Icey games' thread

Started by Icey, Mon 05/03/2012 02:58:23

Previous topic - Next topic

MiteWiseacreLives!

Icey! I summon thee!!!!1!1!1!1!111-!-!1

Icey

I was playing on returning soon to talk about some news since I haven't posted in months.
But I'm preparing somethings to show. For now, I'll leave this.

Stupot

Looks good dude. I eagerly await your next announcement :-)

Icey

Thanks Stupot, I'll try my best to get something going for the first week of November.

CaptainD

Glad to see you're still pursuing the dream! ;-D  Really like your art style.

Icey

I'd feel like I've falling off course if I ever tried something else,besides, my desire to make something nice and finish is strong so hopefully someday haha.
And thank you. :)

MiteWiseacreLives!

Quote from: icey games on Mon 26/10/2015 12:11:14
I'd feel like I've falling off course if I ever tried something else,besides, my desire to make something nice and finish is strong so hopefully someday haha.
And thank you. :)
Soooo, what are you working on ???

Icey

November 5th I shall announce it.
For now I leave you with this!!!!
Water. Ghost. Man.
#pleasebeexcited

Icey

The long awaited announcement is here!!!1!1

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/kkfCLvZ.png[/imgzoom]

The journey begins in the depths below..

So we all know that Disney's D23 Expo is going on this week and yesterday Square Penix held a special theater event with a special trailer lots of lucky OSD fans got to see exclusively along with a lot of insight on the long awaited Oceanspirit Dennis 3!
Unfortunately there is no word when the trailer will be released to the public as seen here in this reliable tweet.

But what is fortunate is that today Famitsu have released a look into the details that where shown yesterday along with a interview with the games director.

ââ€" Oceanspirit Dennis 3 tidbits we know so far
-It'll be a sequel to the hit 2010 OSD2: The Lost world
-The devs are trying to make this the most emotional OSD game ever!!1!1!
-The game is going to be dungeon crawler, the team are still looking into how battles play. They said it will different but still familiar to what we're used to.
-OSD3 producer said the game will be an ending of a OSD character, and the origin story of a Pub Master Quest character. We're not sure what he meant by this.
-The devs are working hard to get the game out by the end of the year. It's being created in a way that team hopes won't take much time to create. The director insist that the team are on schedule and everything is going smoothly so far.
-The game will not have any music do to it's tight schedule. Their solution is to allow fans to import there own songs into the game via an external music folder that will play songs according to their name in code.
-OSD3 songs will be created post game and released later as a free DLC pack.

Key Art:

The director wanted to share this key artwork of Dennis and his friend from the game to further provide the notion of the emotional experience this game is going to take you on. You may not see it now the team insist that the feels training is approaching and expect to board it soon.

How the game works:

The basic dungeon crawl of this game is pretty straight forward. You explore an almost 4x3 board using Star Points to unlock more of the board until you hit 0, which will unlock the ability to proceed to the next room. In which you will use GEMS to actually determine the type of room you get, such as a room that offers more battles or one that offers better Materials.
There are 12 floors to go through and though it might not be that hard to reach the final floor, I wouldn't recommend being to hasty or you'll find yourself to have a very bad time. You can always go back to previous rooms if you need to grind for SP or farm for more materials. And the best part about that is the room always clears because you need to use a GEM to enter the room again.
Menus and more:

This is the main pause menu. Looking at this there are 4 things I want to touch upon.
Rank
Rank is just name you get that is determined by how much SP you have gained from battle. The more battles you do the more SP you get which means the better title you get so you can go brag to all your forum friends what Rank you are. (Note: I'd love to see the rank people get from playing the game)
Sp(Spirit Points)
So what is SP exactly? In this game you don't collect EXP and you don't Lv up. Instead you simply gain SP which you can use on the Spirit Board to unlock stat bonuses and abilities.
Class
The Orb class is something that you chose from the this menu, it will which cards that you use in battle have more of an effect and which enemies you take less damage from.
Materials
Finally Materials, you collect materials from battles as loot. Some are more rarer than others but don't let that stop you from search for them as you can use them to convert into SP or use them to unlock Spirit Board pieces...well that's not really optional so make sure to be careful what you convert because some Materials like Orichalcums are extremely hard to come by and there are only so many in the game.
Some more Menu shots:

Interview
Famitsu: So it looks like your team is working on a very exciting yet ambitious project in the time frame that you have.
are you sure your team can do it?

OSD3 Director: The game will come out one way or another, we are just trying to do something special for the 5 Anniversary of the Oceanspirit Dennis series and the deadline helps push us to working even harder.

Famitsu: Good to hear. Well you've given us a lot of details to take in for the meantime but I do have one question left.

OSD3 Director: Sure thing, I will try my best to answer it.

Famitsu: Who is the young boy besides Dennis, is he someone important to this game or a past OSD title?

OSD3 Director: Well of course he's important, that's why he's in the key art (Chuckles).
But we can't reveal who he is or what type of significance he has on the story.
All I can say for now is the will be more to come when the game is release so please be excited.

The team sent us a promotional Phone wallpaper that features two of the games primary characters. 

†»Images are of a work in progress.

MiteWiseacreLives!

QuoteYou may not see it now the team insist that the feels training is approaching and expect to board it soon.
I'm so glad your back Icey  (laugh)

Please give a little more info on your team! Have you got a few people supporting you?
Has someone hacked your account? I'm in shock, are you going for a commercial OSD game??
Spoiler
Do Ponch and Ben304 know about this!!!11!!!!11!!!!1
[close]

Keep on keepin' on Icey-Man!

Icey

Hehe yeah, Imy getting better and grammar but I gotta say, rushing to  write all this before 12 was hectic because I lost track of time so I tried my best but it could be worse XD

To be honest though, I'm soloing this game right now just like I've done in the past but when it comes to music I'll have to message someone and I was thinking about asking Monkey for help with scripting the battle system while I develop the rest of the game to ensure we can release it by the 25the or the 31st of December.

We'll see what happens but for now I'm just trying to work as hard as I can to see it to the end. I'll have more to show soon. I would say that the game is about 25% finished with 80% assets just needing to be placed into the game and coded to function properly.we'll see what Nov.15 brings. :)

LimpingFish

Just to be clear, the above Oceanspirit Dennis III post is icey-brand satire. No event, no Famitsu, and a faked tweet. Nobody needs to post in regards to pointing all that out, okay?

Shit!

I mean...nobody else needs to post, okay? ¬¬
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Icey

The interview is fake or satire like you said. But the game is a Hella real and Isee indeed coming. I just wanted to announce the game in a fun way.

Icey

Some progression shots of the game running in AGS. Last time I showed shots from asset setups in Photoshop. I think it's looking nice and it's all coming along very smoothly.

Also here's some artwork put together for you guys:

Gurok

What does the black gem do??!
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

MiteWiseacreLives!

Quote from: Gurok on Fri 13/11/2015 05:03:36
What does the black gem do??!
Its the key to Life Partner Ray's mojo.
He had better be in this game, it's looking way to serious for a true OSD game ICEY!

Icey

It's a story related GEM, it's not actually broken until after using it. It's to make a special room open up.

As for Ray, I'll probably have type of reference to him. I think I have an idea but I gotta see how much time I have at the end to add anything extra. ;)

Keep in mind, the Dennis you see isn't the normal Dennis but the Dennis from another dimension. He doesn't really know Ray.

MiteWiseacreLives!

QuoteKeep in mind, the Dennis you see isn't the normal Dennis but the Dennis from another dimension. He doesn't really know Ray.
Well, if he's mot sweet like Dennis, then he should be Dave.
Not to offend, mr. icey, but this breaks my heart a little... I expect shenanigans!
OSD games don't have to be sub-par, but it helps.

Icey

There's a nice explanation to why things are the way it is in the games documents which you can find throughout the levels you explore. In fact, I've always taken OSD games serious when I've worked on one, aside from a few. The only reason it was never noticeable is because I lacked the scripting skills to display any of that stuff or I just didn't complete anything. But now I'm more than sure I can get this game done and outta the way. It's not traditional in terms of OSD but it is in terms of an Icey OSD game. :)

Speaking of which, there is a serious lack of OSD games lately so I thought something that had some relativity to the series would be nice, especially considering the fact that it's the 5th Anniversary...

Ryan Timothy B

The purple gem, Into the Void:
QuoteThe final path to the end, once end inside there's no turning back.
???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk