they're gonna give me a call back soon. If anything soon I'll be starting a kick starter along with building a successful team tackle my next hit game after MG. I want to bring MG to the Wii U but I can't because of the bakesale so I if anything maybe I do it next year but if anything I could bring the sequel straight to the Wii U. The thing the is I promised the PMQ series that if I did go console at some point I'd do that game first so I'm stuck in the middle and I'll have to decide if I'm gonna build a team to make MG2 or PMQ for the Wii U. I also might be getting a Xbox one dev kit but I don't really wanna support the console so we'll see.

And that's it. That's a big ass update to finish off August :3 

Oh and how could I forget, I'm going back to Icey Games again ;)

New logo, new everything, I expect a interview soon Ben304 & Grundislav lol ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk