Mittens 2012 Anaheim - August 24-31 - Dave G was there!

Started by Disco, Wed 21/03/2012 15:42:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Universal studios is included if you buy one of the package card deals or I wouldn't have even mentioned it (I don't particularly care about Universal one way or the other) ;).  I'm not above paying 109 or so for a 2 day pass because of the value and would mean we wouldn't have to 'run from destination to destination' as you said, I just posted this information in case some people might want to get more bang for their buck while they're there; plus, it's a good way to learn about the different attractions because it lists well known and obscure spots.

Also, I think there are similar deals for other cities in the area but I couldn't find one for Anaheim (not surprising since there aren't a lot of attractions there).  If someone can find some coupons/deals/discounts to some cool places in the area be sure to share them!

As I mentioned somewhere I've been to San Diego before so there are some places I can help people decide on if they're on the fence. 

Grundislav

How much driving/traveling are we planning on doing?  I ask this because while I would like to rent a convertible, I am debating it now because I don't want to spend $400+ for it if we're just going to be in the house the majority of the week.  L.A. is one of those "need a car to get anywhere" cities, so it's a given that we'll be needing to go get food and stuff, but will we be doing more than just the basic outings for necessities?

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Dunno, but if I'm riding about with you I'll certainly give you some money.  San Diego has more 'bang for the buck' in terms of places to go and see but you still have to drive around.  I'm all for beachcombing/museums or whatever sounds fun, but I'm also all for hanging around the house playing pool/foosball/swimming so I'm probably not the best person to respond.

Maybe you should opt for a cheaper rental just to save yourself some $?

Have a look at these, just in case:
http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=cars&dagv=1&subm=1&fdrp=0&locn=Anaheim%2C+Orange+County&date1=08/24/2012&date2=08/31/2012&vend=&kind=1ime1=630ime2=630typ=2&acop=2&rdct=1

Disco

Making the most of our time and the rental is fine by me. Personally I would like to visit the Natural History museum, a couple galleries, and do at least a beach or two. San Diego could be a good daytrip as well. We should still have plenty of time to enjoy the house and the pool in the morning and at night at the very least.

Miez

Miez

So here's an idea ... (and I know this has probably been suggested many, many times before for previous Mittenses): seeing as we will be together for a week with a talented bunch of game makers, why don't we organize a 1 or 2 day game jam? See if we can make a game (or hell, a couple of them) at Mittens '12?

Silly idea? Too much work? Discuss!

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Miez- if you do the backgrounds I'll do the characters  :-D

Disco

Miez

I can do backgrounds, animation, puzzle/story design and real shitty voice acting  :-D

Grundislav

Snarky

I can do lots of things nowhere near as well as other people who'll be there!

AGA

Disco

AGA

Grundislav

AGA

You're pale and unaccented enough to pass, you'll be okay.  For the week you will be Bob White, as your real name is clearly far too Cuban.

Miez

Haha, I was going to post the same clip... well, looks like we won't get bored in Anaheim :)

Snarky

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

We're not 'The Fuzz' so it should be okay.  If all else fails, EXTENDED POOL PARTY!

Snarky

We'll flip the bitch!

[embed=425,349]<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/giaBe-yXDOY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/embed]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk