Richard & Alice

Started by Lewis, Wed 04/04/2012 23:27:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Lewis

GAME IS AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD
(Completed Games Thread)

Coming to Windows PC on 21 February 2013!
Price: $5.99
Get it from: GOG.com / Desura / IndieCity
(Pre-orders coming soon!)

-------------

"I was entirely hooked by the adventure's tale of a peculiar world,
and the friendship of two imprisoned people within it."
- John Walker, Rock, Paper, Shotgun

-------------

Richard and Alice are prisoners. Both their cells have a leather sofa and a state-of-the-art computer. But only Richard's has a TV.

Outside, the snow falls. It has done for some time. Elsewhere, they say, parts of the world have been rendered an inhospitable desert, the earth parched and cracked. People live in the zones now. The lucky ones, anyway.

Richard and Alice have secrets.

A mystery story about family, desperation and the weather, set to the beat of an indie adventure game.

-------------

[embed=600,400]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doSnZFbmUAo[/embed]

-------------

Quote[Richard & Alice is] definitely one of very few games to have ever attempted to have a meaningful, realistic, and non-magical relationship between a parent and child. Which, to use the word correctly for once, makes it something particularly mature. I'm very excited to see more of this.
- Rock, Paper, Shotgun

QuoteThe sinister nature of this wintered future is expressive, the pleasingly few characters properly fleshed out, and the puzzles logical and straight-forward... Really looking forward to this one, oh yes.
- The Reticule

QuoteWith its mature storyline and strong writing, and original score by Yonotan Luria and artwork by Kyra Hills, Richard and Alice is shaping up nicely [and could be] the next indie hit on PC.
- Midlife Gamer

QuoteThanks to its well-written dialogue and compelling storyline, I'm very much looking forward to seeing more of this extremely promising game.
- Kilted Moose's Games Blog

-------------

richardandalice.com
Returning to AGS after a hiatus. Co-director of Richard & Alice and The Charnel House Trilogy.

Darth Mandarb

Please secure more stable hosting for the images pronto!

Thanks.

Lewis

Did someone say 'Richard & Alice reveal trailer'?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paeKh6Sbv24

The music is taken from Yonatan Luria's original soundtrack, which I can't wait for everyone to hear more of. It's gorgeous.
Returning to AGS after a hiatus. Co-director of Richard & Alice and The Charnel House Trilogy.

WHAM

I like the look of this, although I keep getting the JRPG vibes that make my keyboard/gamepad -fingers twitch. Not sure how well point'n'click will work or if I can wrap my mind around the idea. :)

My only real constructive feedback is to simplify / clarify the character portraits. In their current state they look a tad blurry / messy. Other than that I really like the visual style.

Anyway, love the idea, love the story as far as I can tell from these glimpses, really looking forward to this.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Lewis

Just a couple of new screenies for you today. Now, these are increasingly becoming screenshots of Alice & Some Kid, instead of Richard & Alice. There's a good reason for that, which is that much of Richard's time in the game takes place in the most intricate environment, which isn't finished yet. Ho-hum!

Screenshots below; click to embiggen.

Technocrat

This looks atmospheric, I'm looking forward to it!

CosmoQueen

I love it when someone is very vague when describing a game because it makes me confuzzled (a word I created) to what it's about and makes me more interested to play it. Too bad it's gonna be a short game though, looks like it has the potential to be long.
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Lewis

It won't be super-short! Playable in one lengthy sitting if you're in a hurry, perhaps, but not at all super-short.

Lewis

We're now looking for a few people to start testing areas of this - both for bug-hunting and for providing general feedback. The game's nowhere near complete yet, and the section you'll be testing first probably won't last you much more than 15-20 minutes (or it might! That's what we can find out), but ideally we're looking for a small team of people that can continue to help us with testing as we go through the project.

If you're interested, drop me a PM explaining why you'd be awesome. :-)

Lewis

New website, with a dev blog we actually intend to maintain!

Loads of new screenshots!

Exciting times at the moment. We just sent a preview build out to assorted games journalists. Let's see what people make of it...

Things are going well.

Igor Hardy

Nice. the muted colors and the winter scenery give it all a lot of atmosphere.

Surdy

Graphics look amazing & the story is very dystopian ;)

If you want a french translation, I'm your guy :) you can contact me.

A date of release perhaps ?

Lewis

All we're saying on the release date front at the moment is "late 2012".

You should totally get in touch nearer the time about the translation! Thanks. :-)

Lewis

So, Richard & Alice has been doing the press preview rounds and has got some absolutely wonderful write-ups. Really chuffed. Thinking we might actually be onto something here. Here's what people are saying.

Quote[Richard & Alice is] definitely one of very few games to have ever attempted to have a meaningful, realistic, and non-magical relationship between a parent and child. Which, to use the word correctly for once, makes it something particularly mature. I’m very excited to see more of this.
- Rock, Paper, Shotgun

QuoteThe sinister nature of this wintered future is expressive, the pleasingly few characters properly fleshed out, and the puzzles logical and straight-forward... Really looking forward to this one, oh yes.
- The Reticule

QuoteWith its mature storyline and strong writing, and original score by Yonotan Luria and artwork by Kyra Hills, Richard and Alice is shaping up nicely [and could be] the next indie hit on PC.
- Midlife Gamer

QuoteThanks to its well-written dialogue and compelling storyline, I'm very much looking forward to seeing more of this extremely promising game.
- Kilted Moose's Games Blog

CosmoQueen

If you need some testing done I can help with that if you like :)
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Lewis

Hi CosmoQueen,

Drop me a PM with your details. Cheers!

Hi everyone!

Things have been going well in our wintry land. We've decided to push release back to January 2013 to allow us an extra month or two for polishing, but progress is good, and the light at the end of the tunnel feels ever closer.

We have two new things to share with you today. The first is a new developer commentary trailer, in which I show you a few bits of the game and ramble on over them about what we're trying to achieve:

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7wxJzDWV5w[/embed]

The second is our Steam Greenlight page. Along with quite a lot of indie games over the past few days, we've submitted Richard & Alice to Steam's new service. Get enough votes on there and we'll be selected to sell the game through Steam, which would of course be amazing.

So! If you've a Steam account, which you of course do, pleasepleaseplease head over to our Greenlight page. Make us a 'favourite'. Give us an upvote. Leave a comment. These are all things that'll help us in our quest. It would be massively appreciated.

Thanks!

Lewis

Are you a graphic designer or branding expert? Do you like MONEY?!

If so, email richardandalicegame[at]gmail[dot]com. We might have some work for you.

Lewis

Hello!

Had a great response for the graphic design work, so thanks to those who applied - we're still going through portfolios, so expect to hear from us soon.

Meanwhile, would you like to help us get the game funded?

We've poured countless hours of our spare time into this, and frankly we just don't have the money to do all the things we want to do. Fancy helping out? We've set up an IndieGoGo campaign where we hope to raise $2,000 to put the finishing touches on the game.

If you'd like to chip in - anything from $5 to $1,000, for various perks and prizes - then head to http://www.indiegogo.com/richardandalice?a=1697069 - it would be super-appreciated.

Thanks!

Lewis

Just a quick one to say Richard & Alice will be playable at AdventureX in London next month! The point-and-click convention, in the heart of the East End of London, is absolutely free - so do come down and be among the world's first people to play Richard & Alice!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk