Cherry's Quest for Coffee

Started by Slipshod, Mon 06/02/2012 01:16:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Slipshod

Cherry's Quest for Coffee

Well, it took me longer than expected for such a short game. But it's finally done!

The news says there's a temporary worldwide coffee shortage. After waking up, Cherry Starma discovers she is completely out of jo. Perhaps the store will have a can left... she'll  find out soon enough.  

Download from the AGS Games Page

or visit
Maddoxic.com

Mati256

Congratulations Maddox! Great game.
My Blog! (En Español)

Ghost

Whee, it's done! Downloading my cuppa copy...

[edit]
And done. Very short, but nicely polished and really fun to play. I loved the animated inventory window, it's rare that people bother with that sort of eye candy.
A nice little "twist" in the end, too (albeit a very cruel one* that left me feeling VERY sorry for the heroine!)

-----
* (in a fun way)  ;)

Sane Co.

Great to see you finished it. Downloading now

Tabata

Got my coffee! 

Really sweet little game! Hope to see more from you!

btw.
Spoiler
"go to stairs" makes you enter the living room   ;-)
[close]

Slipshod

Quote from: Mati256 on Tue 07/02/2012 00:38:25
Congratulations Maddox! Great game.

Thanks! Glad you liked it. And thanks again for testing. :)

Quote from: Ghost on Tue 07/02/2012 01:22:11
Whee, it's done! Downloading my cuppa copy...

[edit]
And done. Very short, but nicely polished and really fun to play. I loved the animated inventory window, it's rare that people bother with that sort of eye candy.
A nice little "twist" in the end, too (albeit a very cruel one* that left me feeling VERY sorry for the heroine!)

-----
* (in a fun way)  ;)

Thank you. I like your sense of humor, haha. I'm glad you liked the extra little stuff, because it was a pain to program for some reason. I'm glad the "twist" worked out, I was getting worried it might have seemed too lazy.  :=

Quote from: Sane Co. on Tue 07/02/2012 03:46:50
Great to see you finished it. Downloading now

It was great for me to see it finished as well, haha.

Quote from: Tabata on Tue 07/02/2012 18:24:26
Got my coffee! 

Really sweet little game! Hope to see more from you!

btw.
Spoiler
"go to stairs" makes you enter the living room   ;-)
[close]

Thanks for the nice comment! On the other note, I tested what you were talking about, and I can't find anything wrong. Maybe I'm misreading what you said? :)

Tabata

Quote from: Maddoxic on Tue 07/02/2012 23:54:30
On the other note, I tested what you were talking about, and I can't find anything wrong. Maybe I'm misreading what you said? :)

Oh sure, my sentence doesn't make much sense - my fault â€" I wrote it wrong - sorry  ::)

Spoiler
I endet in the bedroom, wenn going to the stairs - that is what happend to me twice.

But I wasn't able to reproduce it now â€" so everything seems to be fine. Sorry to confuse you!

btw. explaining the existance of the bedroom was funny
[close]
Maybe I had too much of this fine stuff 

Slipshod

Haha, okay I see what you're talking about now.

Spoiler
When you click at the very top of the stairs coming from the right of the living room, the path-finder tries to go there, and moves up the walk-able area that enters the bedroom
[close]

So, you're not crazy! ;) Thanks for pointing that out.  If there are any other bugs reported, I'll be sure to put that in the "things to fix" list. :)

david

nice one, and pretty polished and sooo cute in a very good way

one bug however
Spoiler
after grabbing the talking TV, the hot spot is still indicating the TV even though the TV is no more sitting there beside the store.
[close]

Slipshod

Thanks, david! And thanks for reporting the bug. I've updated the game, fixing the aforementioned bugs.

Corby

I went to look for a random AGS game to pass the time and this caught my attention (a coffee lover). I loved this game. Short and sweet. Charming graphics/sprites, funny little twist at the end. Many times I have awoken and went on a coffee adventure. Great work!

Slipshod

Quote from: Corby on Fri 23/03/2012 03:01:13
I went to look for a random AGS game to pass the time and this caught my attention (a coffee lover). I loved this game. Short and sweet. Charming graphics/sprites, funny little twist at the end. Many times I have awoken and went on a coffee adventure. Great work!

Hey, thanks! I love reading comments like this. :D

Kweepa

Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

LTGiants2000

Played it and loved it...spoiler comment below:

Spoiler
THE COFFEE MAKER DIDN'T WORK!!! OH THE HUMANITY!!!
[close]

Very good job, I can see potential for future works. Keep it up! :)

Slipshod

Quote from: Kweepa on Wed 06/06/2012 06:20:22
"Honey motherfucking cocaine's quest for coffee!"
Hah! This is truly hilarious. What are the odds? lol

LT,
Thanks! I've been messing around with several different things at once. Perhaps one of them will make it to the surface. :)

Joshy

I adore this game!  It was a truly great experience :)
Well done. Can't wait for your next game.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk