Nancy the Happy Whore & the Perfidious Petrol Station - SUMMERBATCH

Started by Technocrat, Sun 18/03/2012 19:34:46

Previous topic - Next topic

EKM

Looks awesome. The graphics remind me of Day of the Tentacle. I can't wait to play this.

Technocrat

Just thought I'd say, Nancy the Happy Whore and the Perfidious Petrol Station can now be played from beginning to end - as long as you do it absolutely correctly, don't mind a complete lack of walkcycles on non-main characters, and absence of sound.

Fortunately, the magic of unemployment gives me an awful lot of time for fixing these things, and I confidently predict that within two weeks, people will be able to have a test-drive of Nancy for me. As long as you're interested, of course!

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to make sure she's performing at her best.

Tabata

Quote from: Technocrat on Sat 28/04/2012 02:21:08
... As long as you're interested, of course!

Are you kidding  :shocked: 
We are trembling in impatience and anticipation

Monsieur OUXX

what can we expect by "non-linear graphics" ? Curvy graphics?  :-[

Technocrat

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Mon 30/04/2012 15:01:30

The curviest! In all the right places! (if you know what I mean)

Hudders

DBoyWheeler

Quote from: Technocrat on Tue 01/05/2012 02:23:36
Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Mon 30/04/2012 15:01:30

The curviest! In all the right places! (if you know what I mean)

As the Monty Python group would put it, "Nudge nudge wink wink say no more."

DBoyWheeler

Um, something to help keep the project alive (if it hasn't been completed yet).

Technocrat, if you need a proofreader, I can be of service.  :)

Technocrat

Quote from: DBoyWheeler on Wed 16/05/2012 01:51:07
Um, something to help keep the project alive (if it hasn't been completed yet).

Technocrat, if you need a proofreader, I can be of service.  :)

That's most generous of you, but it's essentially finished already! Just a couple of polish issues, then maybe find a translator or several!

Chicky

Great to hear that this is (very almost) finished, I bet Nancy's occupational benefits helped you reach that climax so quickly, eh Technocrat :P

Oh and the lighting in that exterior screenshot is spot on!

LTGiants2000

Technocrat, did you end up with voice as well? I am curious because I could offer my voice...as well as I'd LOVE to see it included!

Technocrat

Quote from: LTGiants2000 on Wed 16/05/2012 18:08:54
Technocrat, did you end up with voice as well? I am curious because I could offer my voice...as well as I'd LOVE to see it included!

With the deadline for the Summerbatch coming up so quickly, there wasn't quite enough time for voices, I'm afraid! I'm thinking of it for her next outing, though.

And soon, everyone else will be able to have a go on Nancy!

Zero+

Wow, those screeshots are gorgeous!
I like your idea very much, I'd like to offer myself as a translator for an Italian version of Nancy. At programming I'm a bit goofy, but I understand English (whatever variant it is) well. If this can help...
"A painless lesson is one without any meaning. One who does not sacrifice anything cannot achieve anything." - Fullmetal Alchemist

CosmoQueen

LOL just when I think I've seen it all I get surprised again! This looks so fun and unique. I haven't been on AGS in a while and I'm glad I haven't missed the release of this!
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

DBoyWheeler

Maybe in a sequel I can help as a proofreader...

Eh, for voices, if I'm not talking to another actual person, I sound a wee bit monotone--maybe I could try being a voice for a character who's semi-monotone in talking?  At least I'd be attempting to try another thing in doing games.

Maybe I'd be a character that tends to talk monotone enough that Nancy falls asleep in the dialogue (that'd be funny, huh?).

Surdy

Hi Technocrat,

Yes, alphabet with accents should be great.

Nancy the Happy Whore is in french ''Nancy la Pute Heureuse'' because you use the word ''whore'' not ''prostitute'' but it's a bit rude.  (laugh) I think ''Nancy la Prostituée Heureuse'' is better. ;)

Technocrat

DBoyWheeler

*chuckle* Show-off!

I suppose next someone will try to do it in Japanese (Romanized, of course--better known as Romaji).

Surdy

Hi Technocrat,

I am ready to go if you know what I mean. Still waiting the english text for a french translation ;)

thiezar

I'm looking forward to play this game. I love non-linear graphics since I played "day of the tentacle".
I'm not doing promises I could translate it in italian if you wish.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk