Unga needs Mumba

Started by gaarias, Sun 01/04/2012 20:45:12

Previous topic - Next topic

sthomannch

You are on the right track, but you miss one thing
Spoiler

First put an egg on the pile of stones which is to the right of Frako, go left and show the Kaffla. Then swap the pebbles and tools
[close]

Intense Degree

Ah, Thanks! I thought I had tried that, but obviously not!

Finished the game now and would be interested to hear if anyone got a different ending?

arj0n

Barbour

Hullo all, forgive me if there's an "Introduce Yourself" thread or whatever but I am that efficient I'll cover 3 points in 1 post! (the above intro, a wee plea for help and feedback - be very happy with your work folks I seen the game mentioned in the Web User weekly magazine in the UK, I have been engrossed for about a week now)

I think I got quite far into this but I fear I have overlooked something, the hunt is ready but I do not have the "arisen from stone" part of the sacrifice

m0ds

QuoteI seen the game mentioned in the Web User weekly magazine in the UK

Any chance of a scan? That'd be awesome :)

Barbour

I only binned it Saturday - had it a fortnight myself but I'm 99% certain it's listed as part of the 60 freebies in this issue  (link to digital back issue of web user)

Thoroughly enjoyed the game now I've "finished" it, although if there is an alt. ending I'd like to see it.

m0ds

Quote from: Barbour on Thu 31/05/2012 00:50:05
I only binned it Saturday - had it a fortnight myself but I'm 99% certain it's listed as part of the 60 freebies in this issue  (link to digital back issue of web user)

Thoroughly enjoyed the game now I've "finished" it, although if there is an alt. ending I'd like to see it.

Not a problem, very cool that it was featured nonetheless! :) Not sure how to unlock the alt ending myself...

kati

Spoiler

is there a way to win the game or do you always end up back where you started with the dead rat thing?  i loved the game but the ending was sad how he didn't get to bring home any mumba :P
[close]

Knoodn

@kati:
It is definitely possible to be successful.
Maybe you try it a second time.

Barbour

Quote from: m0ds on Fri 01/06/2012 16:47:44
Quote from: Barbour on Thu 31/05/2012 00:50:05

Not a problem, very cool that it was featured nonetheless! :) Not sure how to unlock the alt ending myself...

I found the magazine!  Not binned but in the abyss of the bottom shelf of the towel rack thing...

I have thrown a wee Tumblr account together to let folk see it.

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/themightybarbour

m0ds

Great, thanks! Cute how it's mixed in with printer software and... um, something else ;D

Oh, and PS I had to use the URL http://themightybarbour.tumblr.com/ to see your blog.

Barbour

It's the first I've used Tumblr, glanced and seen the picture, guess that link only works if your logged in to your own blog or something ...

Anyway thanks for the enjoyable gaming experience

hammer

Quote from: Knoodn on Wed 20/06/2012 12:27:14
@kati:

Knoodn, I really liked this game but I can't figure out how to keep the mumba at the end. Can you please post a walkthrough? I found two walkthroughs on the net (one in Dutch and one in French) but they both assume that the game ends with you losing the mumba to Konk.

Knoodn

Okay, only for you... and don't tell it to someone else:

Spoiler

You have to do several things to trigger a special answer for the last dialogue with KONK.
For the first playthrough you need 7 points. If you play for any next time you need 4 points only.
Here are some (not all!):

- get egg from bush
- get egg from women
- smash bone on rock (by the cave or by the river)
- throw bone up to figurine (below the cave of UNGA - after putting figurine into the small hole)
- remove clothes from the line after UNGA said the weather will change
- ask women what they are doing
- ask RONKO why FRAKO is working there

- (and some special ones)

All you have to do then, is to give the right answer to KONK in the end...

[close]

I hope this helps.

kati

Quote from: Knoodn on Wed 20/06/2012 12:27:14
@kati:

Spoiler
well at the end it seemed like i had to give konk the mumba meat to get past him, leaving me with just the rat and going back to the cave empty-handed.  not sure if that is the joke of the game is that he caught the mumba but failed to bring home the meat, but it seemed like there should have been a way to win the game
[close]

Knoodn

@kati:
Spoiler
Quotenot sure if that is the joke of the game is that he caught the mumba but failed to bring home the meat
You pointed it out... :-D

Quotebut it seemed like there should have been a way to win the game
Yes, there is a way to "win" the game. Just see a post above your's.

If it doesen't help:
Spoiler

Play the game for an other time and do at least four of the points I listed in my last post, then a new dialogue option comes up when UNGA meets KONK again in the end. Select this option and you are able to make NONGA and UNGA happy. ;)
[close]
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk