[RECRUITED] Calm Waters - Recruitment Thread

Started by DazJ, Sat 14/04/2012 16:04:04

Previous topic - Next topic

DazJ

Follow the game on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/calmwatersgame

'Calm Waters' is a point 'n' click adventure game to be released on the iPhone, Android and PC. The PC version will be compiled with AGS.

The game is centered around a character who visits a quaint Greek port to relax for a week. What he encounters is the exact opposite. Strange sounds and local tales emerge from an ominous island roughly 2 miles out to sea. With constant warnings to avoid the island and to stop asking questions, our holiday-maker soon realises that something's not right. Especially when the locals are slowly disappearing one-by-one...

I need the following to join my team for an upcoming psychological thriller game.

JOBS OFFERED:

- 3D character modeller/artist/sprite designer
- Music/soundtrack composer

I need the game's character models to be created in 3D. I should be able to work with the raw model types myself so any format such as Poser, 3DS, Sketchup, Cinema4D etc.

If considering the role of musician, the style I'm going for is how I describe the game - a cross between Twin Peaks and Alan Wake, with a dash of The Shining thrown in for good measure.

You can see a preview of the screen shots below to give you some flavour of the style I'm after. I need all characters created. You will of course be credited and be paid once the game is complete and begins accepting orders.

This is a game idea I've toyed with now for just short of 4 years and I'm extremely determined to bring it to fruition. This will hopefully be the first of a series of games, depending on the success of the first.

Please ignore the 'character' in these images, it's purely for scale reference.

I need someone who won't suddenly disappear so I need someone who's committed.

If you think you've got what it takes then please please please don't hesitate to contact me on here or PM me.

Narushima

I'm not a 3D (or 2D) artist, and my music talents are way too limited to be of any use, but I may be willing to translate the game into French, depending on the amount of words. Do you already know how long it's going to  be ?

DazJ

I can't really say how long exactly but I will most certainly consider the French translation service, thank you.

DazJ

Musician(s) role has been now taken, thank you guys!

I still urgently require a 3D Character artist though. If anybody is remotely interested, please feel free to let me know.

Buckethead

I've been wondering if I should reply to this for while now. The job and game sound really interesting but I do not have a lot of time to work on this. And I have been letting people down before. Which I really regret. But since you said "If anybody is remotely interested, please feel free to let me know" I thought I should atleast post here.

Here's my portfolio:

http://www.inserttalent.nl/~gm10860/index.html

Mostly environment based work but I'm learning to do characters a bit more.

Also I love Twin Peaks.

DazJ

Hi Buckethead and thanks for the reply. All jobs have just been taken I'm afraid - a day or 2 earlier and you may have been lucky :)

Both vacancies have now been filled. Please lock this thread.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk