New website launched, domain name moved!

Started by Pumaman, Fri 27/04/2012 17:22:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Frodo

Quote from: AGA on Sun 29/04/2012 17:08:28
Quote from: Frodo on Sun 29/04/2012 16:10:51
Is anyone else having a problem posting in the Forum Upgrade thread?   :confused:

Define "problem".  I just made a test post there and it went fine (I then deleted it).

Every time I post, I get a database error message.

"Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator." 

I've managed to post the word "test" now, but I can't edit it. 

Tabata is having the same problem, and she asked me to post in there for her. 

Icey

Quote from: Tabata on Sat 28/04/2012 09:31:39
Quote from: Insane-Icey on Sat 28/04/2012 06:56:35
I noticed that Qr quest and Tifa's ballad won't add themselves to my games list.
8-0  They really didn't?!  8-0

So you forgot to implement the newest "super-duper_does-all-by-itself-module" for sure
or didn't pay the "ferryman" ... ;)

Sorry, but I couldn't withstand!     

ahh you got me lol. Nah but I put my name in like I did the others and it just won't sync to my list. everything after Dreams -PMQ won't sync. But who knows, maybe I just misspelled my name or something.

TomatoesInTheHead

Quote from: Frodo on Sun 29/04/2012 17:57:59
Quote from: AGA on Sun 29/04/2012 17:08:28
Quote from: Frodo on Sun 29/04/2012 16:10:51
Is anyone else having a problem posting in the Forum Upgrade thread?   :confused:

Define "problem".  I just made a test post there and it went fine (I then deleted it).

Every time I post, I get a database error message.

"Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator." 

I've managed to post the word "test" now, but I can't edit it. 

Tabata is having the same problem, and she asked me to post in there for her.
Just tested it, this works for me. Maybe the database was somehow corrupted during the forum upgrade or the works thereafter?

Knoodn

Is it possible to see a people rating breakdown? Or is this gone with the new design?

(Apart from that I like the new look.)

Pumaman

the sync betwen the games page and forums was temporarily broken while we did the changeover, it should all be working again now. Let me know if you have any further problems with that.

As for the game voting detail page -- good point, I forgot about that. I'll add it back in at some point.

Pumaman

Oh also, we need a real replacement "Download Demo" button graphic for commercial games such as this:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/Games.aspx/Detail/1407/Gemini_Rue
Could someone whip one up that has a consistent look with the rest of the site?

Ryan Timothy B

Only because I'm such a kind young lad, here you go:

I wasn't sure if you wanted to keep with the current style being "Download This Demo!" or just simply use "Download Demo!".

tzachs

It seems that big words ruin the text-wrapping:

Pumaman

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Mon 30/04/2012 23:59:06
Only because I'm such a kind young lad, here you go:

Thanks! That's been replaced.

tzachs -- thanks, that was actually a problem where the blog post had non-breaking spaces in, but that's now been corrected.

Also, I've done an update so that the game length is now shown in the game detail pages, as some of you noticed it was missing.

SSH

Yes, sorry, not sure how the nbsps got in there, but I fixed it.

Tabata

Sorry, this might sound stupid,
but is it intended that no current date and time is displayed somewhere on the page?

btw
When visiting the forum as a guest, this information is not shown here also.  :-\

... or I am in need of new glasses  :sealed:

stepurhan

Quote from: AGA on Sun 29/04/2012 15:42:02
The A-Z list allows you to sort by date added.  Hopefully CJ will find the time to add other search options at some point though.
Great, thanks for letting me know.

Lt. Smash

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I just noticed that the revamped games pages no longer provide links to the other games made by the author.  I hope this is just an oversight because it's extremely useful for tracking down sequels and so forth.  Perhaps you could add another frame directly beneath the Play Games frame with 'Other Games by this Author'?

Bòógieman

Hi there!  :)

I am trying to update my game information but I always get this error:
QuoteForum verification failed. Your session may have timed out. (Auth=)

But on the edit-page it recognizes me as the game author
QuoteCurrent password:   Password not required, you are logged in as the game owner (Bòógieman)

And now after a few failed updates it does not recognize me as the game author anymore (but I am still logged in)  ???
Or at least the edit-link suddenly disappeared
>>>> END OF LINE <<<<

AGA

I'm not dealing with the site upgrade (which is what this is, hence my moving your post into that thread).  However, I suspect it may possibly be something to do with the unusual characters in your username.  If you want, you can PM me the changes you would like to be made in the meantime, and I'll make them for you until CJ can have a look and work out the reason for your problem.

Khris

tzachs

If you search for AGS in google, you get some nice sub-links for:

Games‏ - AGS Forums‏ - Download AGS‏ - Picks of the month‏

Out of of those, only the Games page is redirected to the new website, the rest of the links still show you the old website.

stu

In the Games database I can't seem to click on a screenshot thumbnail to view it full sized, instead I have to copy and paste the image URL (or drag & drop the thumbnail to a new tab).

Am I missing something, or has this been overlooked during the refurb?

Afflict

Seriously loving the new look guys :) Great job!  :-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk