Sheep Quest - Released!

Started by cat, Thu 12/04/2012 17:52:10

Previous topic - Next topic

cat

After several years of production I proudly present

Molly the lamb has run away! Can you help shepherd Angus to find her?

Meet quirky villagers, collect items kleptomanically and enjoy colorful graphics during your quest. This game features a simple left/right click interface and a fluffy white sheep GUI.

Oh no, where is Molly?

Can she help you with your mission?

This game has been released! Visit the official thread

Update 07/10/2012
The last animation is done, I just need to fix some issues found by my testers.
The game will be released on October 14th!

Update 23/09/2012
It's been a while since the last update, but we have been very busy in the meantime!
HandsFree, who is doing the music for this game, has made some amazing tunes and the soundtrack is completed now. I'm still working on animations and the last scripting issues.

Beta testing will start soon, so if you are interested in testing, please PM me. Testers found!

Update 06/05/2012
The game is playable from start to end now! Of course it is still missing tons of sprites, animations, interactions, dialogs and the minigame (yes there will be one!)
But - I'm making good progress and thus dare to announce a release by the end of this year!

Musician needed
I need 3-4 MIDI tunes with one of them being in the style of traditional Irish music. PM me if you are interested!

Musician found!

Story/Puzzles: 100%
Backgrounds: 100%
Sprites/Animations: 100%
Coding/Dialogs: 100%
Music/Sounds: 100%

So watch out for the woolliest adventure to come!

Dualnames

This looks wonderfully wonderful. The simplistic (not negatively simplistic) graphic style, gives this a cute edge. I would suggest decreasing the lightness of the outline color of the font though. To give it more contrast. Apart from that, all I have to say is "finally!".

Keep us posted.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Tabata

Quote from: cat on Thu 12/04/2012 17:52:10
Meet quirky villagers, collect items kleptomanically and enjoy colorful graphics during your quest.
So watch out for the woolliest adventure to come!
That sounds like it'll be made especially for me

I already like it!

Good luck for this one!

Atelier

CaptainD

Love the graphic style, and agree that the font needs to be darker.  All the best with development!!

WHAM

More farm-related games by Cat! :3
This makes me happy.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

ZapZap

I like this style much more  ;)
"Loose ends have a way of strangling you"

tzachs

Finally!
I've been waiting for this game my whole life!  :D

Icey

I remember you showing this at the last AGS...I forgot the the name that fast so I'm just gonna call it AGS E3.

cat

Thank you so much for your nice comments! This is really motivating for me.

You are right about the font color, I'll take that to Critics' Lounge.

cat

Update!

The game is playable from start to end now! Of course it is still missing tons of sprites, animations, interactions, dialogs and the minigame (yes there will be one!) but: I'm making good progress and thus dare to announce a release by the end of this year!

However, I'm looking for a musician now. I need 3-4 MIDI tunes with one of them being in the style of traditional Irish music. PM me if you are interested! Musician found!

In the meantime, here is another screenshot for you:

Tabata

Quote from: cat on Sun 06/05/2012 09:47:41
The game is playable from start to end now!... the minigame (yes there will be one!) ... I'm making good progress and thus dare to announce a release by the end of this year!

These are a lot of really good news!  ;-D

... also another very nice screeny!  Can you recommend ordering the stew? 
I like the way it goes and I wanna play this for sure     

cat

Quote from: Tabata on Sun 06/05/2012 10:33:35
Can you recommend ordering the stew?

No, because Irish stew is made from lamb 8-0 Poor Molly is certainly not going to end in the saucepan!  (wrong)

AnalogGuy

I would be interested of composing this game.... althought I really would need to study more about traditional irish instruments and music.  (roll)

Oh, and yes, I do not make midis... but full audio of real sounds.  8-)
Ask if you want me to compose your game.
---
One thing that I would like to see happen with films is for music not to be treated as just one more ingredient, but as an integral and fundamental part, due to its fatal capacity to affect the mood of the movie.

Tabata

Quote from: cat on Sun 06/05/2012 10:53:49
Quote from: Tabata on Sun 06/05/2012 10:33:35
Can you recommend ordering the stew?
No, because Irish stew is made from lamb 8-0 Poor Molly is certainly not going to end in the saucepan!  (wrong)
No prob â€" it doesn't need to be Molly  -   if it is tasty   

Ghost

Tabs, that smily is looking far to HAPPY...  (laugh)

Cat, this looks really great- I'm looking forward to playing it!

arj0n

Love the sheep-on-a-stick in the 1st screen.
And hey, a green cup... your own environmentally-friendlygame-engine?

:cheesy:

m0ds

Haha sheep on a stick. Yep best of luck finishing this cat!

cat

Hahaha, don't they say in "There's Something About Mary" that there should be more meats on a stick?

LTGiants2000

Hey congrats, this game looks REALLY well done and I can't wait to try it. Looking forward to future updates!  ;-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk