Forum upgrade

Started by AGA, Wed 25/04/2012 23:47:12

Previous topic - Next topic

AGA

The forums are now upgraded.  I'm nowhere near finished though, so it's quite likely there are little niggles here and there.  Plus a lot of the special little hacks CJ put in are missing.  I'm planning to put most of them back in (and more!), but upgrading took ages, and I'm too tired to do more today!

Domino

All the text is now centered in a post.

void

First one :-)
Darn, too late.

Good work, I really like it. Looks nice and cleaned up. But one thing that's still bothering me: Would you please consider turning off the wait time between the logins? I tend to forget my password and waiting to log in again is somewhat annoying and not quite common anymore.

Ali

The map is back!

To celebrate, I put my pin exactly where I am now. Don't you identity theft me.

Edit: Though, weirdly, the pin points to Scotland until you zoom all the way in. I guess that's Google's fault though?

Pumaman

Thanks for doing the upgrade, AGA!

Yep the text centring needs to be fixed, also the "AGS Forums >> AGS Development >> Bug Reports" bit is no longer clickable, you used to be able to click one of the bits to take you to that part of the forum.

Other than that, looking good -- nice job!

void

I did inspect the centered text bug, maybe you save some time this way.

The problem comes from the first div inside #main_content_section . It has an old attribute (align="center") that should be replaced by 'style="margin:auto"' (or nothing at all, seems to work pretty well without for me).

Sslaxx

Is all the text supposed to be centred?
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Ryan Timothy B

Looks nice and fancy.
Now of course the vertical size is even larger now. I only get the Community and AGS Support at the top. Everything else is beyond my vertical resolution of 900. I hate scrolling. ;)

Victor6

Looks good, but....
Does the new board software include alternate layout options? There's a huge amount of dead space at the moment.

straydogstrut

Yeah, everything seems really BIG, there's quite a bit of whitespace.

Good job though! Everything looks so clean and shiny!

I like that the 'recent posts' link is now at the top since i'm always on that page. I also like the map and i've added my pin :D

Armageddon

This centered text is killing me! D:

And yeah, everything is big, and too much white, the side bar grain is too... Grain.

Site reminds me of this now. :P

Ghost

Well it looks nice indeedy! Not quite sure about the centered text, but apart from that, great job!

Join me in shouting Yipiie, lemmings style!

*Yippie!"

Eric

Quote from: Ali on Wed 25/04/2012 23:59:04Edit: Though, weirdly, the pin points to Scotland until you zoom all the way in. I guess that's Google's fault though?

I believe it must be, as it shows me being Canadian until the map is zoomed in.

Good job with the forum upgrade!

tzachs

I love it!

It seems that the
Spoiler
spoiler
[close]
tag has stopped working.

Anian

Yippiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie*

*yelling yippie while falling of a cliff

p.s. read the topics at the bottom, to find out that the text will be sorted out, because poor AGA was too tired today. There is more stuff, like the links back don't work etc., but it'll be dealt with in time.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

pcj

Space Quest: Vohaul Strikes Back is now available to download!

Haggis

I like it, i like it a lot.

Great work dudes.

Stupot

Look what I can do?  ;D

Nice work AGA.  I like the colours.  Apart from the centered text and dead space I haven't got a problem.  Can't wait for the new smilies to be introduced though.  The old ones look so out of place.  I may have dreamed this, but did I read that we'll be able to have larger avatars?  That would be cool. Although saying that, it would force even more dead space into the posts.

[edit]
Oh, about the new smilies.  It seems they are appearing in the posts, but not all of them have been updated in the bit where I can choose which one I want.

nihilyst

Looks great. Although I can't help but think that the
Quotequote-box
should look as if it went into the panel instead of coming out of it (or have no graphical effect on it at all). Now it looks like a button and I'm constantly trying to click it :D

I'd favour another theme where the width of the board is yet smaller.

EDIT: Right on top of the "mark all topics as read"-button there is an empty button doing nothing.

Khris

I'm not so sure yet, but I'll get around to liking it eventually :)
The centered text can't be intentional, surely that's just an erroneous stylesheet rule somewhere.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk