EDITOR PLUGIN: Speech Center - Version 2.2.0

Started by SpeechCenter, Thu 22/03/2012 14:50:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Dualnames on Thu 14/01/2021 17:47:58
I'm using 3.5.0.2 beta,so that might be the issue?

I don't know what is this about, but if remember correctly there was about a year of development between 3.5.0.2 (alpha) and the final release, so alot of changes have been done in between.

Dualnames

Newest beta works !!!!

EDIT: It's irrelevant to newest beta, it had to do with my installing redistributables from here
https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/

eri0o

AGS installer should install any needed redistributable. You are saying that one didn't work or you didn't install AGS and instead ran it from binaries?

SpeechCenter

Quote from: Dualnames on Sat 16/01/2021 00:06:31
Newest beta works !!!!

EDIT: It's irrelevant to newest beta, it had to do with my installing redistributables from here
https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/
Not sure I understand, the latest I see is 3.5.0.29 which is a release 4 days ago. Can you send me a link to the exact version you were using?
It's possible the runtime you installed is needed for the plugin and not AGS, although I've tried to make sure it's aligned. This also explains why I haven't seen that issue.

Dualnames

Older version i was using also works!! My edit was the solution!

morganw

What the AGS installer provides was based on the minimum version that AGS itself required to run. There is a specific check for that version or later that skips installation, so potentially there is a gap in the middle where AGS is happy but something related to a plug-in would not be , depending on what the plug-ins requirements are.

https://github.com/adventuregamestudio/ags/blob/faf6ab299d1767391a2aa0cde05d848dc5294c3f/Windows/Installer/ags.iss#L186-L189
Code: pascal
  // Visual C++ runtime
  // https://download.microsoft.com/download/6/A/A/6AA4EDFF-645B-48C5-81CC-ED5963AEAD48/vc_redist.x86.exe
  VCPP_REDIST_MAJOR_VERSION = 14.0;
  VCPP_REDIST_BUILD_VERSION = 24215;

If that is the issue then potentially the installer could provide newer runtime files to be more compatible with plug-in requirements. It is probably easier that way than saying that all plug-ins supply their own VC++ runtime as that means users without admin rights can't use install plug-ins (and I think there is a scheme afoot to try and get something resembling an AGS plug-in repository working). Possibly statically linking a plug-in with the runtime version might work too, I don't know enough about that to say for sure.

Dave Gilbert

Hello! I upgraded to this latest version of Speech Center, but when I boot up AGS (version 3.5.1, latest beta) I get this error on startup:

I can click through this window, and the game loads in the editor, but the plugin no longer installed.

I adore this plugin and use it constantly, so any help is appreciated! Thanks. :)

-Dave

morganw

You need to 'unblock' (right-click, properties) the file because there is metadata stored with it that indicates it has been downloaded from the Internet.

If you've copied the file somewhere that isn't writeable from an unelevated process (e.g. you've dragged it into C:\Program Files) then you wont be able to use the unblock button, so you'll need to do the unblocking before copying the files into place.

SpeechCenter

Hey Dave, I think morganw's solution will solve it, but let me know if this doesn't work

Dave Gilbert

Ah! That did it. This happened the last time I updated Speech Center. I just forgot. I even asked this exact same question on this thread two years ago.  :D

Thanks!

Dualnames

Worst offender is me asking Dave "hey i have this issue", Dave going "oh you need to do this", and then Dave forgetting 6 months later.

Dave Gilbert

To be fair, a lot of my memory has been overwritten by pandemic panic.

Dave Gilbert

Hello! I was wondering if it was possible to export the VO script in an XML or Excel format instead of a text file? Something like this, or some facsimile thereof:

The Speech Center plugin already lists everything in table-like format, so I assume (although you know what they say about assume) that this should be simple. Any help appreciated!

-Dave

SpeechCenter

Hey Dave,

The output format is actually XHTML so it's an XML. However, I can add CSV export relatively easily if this will assist you further.

Dave Gilbert

Dualnames

I made a small thing http://primordia-game.com/Files0/ExcelGenerator.rar

It parses the game.agf file, provided you've also recently hit refresh and save on the speech plugin and generates an excel file for every single line.

Dave Gilbert

(I did thank Duals privately but will do so publicly so I don't look like a forgetful jerk. Thanks, Duals!)

Anyway, I have another issue. I am trying to incorporate a custom speech function that uses a method, but it doesn't seem to be playing nice with SpeechCenter.

The object is a struct called BGconv, which uses a function called convSetup. It is used like this (for a BGconv struct called "bgJoeChat"):

In Speech Center, I created a custom function using these settings:

But the lines don't get picked up. Am I doing it wrong? Any ideas appreciated!

-Dave

EDIT: Er, I don't know what I did but it is magically working now. So... problem solved?

SpeechCenter

Based on the screenshots this should have worked. Plus, if it magically started to work there's likely a different issue. If you do find a way to reproduce it then let me know.

By the way, will have a new version that exports all the CSV. I expect it's going to be this week.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk