backloggery.com

Started by qptain Nemo, Tue 05/11/2013 00:30:20

Previous topic - Next topic

qptain Nemo

Seeing as there are many people here who are really into games, often to an impressive extent (Name the Game players, I'm looking at you :-* ), I thought it'd be appropriate to share this lovely site with you. The Backloggery is a site that lets you maintain a simple yet effective database of your game collection with a focus on keeping track on how much progress you've made in the games and encouraging you to finish as many of them as possible.

I've been using it over a year now and I'm very happy with it. You can check out my profile if you want. Personally I'm not that much of a completionist but as a person who is always in never-ending search for interesting games I found it really suitable for keeping track of all the games I meant to check out, properly play and/or actually finish. And well, leaving mini-reviews and rating games is also nice. As is obsessively updating it every 5 seconds with every tiniest detail of your progress. Ratings are useful even when they're absent, as if the game isn't rated yet, I know I haven't played it enough. It's also nice in the sense now if somebody asks me for game recommendations, I can just be a lazy bastard and link them to the games rated 5 and 4 stars on my backloggery. Although, right now the games I have there are only my actual lifelong backlog and the stuff I finished from it during that year. But if I ever make it through a critical portion of my backlog I'll sure enjoy inputting all the games I have ever finished in there. Yes, I'm a sad person!

So yeah, I'd be happy to hear what people think about it. If somebody decides to register, please do link your profiles so I can hurt your feelings by not deeming you worthy of adding. :)

EliasFrost

I've never heard of it but it looks really cool. I don't play games all that much anymore, only maybe an hour a day when I've got the time. Maybe I'll set up a profile later when I don't have all that much to do. :) Thanks for sharing!

Galen

They oughta add the ability to enter your Steam (or Desura, GOG, HumbleBundle/Store, providing they give a similar level of transparency) ID and have it automatically draw out a list of your games. Sites can already do it to calculate your Steam expenditure, or to find out what items you have in Team Fortress 2. It'd be trivial just to get a list of names.

It'd even allow them to easily (well... easier for me, the end user) draw out achievement completion and play time.

As it stands CBA to add 228 games to it (on Steam alone). Did create an account though (Galen), may end up being for pure posterity though.

Peder 🚀

Yeah manual input sucks for large amount of games... I'm implementing a "similar" kind of feature on AGSA where you get a list of all games you've ever downloaded which then you can mark as "finished it" when done.
Nothing amazing but hope it will be a nice small feature for gamers who want to keep track of what they've played and not of AGS games. I could probably add some more stuff to it too..

Ghost

Quote from: qptain Nemo on Tue 05/11/2013 00:30:20
a simple yet effective database of your game collection with a focus on keeping track on how much progress you've made in the games and encouraging you to finish as many of them as possible.

Oh, that sounds good. My backlog is... ridiculous. Will sure try it out, thanks for sharing!

selmiak

Lol, didn't update in 4 years, but my account is still active. Now I must just remember the password...
http://backloggery.com/selmiak

Ghost

"You just might discover a lot of great games that were swept aside long ago. And best of all, you already own them!"

That sold me. I shall set up an account there!

selmiak: The password is usually "swordfish". ;)

selmiak

meh, swordfish didn't work, but I haxxor'd my way in...;-D

donkeymilk

I'm sure there's a program called Photon GameManager V4 (i think)
It sits on your computer and it catalogs all your games and grabs the box cover from the net and also it allows
you to add your steam games too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk