Mittens 2012 Anaheim - August 24-31 - Dave G was there!

Started by Disco, Wed 21/03/2012 15:42:05

Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

Such as close-up Berian, with a wide-angle lens!

No photos of the Nakatomi Plaza? .^^

Grundislav

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

AGA

And the same thing in HD quality, since I downloaded the 720p version:

Unfortunately it seems it's kind of hard to take non blurry screencaps of people who are wildly applauding.

abstauber

Finally managed to upload my photos as well:
http://www.sonores.de/mittens/Mittens_2012_in_Anaheim.html

Btw. how about a "global" Mittens Gallery here on the forums? I think it would be very nice to have those Mittens pics at a place where everyone can find them. 

Esseb

AGA

All the Mittens photos were on the AGS meetings page for the first few years, but I got out of the habit of updating it.  If people want to do as Esseb did and make their previous years' photos available (of provide links if they'd rather keep them on their own hosting), I'll update it.

AGA

Although I do prefer to preserve people's photo comments where they've made a gallery, so people who've done that could just zip up their gallery files and I could move them to the meetings site?

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Haha!  I didn't even realize you took photos of us during Clue, Esseb!  That photo makes me strangely sad and now I miss you guys :(

Abstauber, when did you have the time to take all those photos ;o?

Edit:  I don't really know if you can save the captions from a flickr gallery for uploading...if someone wants to tell me how it's done short of just uploading the originals somewhere that would be good.

abstauber

@AGA: Isn't there a way to add an integrated gallery to the forums? This other site looks pretty dated and is a pain to navigate.
@ProgZ: Managing and uploading those was way more time consuming. It's a shame I didn't take any pictures of the Meyer-Session ;)

Miez

A shame indeed ... there was some industrial grade cheating going on there! :D

AGA

While there are gallery systems for SMF, that would remove the possibility of integrating any previous galleries' comments.  It's a lot easier to change the styling of some HTML pages than to have to retype / copy-paste comments from dozens of different galleries...

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

QuoteIt's a shame I didn't take any pictures of the Meyer-Session

Yeah, I'm really regretting not having gotten out my tablet to record more things, but so much of what we did was spur of the moment that it just sort of 'happened'.  Still, it was fun tricking Grundislav into drinking all that rum  ;-D

Esseb

Quote from: AGA on Wed 12/09/2012 20:25:06
Although I do prefer to preserve people's photo comments where they've made a gallery, so people who've done that could just zip up their gallery files and I could move them to the meetings site?

My images contain the comments in the metadata anyway, but I've added an index.html with comments and inline js/css to the zipped album now.

Disco

Hello peoples.

Sure it has been almost three months, but I just remembered that I recorded some audio at Mittens. There are not as many files as the previous year, all the essentials are present though. I hope that they bring back many fond memories :D

Sounds of Mittens 2012

Enjoy the remainder of your Sparkling Sunday!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk