Icey games' thread

Started by Icey, Mon 05/03/2012 02:58:23

Previous topic - Next topic

miguel

That's some good news Icey.
Who's scripting your game for the Nintendo console?
Working on a RON game!!!!!

LimpingFish

Yay! The old Icey is back! In more ways than one....
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Icey

@Miguel: So I'm just wait for the call back so I can get everything setup, I found out the languages used for system are really common, it uses things like javascript, C++ HTML5,etc...

I can learn but having to learn a new language just to make a new RPG is to much let alone port one. So I'll search for someone good in those fields, I wanted to ask here but I needed to announce this first.

@LimpingFish: Ohh yeah, Stuido3 is too simple and lame and I mostly known for that so it was best for me to make that name change. ;)

miguel

"Common" doesn't mean they are simple languages Icey. And you'll not have AGS to back you, I wish you luck on finding somebody to code it for you.
I'm really glad that your projects are being recognized, but at the same time I hope your not putting your foot too much ahead of your body...
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Icey

I know I didn't mean that as simple, If it comes down to where I can't find anyone then I'll just make something simple. I could always try search for a RPG template for one of the languages. How it'll be like starting over again, joining a new forum, seeking help and info from new people. The problem there is I actually have the experience but not with this new stuff so they gonna tell me why am I trying to start off with something so huge and I don't even know the basics.

However I must thank you Miguel and I assure I've got a lot of this planned out. Nintendo I can promise was not in my plans otherwise I would have not been in the AGS bake sale from the start. But I doubt MG would have been born if it wasn't for the bake sale so I guess everything happens for a reason :)

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: icey games on Wed 21/08/2013 00:19:52
I think I want to drop studio 3 and go back to Icey Games...hmmm decisions decisions :)
You do realize the correct spelling is "icy" and not "icey", yes?

Icey

I know, but google is also spell wrong which is actually supposed to be googlle if I'm correct. I'm not using that as an excuse tho ;)

I just like it spelled that way as I've had it for so long and it'll stand out better or worse than the correct spelling icy games.

All my accounts just about use the prefix Icey.

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: icey games on Fri 23/08/2013 22:35:54
I know, but google is also spell wrong which is actually supposed to be googlle if I'm correct. I'm not using that as an excuse tho ;)
It was actually googol that the name Google was "based" on.

And I don't see Icey as a preferable way of spelling it. I actually see it as an 8 year old's attempt at trying to spell. I personally would have a hard time taking that company seriously.

Before I found out your name was supposed to be "Icy", I actually read it as "I-key" or "I-kay". I still often look at it and laugh at how long you've decided to run with it.

Icey

Googol, huh yeah but I like everyone else would look at that and say they prefer Google, and that I'm sure is only cause they are used to seeing it that way even though it'll be said the same.

When I play online People either call me Icey or Iceyfresh (Iceyfesh1 if they saying it with the number on it) and they call it off as Icy. You see what I mean, I'm not saying that they are used to it. I'm saying they're able to still read it off as what it's intended to say. It's not a grammatical error, it's I just really like that spelling and I want it to be like all my other accounts.

I'm mean if I'm to be completely honest the name could have been Crazy Panda games as Crazy Panda was my first XB360 tag name however I couldn't use it once I got gold so the name died off and this was before I got AGS. However I think a name such as that is far more foolish to have that little spelling error don't you think? :)

Adeel

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Fri 23/08/2013 22:54:54
And I don't see Icey as a preferable way of spelling it. I actually see it as an 8 year old's attempt at trying to spell. I personally would have a hard time taking that company seriously.

I've not been here for long but I've been here enough that I've grown used to see the name: Icey. It will surely take me sometime to get used to Icy (if in the very unlikely case Icey ever changes it :P).

Icey, this time: your argument really holds some ground. ;)

Icey

Adeel

Tell me honestly, did you draw this fox after my comment?

If yes, then you've drawn it quite well and that too within 8 minutes.

Icey

Thanks, yeah as soon as I seen your comment I instantly went into PS and drew it. It would have took me a few more min to color but I would have gotten it to you in 12 or 13min.

Adeel

Seriously Icey, if you're not lying then I must say: Your talent is awesome. :)

It would've taken me at the very least, half an hour, to draw something similar to this.

Icey

Ohh stop you, I'm blushing :3

I would of drawn a picture for that but I had to make a run to the store and I'm pack up my laptop atm. But next time tho ;)

qptain Nemo

Quote from: icey games on Fri 23/08/2013 01:16:31
Yep I'm about to become a Nintendo developer!!!!! They've contacted me and they're gonna give me a call back soon.
I can't help my curiosity, could you elaborate? What prompted them to contact you? How did they contact you? What did they say? If you could share any details of your success story with fellow indie developers it would be nice.

Myinah

I'm going to assume Icey contacted them for a developers license (which any dev can apply for) and they have accepted this and are contacting him regarding payments, dev kits, etc.  Is that correct Icey?

Anian

Quote from: qptain Nemo on Sat 24/08/2013 17:44:03I can't help my curiosity, could you elaborate? What prompted them to contact you? How did they contact you? What did they say? If you could share any details of your success story with fellow indie developers it would be nice.
It's like this - you draw Marvel fan art, by drawing over it and ignoring anatomy, all the time...and then DC calls you up. :tongue:
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Retro Wolf

I'd hate to see you pay for a dev kit, only for you to have no clue what to do with it.

Adeel

Quote from: Oldschool_Wolf on Sat 24/08/2013 18:47:52
I'd hate to see you pay for a dev kit, only for you to have no clue what to do with it.

Oldschool_Wolf raises a good point, Icey. Instead, why don't you invest this money for AGS game development, i.e, hiring a team, etc?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk