Icey games' thread

Started by Icey, Mon 05/03/2012 02:58:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Retro Wolf

I think it would be more realistic (if you're willing to spend a couple hundred squids), to invest in Construct 2 or Game Maker: Studio.
Make an Android or an iOS game. The software is easy to use.

LimpingFish

Quote from: Oldschool_Wolf on Sat 24/08/2013 19:09:22
I think it would be more realistic...

This is hardly the place for that kind of talk!
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Chicky

So who emailed Icey pretending to be Nintendo?

Retro Wolf

Quote from: Chicky on Sat 24/08/2013 20:59:22
So who emailed Icey pretending to be Nintendo?

(laugh) I must admit a part of me was considering doing this!

Icey

Ok im going to try to share whats going goibg on with you guys. 2 months ago I found a link that would allow me to sign up for the wii u and 3ds. I only wanted the wii u dev kit though so I ticked that off. I didnt think they was gonna get back to me but a month later they emailed me(I will show them later) and told me they will be gett6 back to me eoon. Next they emailed me and ask for a time ane phone number so they can call me back. They next emailed an apology for the wait as they have had a lot request from people. My plan was altered a little but bot too much. I wanted to port mythical gambit to the system. The assets would already be completed but I may need some money if the dev kit did cost cause I heard its free. The dev kit might not cost much if not free cause there is one wii u game on kick starter going for 5000. Now ive contacted this person and am a waiting a response. Either way I have a plan for everything. I can aford the dev kit alone don't get wrong it's just picking what game to make.  Also find people to help code. I dont have to make a rpg but im able to make some thing small then a ill take a try a that. I will go and find me a programmer but at the sam3 time I will teach myself.  Mythical gambit will be my last game literally until next year. Last as in the onr I will be coding and stuff.  I have to worry about school hard this year so im putting a lot of effort, time, and money into this game. It'll all work im sure of it. I csnt make promises to myself but I cant hope. :3

Icey

It wouldnt be the first time. Ryan I think dressed as square enix and did... if it was yiu though my bad but it did happen. I mean who knows,  maybe it might happen one day, maybe this Nintendo thing is the better deal. I dont, but what I do know is my focus is to build my compaby the right way and produce games from here on out that work and are as awesone as I can make them. Be cause as long as I can do that then my stufff will start to be more better than the stuff square makes and then people will come to nintendo for the 2 coolest rpg exclusive series on their platform. Lol ok I don't know if I'll get that far but I gotta admit it's a good dream

Ponch

In light of today's stunning revelation, I'm going to make this thread my homepage and check it every day! I cannot wait to see how this unfolds!

Retro Wolf

I wasn't going to say... but I'm actually good friends with Shigeru Miyamoto.

SM: Yes we are aware of this Icey... we are big fans of Pube Master Quest at the office.

Icey

Hopefully nothing turns out wrong. Ladt time their was a bit of misunderstandings with ags coliseum. Things was split up badly, not just the game but what was said. I honestly want peoplr to understand im not trying to be sneaky or get around stuff. I came here to share everything and I will continue to share more news in the coming days. Im realky hopeing some can talk ben into getting into one of the pod cast. However either way if it doesn't happen like I said wilk still continue to update here.

theres gonna be some more stuff I'll be speaking about soon,  its not a lot but its some good stuff.

and yeah sure, in also good friends with the creator of ff and we converse on out next game we have planned for the wii u next year ;)

Retro Wolf

I would love to hear you interviewed on the podcast!

Ryan Timothy B

Icey, all I've ever said was that even if you suddenly were as big and as successful as Google, I could never take "Icey" seriously. It reeks of an 8 year old's spelling. Googol isn't a common word - hardly anyone knows of it, and it's clear that Google is their own word just like my Bryvis is (which is a combination of me and my brother's names).

If you want a professional business, then Studio3 is the one you want instead of the childish Icey Games.

I need to say something to you Icey, which I'm sure has been said before but I'll attempt it again. I respect that you have dreams to become a professional game company; to be successful doing what you enjoy. But you're a little naive to believe that at this current stage of your game making pastime hobby, that you'll have Nintendo/Square Enix knocking on your door. If they aren't knocking on Dave Gilbert's door (at least I haven't heard of this) or the doors of nearly all of these amazing AGS indie game creators, they certainly won't be knocking on yours.

I'm certainly not saying you can't dream. I even dream about the same thing as you, which is making games. You need to prove to a business that you're worthy. You need to be overly talented and successful to be even a glimmer in their eyes.

Make your own game like: I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MBIES 1N IT!!!1
It's a simple game. Simple graphics. Simple idea. And earned well over a million dollars.

You do this, and I guarantee you that it would be significantly easier for you to find a door into these companies you dream to work for. Or just stay as your own independent company and make the games YOU want to make, pocketing all the money.

Adeel

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Sat 24/08/2013 23:06:50
[...]I need to say something to you Icey, which I'm sure has been said before but I'll attempt it again. [...]

Nearly same as my thoughts :).

Icey, while Ryan's advice may seem a bit discouraging to you but it's the truth. Either learn it in the sweet way or the hard way. Your life. Your choice.

Having a dream is one thing but the way you pursuit is entirely a different thing.

Icey

What the, I haven't read it not more than one line of your reply. I was just messing around bud thats all. You guy cant lie you've. Just about all of you have messed around with head at least once in the past years. Though I was heated then im not anymore.  I just find it funny that I fell for lot stuff brcause I was so gullible,  I cant change the past but what I can do is make now better for the future. ... dont take that im using it in my game :)

Adeel

Quote from: icey games on Sun 25/08/2013 00:54:57
What the, I haven't read it not more than one line of your reply. [...]

When I read this line, I were almost forced to not to read your entire post but I decided to read it anyways.

You're not so welcoming fella, are you? ;)

For the starting lines, my reply is: What? ???

miguel

Will the Nintendo ports have "Junctions"?
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Icey

I wanted to say I wanted to read his post, but I wasn't sure if he still wanted me too. I thought because I said something that he might took out of proportion he said something out of anger, I then seen your post and assumed he was mad. Not only that but my phone died so that's why I couldn't edit my post. Look, I'll read it right after grab a bite right now. ;)

Also and Miguel I think I said no but if ever came to point where I wanna use that confusing ass system...then yes, I would do it just for you :P

So give me a sec, I'm gonna eat and I'll come back in a bit.

qptain Nemo

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Sat 24/08/2013 23:06:50
If they aren't knocking on Dave Gilbert's door (at least I haven't heard of this) or the doors of nearly all of these amazing AGS indie game creators, they certainly won't be knocking on yours.
Dave Gilbert makes and releases adventure games, though, not japanophiliac JRPGs. Nintendo for sure won't ever knock on the door of a traditional PC adventure game developer, that I'm sure of! Their target audience is much closer to Icey's. Which is to be expected because you could say they actually brought up Icey culturally, and he's in love with that culture and a part of their audience, so he already belongs there. So, I'm afraid your comparison doesn't quite make sense in the way you want it to.

Also Dave Gilbert is a publisher anyway. What would other publishers knock on his door for, exactly? Other than to buy him out and eliminate him as competition, or republish the games he has rights to in countries outside of his area of influence, I see no reasons. Neither there is a huge adventure game-centric company like Nintendo anyway.

Ryan Timothy B

(roll) You took that way too literally.

I meant it in terms of quality, not genre. Icey releases nothing but unfinished games riddled with terrible UI mishaps or laziness, below mediocre and often sloppy graphics, with more spelling and grammar mistakes than one could believe possible.

Based on Icey's fantasies, which is to have a developer randomly contact him saying "You're perfect! Work for us!", Dave and other successful AGS game creators stand at a much greater likelihood. But at the same chance of winning a comfortable amount in a lottery.

Icey

dactylopus

Quote from: icey games on Sun 25/08/2013 00:54:57
You guy cant lie you've.
I was thinking the same thing.

Good luck with Mythical Gambit, Icey.  It would honestly be very cool to see you get your game on the Wii U.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk