Icey games' thread

Started by Icey, Mon 05/03/2012 02:58:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Icey

I never said I was lying, I stated the truth and you called me out on it by stating I was making an excuse thus it's like the same as saying I'm lying. I'm bound to make grammaticle errors here and there. Okay so what, I try to fix and then some times I miss them and it'd be pointless to go back for correct them.

Your also not realizing that you said almost the same phone, plus I said I had a special case on mine. One thing you must understand is that even if we both had a plain old iphone with no extras, we are two different people. Who do things totally different. I can speak english and type the damn stuff. I don't get how everyone old and young on other sites can understand me but when I come here...I understand the grammatical errors but do you honestly want me to sit here and:

1. Believe I don't know how to speak/type something I've been speaking my whole life?

2. I'm sorry guys that my posts are incomprehensible. I'm very lazy and I'm not very smart.

Maybe it's for the fact that your still heated your talking like this, I don't understand why your so mad. I made one little joke, one!, and you explode cause I told someone to go ahead because you did it before to me? Why are you so upset?

QuoteI hear you, Icey.

The guys over here at my office have been watching you for sometime now.
If you don't know, I work for Square Enix as a production manager for the Final Fantasy team. We've been impressed with your talent and perseverance as an indiegame maker.

If you're interested, we would like to setup a meeting with you. We have a project in the works that may need someone of your skill and attention. I can't talk about this here since it's a public forum but if you call +1.310.846.0400 and ask for Mark Anderson. He'll arrange the transportation and flight to Los Angeles, address 6060 Center Dr Ste 100, plus expenses for your time.

Thank-you.

Square Enix

Like I said, you tricked me and I'm not mad about it anymore, so why are you?

@adeel: I can't really make a Point'n'Click Adventure Game, not that I can't, I sorta don't want to but the main reason because if I would try to make one it'd be boring. I incorporate the whole Point'n'Click stuff into most of my games but I feel more happy to play a RPG. I came to AGS because at the time I had two option, AGS or Blender. In the end I chose AGS and stuck with it for forever. I've faced trail and error but like I always said. If I take from the previous fails I can make the next project a lot more better.

Khris

People get annoyed with you because you blab all day about becoming a commercial game designer, yet you have absolutely nothing to show for except broken non-games.
Add to that how exhausting it is to read your posts because there's no structure at all in them, and it's perfectly understandable that people lose their calm over the twentieth "your" instead of "you're".

A good first step for somebody who wants to be the leader of a game design team would be to get off your phone and post here when you have access to a normal keyboard, and put some thought and effort into your posts.
You have repeatedly tested the patience of the people who still listen to you to the breaking point, don't you see that?

It took one person to reply in this thread, and suddenly you have an audience again. This is all you seem to care about anyway, at least that's the impression I get.
I was debating whether to write this post (which says the same thing for the fiftieth time), but I'm hoping that people who read this and don't know all the history will stop feeding your trolling. Because that's all what this is, even if inadvertently.

Surplusguy

I came here immediately when I saw Khris had replied. Let's see...

QuoteI can't really make a Point'n'Click Adventure Game, not that I can't,

Except you just said that you can't. Hmm...

QuoteIf I take from the previous fails

QuoteI'm bound to make grammaticle errors here and there.

And spelling errors.

Quotedo you honestly want me to sit here and:

1. Believe I don't know how to speak/type something I've been speaking my whole life?

Yes.

Quote2. I'm sorry guys that my posts are incomprehensible. I'm very lazy and I'm not very smart.

Are you actually saying that or being sarcastic? Seriously, it's hard to tell over the internet.

Looks like this is my favorite thread again!
GHRPLTSM

Armageddon

This is getting too rumpus for the rumpus room.

Icey

I don't care about a audience! I have many other social outlets that give me have the shit I get here Khris, I honestly don't care at all. Why would I like the shit that has been going all of a sudden? huh?, give me a reason cause I definitely don't have one. Why can't I make a post without getting a least one person to jump at me. You get annoyed at something ok get annoyed that's you, I accept advice though don't expect me to shy away from something I think I'm doing good with. There is a way to talk to people, you can't just come at me all upset and think I'm gonna seriously say something like : I'm sorry guys that my posts are incomprehensible. I'm very lazy and I'm not very smart.

Hell no, I go through forum to see you all make typos here and there, you think I'm gonna sit here and say something about that I could all the little mess ups I see? I may mess up more than you guys grammatically sure but you don't have to come and doubt the hell out of me or my future products all the time cause of past fuck ups. I'm getting my games together and stuff, I don't need to post here to prove a point all the time. I rather take my business else were sometimes, however this is my thread and I'll treat it like that. I'm not stop posting just because people stop responding or slowly respond to things I post. I post to share news and thats it, as long as the numbers rise than in a sense that's all that matters but I'll still post anyways even if the numbers stop moving just saying.

Ryan Timothy B

But you don't make typos. Instead you spew out tons of diarrhea in the form of words and hope we understand you. We get upset because 90% of your messages need a translator to understand - and even the translator scratches their head in confusion.

Quit saying I'm mad about the old joke I played on you. I'm certainly not mad about it.

As Khris said, we get upset because everyday is something new. "Working for Nintendo" "Making Xbox games" "I have an authentic ESRB rating"
Quit spewing out everything you fantasize about and stick with telling us stuff you've actually achieved, not what you dream to achieve.

Khris

Quote from: icey games on Mon 26/08/2013 06:17:34I don't care about a audience! [...]
you don't have to come and doubt the hell out of me or my future products all the time cause of past fuck ups. I'm getting my games together and stuff, I don't need to post here to prove a point all the time.
I know that this is what you seriously believe, I'm just telling you that you're not acting that way.
If you want to show us that it really is like that, why not PROVE it? Stop posting every little story idea and drawing, and MAKE A GAME.
Make use of the fact that somebody is willing to code your battle engine for you, build a halfway decent story around it, and publish it after a real beta test.
This is the only way we will stop jumping at you, don't you get this? You have completely destroyed your rep, and you'll have to work hard to get it back; you simply don't get to complain that we're doubting the hell out of you, because you have given us ample reason for years now.

Snarky

Mod note

If you want to offer Icey advice or help him correct his spelling, more power to you. But if the way he writes or the way he keeps ignoring advice (or his excuses, or whatever) makes you angry, stop reading this thread! Attacks, abuse or mockery attempting to get a rise out of Icey will not be tolerated.

qptain Nemo

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Sun 25/08/2013 22:15:37
It's pathetic and it annoys me.
Quote from: Khris on Mon 26/08/2013 01:36:08
Add to that how exhausting it is to read your posts because there's no structure at all in them, and it's perfectly understandable that people lose their calm over the twentieth "your" instead of "you're".
Actually, no, it's not understandable at all why you keep deliberately knowingly reading something that annoys you and then complain about it. I love to read things that annoy me now and then, but then I don't bitch about what I consciously did to myself for whatever reason. You want to bitch about what you think is wrong with what Icey has done again? Fine. Turns out to be largely bullish,  pointless and boring, but fine, freedom of speech, nothing wrong with voicing criticisms, fine. But actually complaining about the mere idea that you somehow just have to involve yourself in this despite all the suffering it gives you? Aw, you little poor thing. Give me a fucking break.

You have repeatedly tested the patience of the people who still listen to you to the breaking point, don't you see that?
Wow. Fuck me. You... really went there? You may've as well written "HELLO I'M YOUR BULLY". I sure hope Icey ignores this atrocious deluded bullshit.

I was debating whether to write this post (which says the same thing for the fiftieth time), but I'm hoping that people who read this and don't know all the history will stop feeding your trolling. Because that's all what this is, even if inadvertently.
No? Obviously, it most certainly isn't trolling. Trolling involves deliberate intent to mislead, trick or tease. Proper trolling involves cleverness, subtlety and playfulness. There's just no way in hell you can meaningfully label (arguably delusional) naivety as trolling. And no, saying "inadvertently" doesn't make it any less absurd. You can't accidentally troll someone, because the whole point of trolling is the perpetrator's enjoyment. It's like saying "you've accidentally planned and executed a successful armed robbery of a bank".

Also it's extremely cute that not only you pose yourself as Icey's saviour, you're also everybody else's saviour and protector from Icey's "trolling". Thank you. I can sleep soundly only thanks to you.

Quote from: icey games on Mon 26/08/2013 06:17:34I'm getting my games together and stuff, I don't need to post here to prove a point all the time.
That is very correct.

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Mon 26/08/2013 06:33:38
Quit spewing out everything you fantasize about and stick with telling us stuff you've actually achieved, not what you dream to achieve.
Quote from: Khris on Mon 26/08/2013 07:42:39
If you want to show us that it really is like that, why not PROVE it? Stop posting every little story idea and drawing, and MAKE A GAME.
I know actually prototyping your ideas and making them reality at every opportunity is a good advice. I'd give it myself. But I don't think this is the right way to put it. There's no reason it has to conflict with sharing ideas and drafts. People start game discussion threads about design theory and preferences all the time, but if Icey shares his dreams in a single thread it's like a crime? What about Ben's Release Something thread? Should we shut down it too, while relentlessly mocking everyone who's participated? This is an absolutely disproportional reaction to somebody simply posting their ideas and drawings.

Khris

He pulled it off again. Simply amazing. Another white knight. I'm out of here.

dactylopus

I can understand why some get frustrated with reading Icey's posts.  The typos and grammar can be difficult to decipher, and he makes many extraordinary claims.  I find them entertaining.  A little playful jabbing, like my earlier post, is not intended to inflict any harm.  Unfortunately, some here get annoyed by his posts and express this quite harshly.  Maybe they're sick of dealing with Icey, I don't know, I'm (relatively) new here.  But in my opinion, if you want to see trolling, these are the trolls.

Some people on this forum seem to be somewhat negative and condescending.  Maybe it's cynicism.  Maybe they just don't like something about the posts they respond to.  I'm not sure, but it sometimes comes across as rude.  It's not just in this thread, these same people have the same attitude across the whole forum.  At times, sure, they can be helpful, and they make insightful posts.  I can tell they're not bad people on the whole, but for some reason they are often compelled towards negativity.

I'm not trying to be a white knight, but this seemed as good a place as any to comment on this trend.

Icey, you seem to have a lot of ideas, I encourage you to take the real advice here and turn them into games.  I'm sure you're already working on that.  I like your art style, even if it is extremely reminiscent of Square's art style.  The company is quite obviously your biggest influence.  You do have artistic talent, though, and I'd like to see you make a real, fully functional game.  It would go a long way to proving these haters wrong.

Slasher

I think this Thread has run its course... it's time to lock it...

WHAM

I would love to know who is putting Icey on, answering his e-mails, posing as an actual Square Enix employee. This is reality TV worthy material right here! (laugh)
Then again, with the rate that SquareEnix is decaying and losing audience, profits and skilled employees, maybe they ARE so desperate as to hire random nutjobs off the internet.

"So, you say you have released thirty-four games so far Mr Isiah?"
"Yes, that is correct."
"And three of these have been highly successfull MMORPG's with code-based microtransactions, unlockables and hats?"
"U-huh."
"And you are a skilled artists, animator, video editor, programmer and also the son of Zeus, the ancient greek god?"
"Yup!"
"And you current fanbase consists of a loving community called 'the AGS forums'?"
"I also have a 162 likes on facebook! I post a lot of pre-made SquareEnix content on my page to promote you guys, so I am partially responsible for your success already!"
"Well then, welcome aboard, we'll have your creative team of monkeys assembled by monday and the release date for 'Final Icey Fantasy Studio 3 quest - the mystery of the oceanspirit' is by december 2013."
"YEAH! See this, Khris? Who's the big man now!? "
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Adeel

dactylopus raises a good point and he needs to be answered. Sometimes I wonder this too: why some people here show much attitude? Why don't they show kindness? I mean, I too have to face 'bad days', when I'm much irritated but taking that frustration out on someone whether intentionally or

Icey, this is my final detailed piece of advice for you (if you want to make successful RPGs). I know that you're 18, i.e, young and you've enough life ahead of you to become successful commercially. But before that, invest some years in the following practices. Here it goes:

- First of all, forgot or postpone all the RPG ideas related but not limited to MG. Postponing these ideas will give you some free time.

- With this free time, familiarize yourself with the programming logic.

- Enroll yourself in Programming Languages Courses (these courses will help you to understand AGS scripting much better). AGS Script is closer to JavaScript or C++ language.

- Don't think about sequels long before the release of the original games. Also, it's a best practice to not make too many sequels unless the public demands it.

- Take some Grammar Classes and anger management classes too.

- Play your favourite RPGs. If you've played them already, play again and analyze them critically. Ponder over their system and wonder how YOU can do it? Try to think of the code you'll apply for the specific function they've made. Try to find flaws in their game and make sure not to repeat them in yours.

- Even if you don't like it. Play around with different genres and don't limit your ability to RPGs only. Create some Point'n'Click Adventure Games too. Who knows, maybe you'll even get more recognized as P'n'C AG Developer rather than RPG Dev!

- Don't get furious over the harsh criticisms and note all the faults people are telling you. Try to remove those faults in your updated version of the said game.

- Always be grateful to each and every comment, players give you because they took some time from their busy lives to care for you and you ought to care for them.

- I'll say again: Dreaming something is one thing while following the path to achieve that dream is entirely a different thing. The latter has more importance because it decides whether you'll achieve your goal or not.

- You've artistic talent. That, I'm 100% sure of. It would be probably best if you further refine your talent by drawing something different than FF. Why not, say, Anime?

I can give you some more advice but I believe that I've given you enough. It's an honest advice. I don't have any grudge against you (maybe because I joined few moons ago).

@Slasher: I believe that this thread shouldn't be locked. After all, it's in The Rumpus Room and I don't see it breaking any 'Rumpus' rules. ;)

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: qptain Nemo on Mon 26/08/2013 07:51:32
People start game discussion threads about design theory and preferences all the time, but if Icey shares his dreams in a single thread it's like a crime? What about Ben's Release Something thread? Should we shut down it too, while relentlessly mocking everyone who's participated?
Your argument collapses on itself. The release something thread, or threads talking of game design aren't making constant preposterous claims. Someone posting something in the release something thread is showing something they've completed, or teasing us with something they plan on making. They don't post a picture of their game and say "Nintendo has contacted me, I'm going to be a developer for them now". They haven't "contacted" him, it's an automated email response to an online developer form he likely filled out.

This is an absolutely disproportional reaction to somebody simply posting their ideas and drawings.
We haven't once gotten upset about him showing his artwork or what he wants to make in future games. If you look back to here, you'll see everyone started facepalming at this moment as he kept naively answering every question people asked him once he claimed he was going to work for Nintendo. For example, he's proven that he can't even grasp a simple array, yet he makes claims that he will learn how to script for the Wii U - because it uses "common" languages.

Actually, no, it's not understandable at all why you keep deliberately knowingly reading something that annoys you and then complain about it.
I don't even want to quote what you wrote at the end of this paragraph. Melodramatic much? Anyway, Icey himself doesn't annoy me all that much. The only time I lose my shit is when I offer up advice or my opinion and receive countless excuse after excuse. Or he doesn't even read it and responds with "I only read the first line". I don't care if you don't read it, but if you respond with "I started reading it but got bored because there weren't any popup pictures" it is likely to piss off almost anyone. Next time Icey, if you don't read someone's response, just don't respond to it. Not to mention he responds to someone's input and completely overlooks every credible point. I honestly haven't seen him follow a single person's advice since he came on this forum (though, he did learn to greatly improve the writing in his posts, but they're still often garble).

Edit: Going to quote myself:
QuoteWe haven't once gotten upset about him showing his artwork or what he wants to make in future games.
That's actually a lie. I suppose his claims of making DLC in AGS (where it's actually not DLC but in all actuality just unlockable content). Or when he wants to make large multiplayer games. We all know his current limitations, but he for some reason doesn't.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Adeel S. Ahmed on Mon 26/08/2013 12:49:08
- With this free time, familiarize yourself with the programming logic.

- Enroll yourself in Programming Languages Courses (these courses will help you to understand AGS scripting much better). AGS Script is closer to JavaScript or C++ language.

I have certain doubts about this advice; I think, and I have expressed this in this thread a while ago, that Icey is way too much concerned about programming himself. He clearly can draw, and he has ideas on game design, so why not focus on those two aspects, and find people who would collaborate with coding, and whatever else needed? Learning to write programs well takes a lot of time, and so does writing a good program; doing everything yourself, especially when you have little practical experience finishing projects, may be tiresome and exhausting. This may be interesting at first, alright, but after you get better understanding of what the project should look like and the amount of work it actually requires, you are willing to p(r)ay (heh) for someone to take a part of burden from you.
I am saying this, because it seems (and judging on my own life experience :)) young people often cannot foresee the real complexity of their enterprises, and what decisions and planning should be done beforehand. It all comes after tonns of mistakes, and then you hit your forehead with a hand and ask yourself, why haven't you found other people to collaborate with and share part of work with (especially the parts you are not very much proficient in).

But thing is, I do not believe Icey will take such advice right away, and not many people would, because it is cool and interesting to make everything yourself ...at first.  (roll)

qptain Nemo

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Mon 26/08/2013 13:39:26
Someone posting something in the release something thread is showing something they've completed, or teasing us with something they plan on making.
But that's your perception. And it's great. But Release Something thread itself doesn't provide any promises or guarantees. It's just stuff posted publicly. I don't see how any silly claims Icey may add to that really change anything. It's extremely obvious how credible they are. I mean it's frustrating the first 70 times, if you're an avid JRPG fan. But now? Really? It matters? I'm all for crystal clear honesty and competence, but who's he hurting?

We haven't once gotten upset about him showing his artwork or what he wants to make in future games.
So you're just infinitely overreacting to the level of credibility of his claims, and his naivety and/or incompetence etc etc like it's the first time again? Oh, that's alright then.

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Mon 26/08/2013 13:39:26Melodramatic much?
I felt it was a fitting response to the unreasonable and rather angry statements made in this thread.

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Mon 26/08/2013 13:39:26The only time I lose my shit is when I offer up advice or my opinion and receive countless excuse after excuse.
It's understandably frustrating, but giving advice doesn't oblige people to comply to any degree, and I'm really confused by the idea of expecting Icey in particular being a rewarding person to give advice to. You see, everything you say doesn't really explain why or how do the things that should be obvious by now still bother you like you didn't expect them, despite being very familiar with the subject. Neither it explains why do you keep disappointing yourself in the same thing over and over again.
I mean come on, to quote yourself in that very same message
I honestly haven't seen him follow a single person's advice since he came on this forum
!

dactylopus

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Mon 26/08/2013 13:41:02
Icey is way too much concerned about programming himself. He clearly can draw, and he has ideas on game design, so why not focus on those two aspects, and find people who would collaborate with coding, and whatever else needed?
I thought the same thing, actually.  If I were more familiar and proficient with the AGS code, I would offer to help, but I can see he wants some quite complex coding.  It's great that Snarky is helping him with a combat engine, and I hope that will work out well.

Snarky

Just as an update on the battle engine, I haven't worked on it recently (vacation/Mittens/good weather for being outside has claimed the last few weekends), but very much intend to finish it soonish.

Peder 🚀

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Mon 26/08/2013 13:41:02
He clearly can draw, and he has ideas on game design, so why not focus on those two aspects, and find people who would collaborate with coding, and whatever else needed?

I've tried to tell him this several times, I wish he would listen to our advice because I'm sure with the right team he and the rest of the team could potentially create some really good games.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk