New website launched, domain name moved!

Started by Pumaman, Fri 27/04/2012 17:22:05

Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

Definitely want to re-iterate the most recent games thing, especially for the very front page of the site. Could we not have the most recently added 3 games say in a list like "Most popular last week" above or below that? Or a link in the top section leading to the Completed games forum or something? :)

selmiak

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/Games.aspx/Detail/1403/Beacon

I just came across this and see no filesize. Probably because it is hosted on a free filehoster. It's 6.4Mb btw.
And as there is no long description I cannot see other games by the creator (in this case pinback). A link to the creators gameslist right in the top under the gamename would be helpful in these cases.

and a shorter link is easier to read and even more search engine friendly:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/1403/Beacon

AGA

selmiak

The journey down could really need a screenshot not only because it is always shown at the bottom of the main games page as it won enough awards, but also because it won enought awards. I think it earned a screenshot!
And speaking of screenshots, the picks of the month list will also benefit from showing the screenshots there too.

So the style for the 'rate the game' page will be converted to the new style some time sooner or later? As will all other old styled pages? Or is it helpful to track down all the pages that are still in the old style? I didn't check yet if there are any other pages besides the 'rate the game' page in old style at all, just asking...

selmiak

it's cool that the game list is now in the new style. I think there should be a better way to browse the list, which means: more links. Under the prev page next page line there should be a line with ALL page numbers just clickable there, with only 15 pages this is not that space consuming and just use a small font and we are set for the next 20 years in AGS gamemaking and only one line of pagenumber links. And it makes browsing the list so much easier than clicking next all the time or fiddeling with the url.
And also a line for ever letter in the alphabeth that has a game starting with it and a link to the first game in the list. Don\'t forget about the # and the ever so popular @specialcharacters at the start of a game name.
and just a small thing (but probably a bigger code thing): would it be possible to sort the game normally by alphabeth when sorting by rating from best to worst?

keep up the good work on the page :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk