Icey games' thread

Started by Icey, Mon 05/03/2012 02:58:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Icey

This is my last word on the matter, honestly it is, my next post will be an update.

@Ryan & in general: Look I honestly I can't say it enough, I'm not perfect and I can see that, and you know what none of us here our. Even as the years go on and you still may no be able to see it, I have been taking advice though I can admit I haven't/can't take it all especially in one gulp. My life is busy, very busy. I don't have much free time which is my fault but I do it for the better good of my games. Most of my free time I spend it into playing other video games to do what adeel said. I spend a lot of money on other games that I want and examine the hell out of them as I go threw them. I then take not of what I like and write it down. Next I figure how can I creatively make something similar within my limitations and with in AGS's limitations. Sometimes I get ahead of myself and other times I can do just what I want. It took me 3 months to make a battle system which I'm sure won't be a complete as Snarky's but it works and I didn't need help. I've coded it in a way that I can make it and it works just find. I didn't need all the fancy stuff to make it easier and most likely simpler. I can admit it would have been nice but I didn't know that stuff so once again I took from all my other failed projects and actually made something sturdy and that's all that matters. Call it what you won't but just cause I won't show you my code or a full 10 min video of the battle system that doesn't mean I'm just making up excuses or dreaming. Like has anyone here played the recent battle demo I put out? I know it's hard to see and there's not much in it but I can promise on my life(yeah I went there) that I've put a number of effort and advice into that engine.

Also whether they contacted or "contacted" me it's still technically the same thing is it not? Whether it's by the push of a button or just the system itself I've still got something from them. I'm not with yet but I still possibly on the verge to. That's no dream, that's just a fact.

As for my DLC stuff, I've figured it out and I know the only way it can be made is from unlockables. I'm not gonna keep talking about DLC but like I said the way it works now is the best way I've ever tried to do it. I'll explain it like this. DLC extras in Mythical Gambit can be shared amongst other MG2. Not only that the main point of the DLC is just little in game extras that's all. My point is this; if you can take the time out of your questing time to complete the game to scavenge for DLC then theres no need to get upset if you can't find it, just go to the DLC page and download it to the game folder and there you go. You got it! It's free it's unique and name one other AGS game that has that? Tell me? You can't can you? I like doing different stuff Ryan, It may be hard for me but at some point as long as I keep trying I'll accomplish what I need to. ;)

Oh Wham, my my, welcome be back lad I though you, well you know, got hit with a plasma bomb by one of those elites and got blown to bits cause it comprised your master chief wanna be armour. Tell me mate how is possible that you can still have the audacity to present yourself let alone in such manner, in my thread? The greek gods themselves including my father Zeus can not even process a single theory as to why you've come back, however needless to say, your rash as ever. Probably came here looking for a good chuckle. Well I hope you enjoy stay you sad piece of-uhummm?
In a more realistic manner, theres is quite much I have to say to foolish words but I'm gonna just let you be for now. Why don't you go respond somewhere else on the map, your ignorance is not needed here.
[Oh come on, wham don't look so mad, if your gonna have a bit of rash fun than don't expect the same upon yourself ;) ]

Now in the conclusion of my words I'll finish this quick, I'm no troll, I take advice I mean it's hard to take it all at the same tine but I'm try to take as much as possible. Like I said I can't make everyone happy but I try do what I can to satisfy. I may half if not all the time but I it isn't obvious I'm not gonna give up? One day I'll make something that will continuously satisfy the majority of everyone here but until then currently that and SE are the only two things that remain a dream. Everything is purely reality.

@peder: I would like to build a team and even if it's not make a RPG it can be just a simple Point & click game like adeel suggested. But usually most  people here are busy or just don't want to help me...which is fine and all but I mean I can't force people :D
There is one project I'm doing with two people here, I can't say any names but currently the project is at a standstill until further notice from the team leader. ;)

Honestly that was it, The next update will be wednesday, that's you'll hear of me until then.

LimpingFish

EDIT: There was more to this post, but Snarky has a point.

Roll on, Wednesday!
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Surplusguy

@Slasher The thread doesn't need to be locked, I say nobody should post here unless it's Icey updating or someone asking Icey about his work. That's what this thread was started for, it's what this thread should be. It got off track, but let's let it be the thread it was supposed to be for now. Okay?

(Yes, I know I was part of the problem. Sorry).
GHRPLTSM

Slasher

Hi,

It's just that 'IF YOU WERE PAYING' (instead of CJ) for the hosting of this forum you may see things in a different light.

Anyhow, so be it.

MiteWiseacreLives!

I didn't realise you were paying, Slasher?? Besides, we all know that Icey is really just an alias for CJ ... there is a reason we haven't heard from Pumaman in a while ;) Anyhow, I would be very disappointed if this thread went away (or if Icey changed his ways). I'm addicted to Icey news, kinda like how I sometimes slow down at the scene of a car crash...

Icey

UPDATE Sept 3/13 

Ok I'm back, (I thought you were gonna post last week?) I honestly didn't feel like updating cause of all the prior back and forth and well I've been busy.

Ok, so recently I've ordered a Wacom tablet as I thought it'd be more proficient than my mouse, unfortunately I ordered the one without the screen on it but it's fine it still works.
I've been fiddling around with it to improve my skills with it as I plan to put it to use for Mythical Gambit storyboard-like cutscenes.

Speaking of Mythical Gambit, I've adding and removing a few things here and there from the story due to time constraints now with me back in school, however I still want to make a solid finished game so the changes on the game will not be heavy. Below is a few a uncolored NPC portraits that will be used in the game.

As for Nintendo, they still have yet to get back to me. If they do they do and if they don't well I'm not gonna let it eat me away as I have my own plans so I'm not effected in anyway. I can try calling in to see whats going on but like I said I got my own stuff to focus on atm.

Update
I just found the nintendo application site somehow, I don't know when but heres the link: https://wiiu-developers.nintendo.com/sign_up.php

Anian

Quote from: icey games on Wed 04/09/2013 00:52:07Ok, so recently I've ordered a Wacom tablet as I thought it'd be more proficient than my mouse, unfortunately I ordered the one without the screen on it but it's fine it still works.
This is so freaking funny in so many ways. :grin:
I don't want the world, I just want your half

dactylopus

Icey, the art looks great.  Good job on the characters.

Icey

Quote from: Anian on Fri 06/09/2013 18:26:34
Quote from: icey games on Wed 04/09/2013 00:52:07Ok, so recently I've ordered a Wacom tablet as I thought it'd be more proficient than my mouse, unfortunately I ordered the one without the screen on it but it's fine it still works.

Hmmm I not really seeing it sadly :\

Quote from: dactylopus on Fri 06/09/2013 18:39:29
Icey, the art looks great.  Good job on the characters.

UPDATE Sept 8/13 

So I've made a list of things I need to go through from now to november to have the game ready for the backsale in December.

enemy stats
shop setups
npc setups
npc coloring
[16] location maps
[16] battle backgrounds
a few sprites
main menu design

last dungeon set up
final boss
ending stuff

Seems a bit long but I think it'll all go by really quick, it sucks now that I'm school cause that'll be taking most of my time but all that means is I just gotta come up with a schedule that'll allow me to do both. It sucks that they're a lot of games coming out soon and I won't really be able to play them :\ . I plan to still purchase the games but tho but just let them collect a bit of dust :3

I've also finished drawing up the NPC/story characters portraits and some more location maps.

qptain Nemo

Very nice drawings, Icey. Lovely map bits too, would like to see them all incorporated into one map.

Icey

Thanks, I don't think I uploaded this here before so here it is.

This is the first map I made, had about 49 visitable locations but due to time I had to cut a section of the map off.

I've fit the most important parts of the story in tnto the this version of the map. If have time left I'll be able to work the other half back into the game but I doubt it. So what I plan to do is release the game next year with the other half included and a whole bunch of extras that'll make the game better. It'll also help sell the game off and get everything ready for the sequel :3

Babar

It looks very empty without the other islands. Maybe you can have the map torn, so you can only explore the lower islands, then in a later game (or in DLC!) you get the second half of the map, and you can explore more!
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Eric

Quote from: Anian on Fri 06/09/2013 18:26:34

Just a difference of $1000 or so....

That's actually a pretty good job on the maps!

qptain Nemo

I don't think you should remove the other parts of the map just because they are not visitable. Even though they aren't, seeing other parts of the world adds to the immersion and to the sense of a bigger world. It also adds a bit of mystery.

Icey

@eric: Thanks, I plan to invest into a wacom monitor if I'm gonna get anything else.

@Nemo: That's not a bad idea, when traveling from continent to continent you will use the Air ship so if looking below gives off the sorta cool mysterious feeling then I'm all for it. Here is a picture of the world map once you get to after after the introduction quest.
As you can see, all the blueish grey stuff is the evil mist that's taking over the land of South Senpah.

qptain Nemo

That looks pretty swell! You could even exploit this combination of ideas and obscure the unvisitable places with fog much more than those that are possible to visit.

Icey

True True, the 2 lightest spots at the top are supposed to be the 2 starter locations that you go after clearing mist from the bottom. Like once you clear the mist from the lower left half you'll be brought to the lower right area starting from that one light spot.

Or...is it possible to set movement boundaries in AGS. In the game you each location spot on the world map is a hotspot however if there is mist still over it then it will be disabled. I don't have to do it like this and I could just darken the area but whadda you think is better? 

MiteWiseacreLives!

You can restrict mouse movements to a box, or declare certain hotspots clickable false (check some global variables when the map room loads...). I'm sure you already know this though. I think it would be best to have some heavy mist so you can make out the land masses, but give some kind of "wrong-buzzer" noise when you try to click some area not opened yet.

Icey

So the dark cloud area seems to be the best choice, maybe I'll throw in some thunder effects up there to make it more interesting :3

And I won't be able to use a buzzer sound if the area is disabled so it just has to be soundless lol, but that was a good suggestion.

Icey

Nintendo called me back..

I got in, I want to paste more but I'm not trying to compromise myself in anyway -.-

"Congratulations!  We are pleased to inform you that we are approving Isiah sweeting as a Wii U Developer."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk