UNGA needs MUMBA - a prehistoric graphic adventure

Started by Knoodn, Fri 30/03/2012 20:21:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Stefano

Quote from: blueskirt on Sun 15/04/2012 14:27:51
You could also find it by yourself, in true adventure game fashion.
Haha! Maybe I can. I'm just a little bit discouraged to play the game all over again only to find out that I couldn't do anything different.

Hum, but now that I am thinking about it...
Spoiler
I remember feeling guilty about picking up "a certain item" in the beginning of the game. Specially after I've found out that, later in the game, an infinite source of "it" was available somewhere else.
[close]

(re)Adventure Time!

[EDIT]
Just leaving that item alone didn't work... I'm out of ideas.
Trying to make my first AGS game.

Knoodn

Hooray for blueskirt and his "true adventure game fashion"-idea!!

For all the others:
Spoiler
It's not a special action that triggers the other ending. It's the summation of several things you can do - not all necessary to reach the end.
So, pick up everything (if it's possible several times), talk to everybody and maybe you can do things in a different way?
That's the trick...
[close]

Oh, if this doesn't help, here is the nasty part:
Spoiler
It's very hard to succeed during the first run (it's possible, but very hard).
If you have played once, try again right from the beginning!
[close]

Shadow1000

Ok, here are my comments on the game:

UNGA needs MUMBA is a light-hearted look at caveman life. Quality cartoon graphics, smooth animation and logical puzzles and plenty of laughs will give the player plenty of satisfaction for about 2-3 hours of gameplay.

WHAT I LIKED:
- I have to point to the humor as my number 1. I had more than a few good laughs while playing.
- Graphics, sound, animation and music are smooth and PERFECT for the environment intended. I happened to really like that little hand shake thing Unga does when he can't perform an action
- Excellent attention to detail. The effort to build a mini "caveman language" and develop individuals with names, accents and voices to match their personality does not go unnoticed!
- One key thing I enjoyed was the level of difficulty. The puzzles were logical (in a caveman way, of course) to complete without wanting to give up yet challenging enough to keep the game fun. Unlike many games I've played, I almost never spent time wandering through the game world thinking "ok, now what?". The game flows because of the story (albeit simple) and the fairly intuitive goals to complete the game.

I think this is the first time I've posted my comments without being able to point out areas for improvement.

Congrats to Tino and those who put in the efforts for this fun game.

Five JUMM JUMMS!

SHADOW

Knoodn

Thanks for your kind words, Shadow. Great you had so much fun!

m0ds

Thanks for the kind comments on music. Here's my original render of the soundtrack:
31mb RAR

Sslaxx

Quote from: m0ds on Sun 13/05/2012 16:02:08
Thanks for the kind comments on music. Here's my original render of the soundtrack:
31mb RAR
Thanks for sharing this with us!
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

selmiak

Knoodn

Thanks for that, Mark. Your render is quite different to the one I made for the game.
So, I'm looking forward to your *special edition* (the complete file pack with the original MIDIs and the In-game OGGs).

Thanks for sharing the link, selmiak.

m0ds

It is! Lite = not the actual files muhahaha!! ;) Love this translated page about Unga :D

UNGA Needs MUMBA offers a particularly crazy as a "point and click" old.
The appearance of a prehistoric man is given a more important task of the
head: Find the mammoth Mumba. Explore the ancient lands of the first men
in a 2D adventure game atmosphere omnipresent changed. General Assembly must
Mumba, lifting the veil on many mysteries of human history!

http://www.logirama.net/voir-details/windows/jeux/aventure/unga-needs-mumba.html

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk