Icey games' thread

Started by Icey, Mon 05/03/2012 02:58:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Icey

Aaaahhhhhhh lol I'll proof read everything at the end. I've been trying to clean up any errors that I come across and that just happened to be the only one I miss XD

Ben X

Sorry to tell you this, but that's not the only one you missed:

"Daimond" should be "Diamond"
"Steal edge" should (I assume) be "Steel edge"
The Phone wallpaper has it as "Oceanspirt"
"Setup your Command Deck and chose your battle sword" should be "Set up your Command Deck and choose your battle sword"
"making travel more easier" should be "making travel easier" (or "even easier" if something prior has already made it easier)
"Encouter more enemies" should be "Encounter more enemies"

Ghost

Quote from: Ben X on Sat 14/11/2015 12:42:17
"Encouter more enemies" should be "Encounter more enemies"

Isn't Encouturing a special move Dennis learned a while ago? Or was that Haute Couturing?

Icey

That's not upsetting, thanks for pointing those out. As always, it's me going in solo on this sometimes late late at night so I sorta try my best to get the core elements complete and outta the way, and then there's school...but that's a another story. All in all, thanks for pointing that out. If that's the only problem then I'm sure I can wipe those out and get back to the rest of the game.

Icey

A look at some of my latest work on the game, rooms are now 50% complete with more progress to come tomorrow of course.
I've cleaned up most typos except for anything that comes before 1:00. So any visible typos or words going off screen is something I'm gonna fix later. Except for that actual moving text, that is something I can't wrap my head around why it can just stay fixed on the screen, if anyone knows how to fix that well I'm all ears.

[embed=425,349]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lavubhxcUQA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/embed]

MiteWiseacreLives!

Wows, it looks like you have some pretty complex systems going on there 8-0 are you using AGS? Are you on code-enhancing drugs ???
Once I realized that the Iceyverse OSD was so serious my outrage inspired me to make an OSD game of my own. The force must be balanced so my OSD must fight the powers of your universe.  I hope you understand, it's all business.
How much DLC will this game have? I need to know. My game must have double your DLC...

Icey

haha everything is being made in AGS by the power of code-enhancing drugs XD
And you should make one, the more the better. As for DLC, we will have 2 cubic tons worth. Can you compete with that. ;)

Side note: Next update to come on Nov 25!

Retro Wolf

I was actually quite impressed with that trailer, couple of the usual Iceyisms in there, but impressive!

Icey

Thanks man, it's such a small game that I'm trying to go all out where I can to make it shine. :)

Icey

Lite update!

Rooms are 99% finished, they will need minor tweaking later but they work fully as expected nonetheless. The transition to and from the battle room very nicely without any current flaws.

i should also note that I have sat down today started storming up the concept for the battle system and even that is starting to show that this will not only be a nice looking system on screen but one that's not so hard to create.

Here's a little look at the transition animation I created for changing to the battle room. Was gonna try to pull off that FF screen spin or something but I started having second thoughts about how it'd look even if I faked it. And I this one works just fine.

Icey

Lite update!

Rooms are 100% finished, all the floors transition smoothly between each and they can go to battle rooms and back flawlessly.
Next thing up is cutscene work and then that's it. Once that's done I'll hand the lines off to my Voice Actors and begin work on the battle system.

As another thing to make this post more special than just me rambling on about mile stones. Here is an imagine of all the characters in the game.
[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/wsNQhjZ.png[/imgzoom]

....That is all.

Icey

Here's the latest trailer, the -Progress- trailer. Inside and out of the game one of the biggest term that flows around this game is progression and Dennis is all to familiar with the term in game as he races against time to save 4 captured children who trapped underground with a mysterious man who plans to experiment on them and drain them of all their life force and use it to rule the planet.
These children are not ordinary kids as each of the little ones bare a fragment of the Water Goddesses power and thus hold an extraordinary gift that could destroy nations if exploited and used in the wrong hands.

[embed=425,349]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-QJSDHsJrAE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/embed]

MiteWiseacreLives!

Quote from: icey games on Mon 16/11/2015 17:13:11
And you should make one, the more the better. As for DLC, we will have 2 cubic tons worth. Can you compete with that. ;)

I've brought my OSD to the battle lines, with many DLC!!11!!!!111!
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1981/
Now where is your OSD hiding Icey?

Spoiler
Although my game directly confronts the alternate universe, no actual insult is intended.. it's all in good fun.. and I stole some art from you  :-[ ..
[close]
Spoiler:
Spoiler
My Dennis, in the end, kicks your Dennis' ASS! :P
[close]

Icey

Quote from: MiteWiseacreLives! on Sat 05/12/2015 07:28:12
Quote from: icey games on Mon 16/11/2015 17:13:11

I've brought my OSD to the battle lines, with many DLC!!11!!!!111!
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1981/
Now where is your OSD hiding Icey?

Spoiler
Although my game directly confronts the alternate universe, no actual insult is intended.. it's all in good fun.. and I stole some art from you  :-[ ..
[close]
Spoiler:
Spoiler
My Dennis, in the end, kicks your Dennis' ASS! :P
[close]

haha nice you actually got to make it! More OSD games FTW. I gotta admit I had a bit of trouble playing cause I couldn't quite understand what to do but I made it up to the Chest area before I had to just put it away until later. Could you tell me exactly what I'm supposed to do with those coconuts? lmao

Also it's the 5th and I was supposed to have something to show but unfortunately this week has been quite busy for me. But that doesn't mean I haven't made good progress and the game is looking up to come out soon. I'll be dropping progress reports here and there at random from now on until like the last week of the month.

#AlmostThere

MiteWiseacreLives!

Well, there are many uses for coconuts:
Spoiler
You can shoot them out of the Official OSD Cannon
[close]
Spoiler
you can have them as a nutritious snack for HP
[close]
Spoiler
you can combine them with other inventory items to help you escape the island
[close]
Have you got the chest open? Happy to hear your enjoying it :)
P.S. That drawing may be nice, but the Dennis I know would never save that kid!

Icey

Quote from: MiteWiseacreLives! on Sun 06/12/2015 04:49:14
Well, there are many uses for coconuts:
Spoiler
You can shoot them out of the Official OSD Cannon
[close]
Spoiler
you can have them as a nutritious snack for HP
[close]
Spoiler
you can combine them with other inventory items to help you escape the island
[close]
Have you got the chest open? Happy to hear your enjoying it :)
P.S. That drawing may be nice, but the Dennis I know would never save that kid!

Lol I guess I just suck, I believe I maybe missing an item but I digress. I'll eventually figure it out and beat the game.

Also I want to take the time to update a that all the scenes for the game have been done and if anyone is interested in lending a hand at some testing or spell-checking then let me know. I'm currently starting work on the battle system I just got the chance to sit down and put together a sample set up to test things out in AGS and poorly written explanation that you may or may not be able to read that will give you an idea of how it works.

I saved this part for the very end because once I'm done with it I know I'm gonna need a hell of a long break and I want to make sure that feelings comes just about at the end of the development.

Icey

Artwork update

Finished created all the enemy artwork and now I'm starting to proceed into placing things into the game. Need to do this first to make creating the battle system less stressful.

selmiak

damned cool! :-D
why is there a rock?

Icey

Thanks and hahah that's actually a blob. I used colors similar to that of the first OSD blob but I guess from the way I drew it, it looks like a glossy rock.

cat

It's amazing how much your art has improved - that guy with his face on his belly is creepy as hell!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk