Icey games' thread

Started by Icey, Mon 05/03/2012 02:58:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Icey

I'm still here guys, just been busy. Really busy with college stuff so managing all my development outlets becomes sorta hard. I just started using twitter.
Which can be found here: PMQ twitter

Also limping fish I'm glad you brought that up. For now, forgot about all the PMQ or OSD stuff you've played of mine as that all takes place in the later years to come.
Right now we've been working on the PMQ games set in the medieval times for a good while now.

I don't want to talk about to much out here in the open, but you can check this out. This is (Not-complete) world history wiki page on the PMQ wiki.
This talks about the creation of the world, some major events and also talks about dimensions which is how other characters such as OSD are present this the "Iceyverse".
Check it out here!

I will continue editing this page as time goes on but for now I think this is enough information to show.

And yes MiteWiseacreLives! Monkey is working with us in the arctic corners of the forums XD
But in all serious yep he and even Dualnames(Who I think is busy at the moment) are on my team. We still doing a lot of things and though I don't want to make everything public I will show off the most recent updates.

Character artwork.
Dave
Dave is the hero of the series.
Christen
Twin brother of Dave.
Dawn
Dawn, this fearless paladin is ready for anything!
Father
The Prophet, Once a powerful warrior in his youth, now the leader of the Divine Order.

In-game related stuff
For some cutscenes I'm gonna take the easy but still lively route of showing full screen body shots during conversations.
And there are also two types of text box styles: Blue Fantasy & Black Dragon

And that pretty much covers everything as of recent, the plan is simple. Finish this PMQ game in AGS, build revenue from it and port to Wii U along side Phantom Overdrive as a HD remake as both version will share about 90% materials but still be two similar yet different games at the end of the day.

So for now there is not much going on Nintendo related until later next year.

MiteWiseacreLives!

Quote from: Ben X on Wed 03/12/2014 17:13:57
STOP

Read the forum rules and don't dig up any more old...

Oh, sorry, wrong board.

Woah, woah, woah!! We don't need any of your rules down here in the Icey Thread! This is an anarchist state, free and wild 8-)

Good to hear you and your team are making some headway, Icey :)
p.s. about Dave and Christen, they have the same clothes... and we all know that Nintendo likes it's Brother-Teams to have different coloured shirts.

Icey

Hahaha

We're making some decent progress but after Mythical Gambit(Which is still in the works), I've figured out the perfect development scheduling so if my plans work out right we'll see it next year summer. But if I'm thinking in the realest of terms, december next year sounds more accurate and better for the sake of it being winter(icey)

And yeah it's uniform thing, Nintendo is just gonna have to deal with it XD

Cause there are 11 more!!!!1!111!!

Icey

2015 is finally here, it's time to kick of the start of the 10 anniversary right! it's been a long time and a lot happened in 2014 but this year come december will be big.
Many great games are coming out this year so it's only right that I jump on the wagon while I can hahah.

To start this off I would like to share this picture with everyone, a big nice PMQ picture in HD!!!

There is also some updates I'm late on so I'll fill those in here too.

There was this game that I was trying to make but wasn't sure if I could learn the tools to pull through with it as what I was learning how to use I found out it wasn't strong enough so I just halted development completely. However I do plan to revisit it if I can get the help as I do have assets for it already complete. After speaking with a fellow dev gave me the idea to make a crossover picture of his character and mine. We spoke of a possible crossover to have his character featured in my game and Dave for his game as Leoth(the Blue haired guy) did not have a game at this moment in time due to prior stated reasons. But you never know, I think something could work out this year and he'll get something. Check that picture out below. (There is a filter on it cause I think it makes it pop, if you want to see the filterless version then just ask and I can post it.)

Check out his stuff here: Lanze Games

Back to PMQ news...

Here is a picture of Maria, the witch who works a Card Shop. As far as her job title goes,
what she does should be easy enough to tell what she will do for the player.

Next up is some artwork for 4 songs in the game that I thought would help my composer get an idea of what type of song he'll need to create.
Check them out below. There is not many because there are not many songs left, or what is left doesn't require a quick picture to pass along my ideas.

Artwork for - Bat Lady's Mansion
A earlier dungeon in game, abandoned for ages but the witch Maria says her sister Galthaya and her husband died in that old house together. Maria says that her sister used to perform many experiments on visitors with her twisted magic, but when the visitors stopped coming she killed herself along with her lover with a powerful spell that bewitched the place in shadows where Lost Ones thrive.
Some Side notes about this level, There is an miniature graveyard in the basement of the mansion where you can find dead and deformed bodies buried in the graves. At some point in the level the partner character gets separated and you have to search for him. You'll discover him in one of the graves buried alive but fine.

There's also the case for the shadow that follows you around, going into the room of mirrors reveals it too be a deformed, eerily twitching body of the witches husband. It appeared when dave and his teammate was separated was feeding of his spiritual energy every sense.

This cursed either becomes a boss or the mini boss, the later would make the witch the boss but would be stupid cause depending on how I have the level set up the battles would almost be back to back and that's stupid...unless, I got it. He's a mini boss, once killed she'll be pissed and make you come to room upstairs where the balcony is for the boss battle with her.

Artwork for - The other Fragment
A Fragmented entity is a being created from for the son of the goddess, Lumen. However, they're nothing more than piece of a whole. Just as their title means.
These entities try to fight back the darkness so that they can become the saving grace of the light locked away within the conscience of the Director, Grim.

Artwork for - Complex of the Sacred
The level features a castle that reaches through the skies and has various structures elongating outward from the core of the castle above the clouds.
The snow you see falling is actually discarded fragments of memories being tossed away The Directors mind.
The complex defies gravity itself and the whole place is wacky. Basically depending on what door you go through you can enter a location where you're walking on walls or upside down, as well as just rightside up
I'm aiming for this level to be this games Zelda OOT water temple, referring to it's irritating complexity for no damn reason.

Artwork for - Core of Answers
The central core of Complex of the Sacred is a library of memories. Spirits created from discarded powerful memories tend to cling on to existence and linger about through the halls of this mystical chamber of knowledge.
However, though they themselves pose no threat, there is still the case of the Overseer watching over the place from intruders.

That's all for now, everything is moving at a good speed and things are getting done, I want to get as much of the game done as I possible can to start putting together battle system starting Aug, again, after my past experience with making a battle system I know how to time consuming and draining it can be, but since I have a new strategy it shouldn't take me no more than 2 and 1/2 months to carefully put together the system, then to use the remaining time to run a bug test for the system since I will have already done that for the rest of the game before I started on the system. I want my only focus to be on the creation/finalization of the battle system towards the end of the year.

Adeel

Wow. I'm quite impressed with you, Icey. You stuck to your idea and goals for 10 whole years. So many obstacles and hardships came in your way, yet you remain steadfast at all the times.

You're truly an inspiration to me, Icey. Keep it up! :)

Icey

I think it's crazy I dedicated a good chunk of my life to this stuff but if I hadn't then I would be here right now with this much progress, hardwork pays off but it's time for me to finish something and prove all that and all this time wasn't for nothing.

And I'm glad to be a source of inspiration cause it makes me happy knowing I can help keep going with their own goals, I'm gonna try to keep doing my best to make sure that never fails.

Chicky

Some lovely new artwork Icey :)

Icey

cat

Hey, Icey, that Maria from the Card Shop art is amazing, especially the hair. I wish you would also make a male character with realistic hair instead of just pointy spikes - I know you can do better ;)

Icey

Thanks cat, I actually played around with that idea of not so crazy spiky hair in some of my other characters seen in the bottom of reply #722 up top. But I'll admit I can try a more simple style with males characters. Haha

Icey

An update, a look at some development stuff (Don't mind the typos as that's last thing I am focused on as a lot of text is just placeholders in the game at moment)

NickyNyce

Appeared...not appeard.

Looking good icey. Now finish something so I can see these characters in action!

That's my motivational speech. ;)

Icey

Oh nice catch, I thought the double An was the only one.

But thanks, I'll have more to see soon :)

NickyNyce

Sorry icey, I missed what you wrote about the typos.

Again, looks very nice.

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: NickyNyce on Tue 03/02/2015 18:29:10
Sorry icey, I missed what you wrote about the typos.
Quote from: icey games on Tue 03/02/2015 16:44:57
Oh nice catch, I thought the double An was the only one.
He was referring to the:   "An unknown an enemy has appeard!"

Icey

So I would have had more to show on the development process if I didn't lose my drawing tablet recently. However since I was able to find it yesterday I've been working on something small to get my skills up for working on PMQ.
Don't want to talk about it much as of yet but I'll leave this here for now.

Monsieur OUXX

Wait wait wait. What?
I come here and I discover that now, Icey can draw like a pro, he can make sentences that actually mean something, and he doesn't misspell anymore?
Amazing. *impressed*

You're very good at drawing anatomy and body parts, including hands, I must say.

Icey

hahaha I try I try XD, but Thanks Monsieur. ;)

Blackthorne

I lurk the shit out of this.

I still firmly believe this is some kind of award winning performance art.

Bt
-----------------------------------
"Enjoy Every Sandwich" - Warren Zevon

http://www.infamous-quests.com

Icey

hahah what's that supposed to mean.

Also here are some updates.

Halfside Market acts as the games Hub world. You'll constantly go back forth into the town through the game. You'll also be able to purchase new cards and take on quest. The market has it's own time flow while everything outside it stands still. There will be 5 times of a day, starting with Dusk and ending on Night.

Here's what the world map looks like alongside a test image made in Photoshop which shows sorta how it would look in action, but how it works is sorta similar to Mario games like Mario 3. I was gonna make the map and town a bit more lively with tweens and stuff but I just said screw it, that's not necessary now. My main focus is getting this done and what ever extra detail I want to add as I improve my art skills can be applied post-release.

Lastly some fun art, a smashified look at Dave (The main protagonist of PMQ to IceyN00bs ;) ) for Smash Bros 4, with the recent buzz of indies trying to get their indiegame star in Nintendo's latest installment to the Smash Bros franchise, I decided to hope aboard the fun with a cool picture of what Dave would look like if included in the game. Had I had the game finished and had it grown as popular as Shovel Knight or Shantae on either the Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS then I would approach asking fans to vote...but alas, I'm still working on hard things hahah....Oh! and Amiibo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk