EDITOR PLUGIN: Speech Center - Version 2.2.0

Started by SpeechCenter, Thu 22/03/2012 14:50:32

Previous topic - Next topic

SpeechCenter

Version 2.2.0 released.

Now when you export the voice script, you will also get in the voice script folder a file called 'data.csv' which includes all the information in tabular form.

Note that this release requires AGS 3.5.0 as a minimum, meaning if there's anyone who still uses 3.4 with the plugin, they should upgrade their AGS version. The reason is that I also updated the plugin to use .net 4 (you'll need .net 4.7.2 as a minimum)

eri0o

Hey, this worked for me on 3.6.0.25 too! Thanks for the release!

Dave Gilbert

Crimson Wizard

@SpeechCenter, Hello.

We found that SpeechCenter uses some of the AGS.Types classes and their methods directly, not through the interfaces. This makes it easy to break this plugin's integration, as the AGS developers are not aware if changing certain classes or methods will affect this plugin's work.

To give an example, recent changes to Script.SaveToDisk() parameter list has broken saving the script document from this plugin.

It will be nice to discuss this somehow, and see if we can move necessary methods to interfaces.

SpeechCenter

Sure, I thought AGS.Types is an API, and it has been working for over 10 years :)
I'll try to enumerate what the code uses so we can see the gaps.

.M.M.

Hi there,

The plugin looks really cool and useful, but fore some reason, all my dialog text got wiped out. In every dialog in the project. The options were not affected, everything else is suddenly blank. I'm using AGS build 3.6.0.31 if it helps.
I have some backups, so it should all be okay, but I'm not sure whether someone reported this or had similar problems.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: .M.M. on Mon 12/09/2022 19:55:44
The plugin looks really cool and useful, but fore some reason, all my dialog text got wiped out. In every dialog in the project. The options were not affected, everything else is suddenly blank. I'm using AGS build 3.6.0.31 if it helps.
I have some backups, so it should all be okay, but I'm not sure whether someone reported this or had similar problems.

There have been a bug in 3.6.0 which caused this, please make sure you're using the latest update of 3.6.0.

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: .M.M. on Mon 12/09/2022 19:55:44Hi there,

This happened to me a few months ago. Not fun, but it's unrelated to speech center. The bug has been fixed, so be sure to update AGS. Also, remember that backups are your friend!

.M.M.

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Mon 12/09/2022 20:36:14There have been a bug in 3.6.0 which caused this, please make sure you're using the latest update of 3.6.0.

Quote from: Dave Gilbert on Thu 22/09/2022 19:36:12This happened to me a few months ago. Not fun, but it's unrelated to speech center. The bug has been fixed, so be sure to update AGS. Also, remember that backups are your friend!

Thank you for clarifying and sorry for sounding a bit... dramatic.  :)
I've found a backup with literally just a few lines missing, so it caused no harm in the end, but I'll remember to check for updates regularly while using beta builds next time. :)

And thank you, SpeechCenter, for this great tool!

HanaIndiana

Hands down my favorite AGS plugin! Thanks for continuing to update.

kobold_wyx

Hello!  I'm trying to check this plugin out, but I'm having troubles understanding how to get it to work on Windows 11 with .NET 4.8.1.

Apparently it's making some kind of external script call, which sounds risky, but it's obviously ok given other folks who use it - so I went and tried to solve the problem of getting it to work.

First, I was getting some kind of error related to loading the script - a CAS policy exception.  I was able to resolve this by opening up AGSEditor.exe.config and changing it to the following:

Code: ags
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
	<runtime><NetFx40_LegacySecurityPolicy enabled="true"/></runtime>
<startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true"><supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.5"/></startup></configuration>

However, I'm still getting another error unfortunately about a security rule violation of some kind, so I figured I should probably stop here and ask what the heck is going on.

The error says:

QuoteThere was an error loading plugin 'ags.plugin.speechcenter.dll',

System.TypeLoadException: Inheritance security rules violated by type: 'AGS.Plugin.SpeechCenter.SpeechCenterPlugin',
Derived types must either match the security accessibility of the base type or be less accessible.
  at
System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetExportedTypes(...)
  at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetExpor

OK I got too lazy to type it all up and decided to link to an image from my site:

Any ideas what's going on here?  Why's it trying to load remotely stored scripts, anyway?

eri0o

Right click in the plugin dll you downloaded and check if there is a checkbox to unblock it.

My guess despite the different message is you are having Windows Zone Identifier problems (the link is to the manual page about it)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk