AGS wiki moved

Started by AGA, Sun 29/04/2012 23:16:44

Previous topic - Next topic

AGA

The AGS wiki has now been moved to the AGS server.  It will now also tie in to the AGS forums, so they will use the same login details; your old AGS wiki account details won't work anymore.  All AGS forum moderators have bureaucrat (moderator) status, admins have sysop, and everyone else is a normal user.

Your AGS forums login may not work automatically, you may need to delete all your http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk cookies and log in to the AGS wiki again before it works.

I've tested it out, and it all seems to work properly.  However, if anyone spots any problems, please let me know.

monkey0506

You accidentally put a quotation mark at the end of your link for the wiki. Other than that, I dunno why my wiki username was created as "Monkey'05'06", but I just set up a redirect to the existing page I had. It would be good to make the wiki a lot more prominent I think, so this is a good step forward, and especially in keeping the official URL name association.

By the way, it seems somewhat odd having the forums in a "yabb" subdirectory (presuming it actually is even in that directory and not just rewriting the URL). Might be a good time to take advantage of the changes going around and move the forums into a "forum" or "forums" subdirectory.

Gilbert

Hopefully this can eliminate the spam problem.

I now become a normal user though, and after checking the user group rights special page it seems that there're actually no  bureaucrat users.  :undecided:

AGA

Quote from: Iceboty V7000a on Mon 30/04/2012 03:03:28
Hopefully this can eliminate the spam problem.

I now become a normal user though, and after checking the user group rights special page it seems that there're actually no  bureaucrat users.  :undecided:

AGA (Talk | contribs | block)‏‎ (administrator) [3 edits in the last 30 days]
    Gilbert (Talk | contribs | block)‏‎ (bureaucrat, administrator) [142 edits in the last 30 days]
    M0ds (Talk | contribs | block)‏‎ (bureaucrat) [10 edits in the last 30 days]
    Monkey'05'06 (Talk | contribs | block) [3 edits in the last 30 days]
    Omar35880 (Talk | contribs | block) [1 edit in the last 30 days]

Not sure why you're down as an administrator though.  The way it works is a bit strange, so I'll try to work out why it's happening.

Gilbert

Quote from: AGA on Mon 30/04/2012 07:08:45
Not sure why you're down as an administrator though.
I've talked about this "somewhere else" (I think you will notice where eventually, and I've also mentioned the 'admin.' thing). I think the users aren't acknowledged as under the correct group until either they have made some edits to the pages (seeing that the list of bureaucrat members was initially empty but not long after that m0ds was listed, possibly after his edits to some pages) or somehow messed around with updating their rights (which I did).

WHAM

If I try to add an external link toa wiki page, it gives me an error
"<recaptcha-edit>

Input error: Invalid referer "

Because of this I messed up and just lost two new pages I was trying to add. :( Note to self: from now on copy the full wiki page content to notepad or something before saving and closing the browser.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

AGA

Sorry, that was because I forgot to update the reCAPTCHA keys when I moved from ags.org to ags.co.uk. It should work now.

WHAM

Much appreciated, AGA! I'll be adding up my own games' basic info in the next few days.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk