running ags on windows 7 home edition

Started by , Thu 26/04/2012 21:40:32

Previous topic - Next topic

ig299

is it posible to make ags fro windows 7 home edition?

Ghost

AGS runs fine under Windows 7 HE. If you are having trouble running it, outdated drivers and related stuff is most likely the cause.

monkey0506

Yes, we're sure.

What is it that you're doing though? If you're getting an error it's usually nice to post those...y'know, instead of just tossing accusations around. ;)

Ghost

Quote from: ig299 on Thu 26/04/2012 22:23:36
are you sure?

Absolutely. There have already been reports about people not being able to run AGS under several operating systems, though, for several reasons, a common one being outdated DX drivers. Oh, and one dude tried to run AGS from within its zipped archive, but I don't really believe he's a real dude because nobody would even think about trying that.  :P

He was probably more of a dood.

ig299

Ghost

Don't let the information TRICKLE. FLOOD us.

Which game? One you are working on? Hubris?
When does it run slow? Using DirectDraw or D3D? Fullscreen, windowed?
What's your DX version? Is your Windows pirated? Do you have a virus scanner that hogs your system?
What's your favourite pie?

Give information, and people may be able to help you.

SinSin

Do I smell a troll ? 

also do you think reading the manual might help?
Currently working on a project!

ig299

it runs slow when i'm using direct draw 5 any game and my favorite pie is cheery pie lol and i do not haveany viruses and i runs slow in both full screen and a small window

Gilbert

Try updating DirectX9 if you haven't done so and see whether it helps.

Also, try to turn off crap graphical features (that should not even be included in the first place) of the O/S such as AERO.

Calin Leafshade

Quote from: Iceboty V7000a on Fri 27/04/2012 03:14:28
Also, try to turn off crap graphical features (that should not even be included in the first place) of the O/S such as AERO.

Pfft dont be a zealot.

Monsieur OUXX

What's your hardware? (is it a notebook? Percentage of free CPU? how much free RAM?)
Define "really slow" (give an example of a game, and describe the scene that for you goes "really slow". Example: "In game XXX, the character takes YY seconds to walk across the screen).

ig299

it's not a notebook

Ghost

You are allowed more than one sentence per post.

(We had a rule that said otherwise, but removed it a couple of years ago.)

Moresco

Quote from: ig299 on Fri 27/04/2012 20:30:39
it's not a not book

So it IS a book! Aha! problem solved.  AGS does not run on books.  Sorry, you will require a computer.   No, no, showering me with love for solving your problems is simply not necessary...oh stop it, everyone is looking!
::: Mastodon :::

Monsieur OUXX

AGA

Moresco's not a troll, he's just quite rightly making fun of ig299.

Snarky

ig, if you want help with your problem you'll have to give us more information to work with, like Mr. Ouxx requested. Meanwhile, you'll have to accept people making fun of you for your poor communication skills and poor spelling. What's your native language? Maybe someone knows it and would volunteer to help you in your own language (over private messages, not on the forum).

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: AGA on Tue 01/05/2012 08:37:23
Moresco's not a troll, he's just quite rightly making fun of ig299.

You don't say?
I was saying that ig299 is a troll.

Snarky

*Mod Hat*

Please, if you believe someone to be a troll, contact a moderator, don't spread accusations on the forums. If you're wrong it just causes conflict and ill will; and if you're right you're giving the troll the attention it craves.

The mods are keeping an eye on posters who display questionable tendencies, and will decide if and when to take action. I'll expect no further discussion of this issue in this thread.

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Snarky on Tue 01/05/2012 11:40:32
*Mod Hat*

Please, if you believe someone to be a troll, contact a moderator, don't spread accusations on the forums. If you're wrong it just causes conflict and ill will; and if you're right you're giving the troll the attention it craves.

The mods are keeping an eye on posters who display questionable tendencies, and will decide if and when to take action. I'll expect no further discussion of this issue in this thread.

*genuinely concerned forumer's hat*
I understand everything you say, and agree with it. I just thought I'd draw the attention of the mods to this obvious troll. Sorry sorry.

monkey0506

Glad we got that fixed. Let us know in the beginner's forum if you have any scripting or basic usage issues. :-D

Snarky

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk