Icey games' thread

Started by Icey, Mon 05/03/2012 02:58:23

Previous topic - Next topic

qptain Nemo

Congratulations. ;-D This is amazing for many reasons. Good luck.

(Edited by moderator to remove flame-bait)

miguel

I only suspect people being truly happy for Isaiah, not once I felt jealousy towards him. Instead, many of us tried to lead him on the right path, the way we do it takes many shapes, but all in all it drove Icey where he is now: at the very beginning.

So, good luck Isaiah, your perseverance is an asset, and before I finish I think you owe this community one last thing: A finished game, tested and running, made with AGS.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Icey

Woah woah ok, first up thanks you guys, I really mean that and also im not gone. I still gotta finish mythical gambit 1 and 2 in ags. I m3an they have there on forum but its not as lively as this one.  And no its it's even for the fact that there is no icey games thread there :3. There is about 144 people on there which is why it took so long for them to get back to me.

Snarky

(Derailing comments deleted.)

Icey

UPDATE Sept 12/13 

Took about 3 days but I finally finished coloring the NPC portraits, I just hat that coloring takes up so much damn time and energy but alas all that's left for drawing and coloring is the last batch of battle back grounds/location maps -.-

And then the rest is just coding/text so that should go smoothly.

My only regret is because of time I couldn't make them as if not more, detailed like these ones :\

dactylopus

Those look fantastic, Icey!  Good work on the coloring!

Also, congratulations on the email from Nintendo.  Good luck with the games!

Icey

Thanks man, I feel a bit more comfortable about them now :3

and thanks again, at some point in time I'll be talking about the development status of both my AGS and Wii U games ;)

qptain Nemo

Those graphics are nice!

Icey

cat

Nice pictures, icey! I especially like that you choose different poses for different characters. One thing: google for "foreshortening". This would improve those pics where the girls point their hands towards the viewer.

Icey

Thank you cat, you don't know how long ive been looking for a tutorial on how to do that. Any thing that faces the viewer always comes out ugly to me when u draw but I had to settle on what u had for times sake.

Ben X

Quote from: Snarky on Wed 11/09/2013 12:37:09
(Derailing comments deleted.)

You know, Snarky, you're making this thread a lot less entertaining for lurkers...

qptain Nemo

Quote from: bbX1138 on Sat 14/09/2013 12:40:26
You know, Snarky, you're making this thread a lot less entertaining for lurkers...
Just use the notify button and receive all replies in the thread as they are posted.

Andail

So Icey, I'm a bit curious. How did you get to develop Pub Master Quest for Wii U? This is a pretty big thing, so I'm sure your fans here would love to hear some details.
Did you have to show them Pub Master Quest and convince them it was worth developing for Wii U? Maybe you could share some tricks of the trade for other aspiring nintendo developers?

Icey

I haven't made it the Wii U yet but I will be making one just for the Wii U(which will be my first Wii U title) I have a few things I need to do to prepare for the games development phase but so far I've only figured out a handful of things revolving around the game.

The img above is an example of what was supposed to be the main page in this thread, but I can't figure out how to set it up like that so one day I'll fix it up.

Ohh and also the Dev kit is only $1000 something for a total of 3 not $5000, but there is one that is $3000 something but that's the one that lets me use my Unity 3D Wii U version to test games.

All and all, as I go along with getting more stuff together I'll then start to talk more but until then I'll continue talking mostly about Mythical Gambit and what ever other goodies cme out of that series. ;)

Chicky

Your character portraits are lovely Icey. I wish i was as productive as you!

Icey

Icey

Here is the first key art which is just a pic of the main hero Dave for the upcoming Pmq game on the Wii U. Made this on the Wii U this time around instead of Photoshop.

Icey

UPDATE Sept 25/13 

It took me a few years but after sitting down at lunch in school I was finally able to create a permanent connection diagram that makes perfect sense(to me but is understandable when played) and I plan to follow through with it too the end.

Each character plays a important role but the only way to keep track of "who is who" and develop a steady and nice character development plan for each character is with the help of this IMG.

I've been doing a lot of work lately when I can cause I really wanna focus on school and not get distracted much by games and then "crack like" GTA 5 :3

A lot of things have been going smooth so far, been fixing up a few bugs here and there and trying my best to finish the first section of the map so I can move on to the second half.

A little editing in PS, I think I could make more of these in use them in Mythical Gambit some way :\

Atelier

Hey icey you have some drawing skill you know. The 'rook' is incredible. Have you ever had any formal/professional lessons or are you just self-0taught?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk