Mare - Circus - Recruiting

Started by Johee, Mon 30/04/2012 09:46:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Johee

I am making the game "Mare - Circus".

The game is going to be in a pixelart style, in the resolution 320x240.
The story is based on the Norwegian bookseries about a boy named Mare,
I've got fully permission from the author to make a game
about his characters and the enviorment around them.

Please contact me if you are interested in working on the game. :smiley:

Doc_Savage

Can you Tell a little bit more about the story and what you seek to achieve exactly?

Johee

Hello! Thanks for replying! :grin:
Well, what I try to achieve, is to bring this authors story to life.
So more people can enjoy the story, because it's quite unique and brilliant.
I'm also hoping to make it possible to divide the game into several smaller pars or chapters.

The story goes as following:
A bearded lady named Esmeralda, finds what she think is a drowned boy in the river while she's taking her morning bath.
She brings the poor boy back to the circus where she's working as a kind of "freak". Mare doesn't know who he is, or where he came from.
The circus director Caravaggio doesn't like Mare. He alone decides to give Mare away at the next orphanage.
But the bearded lady and the rest of the circus members really starts to like Mare. And therefore he's allowed to stay.
And there is also a good var variation of tasks and problems that needs to be solved.

I chose this story, because I really see alot of potential in this story.
And there is also alot of great places to be discovered, and alot of tasks to be done.
There is also alot of friendships and relationships going on between the
different characters both in and outside the circus.

A picture of Mare (The Main character):
http://www.lydbokforlaget.no/files/lydbokforlaget/ubercart_images/9788242138736.jpg

NOTE: That is only a quick touch of the story. There is plenty more room for dramatizating and extensions! :wink:

Doc_Savage

Did you do the desing of this image ? It is quite beautiful i must say.
So if I understand you are searching for everything except a designer is that so?

Johee

No that's from the book itself :wink:
My cousin is helping me out a little with the art though:
http://pidgeon-queen.deviantart.com/art/Mare-2-175536336?q=boost%3Apopular%20pidgeon-queen&qo=28
Thats just a concept drawing of Mare :tongue:
Well, kinda yes actually.
Thanks!

Something13

I'd be willing to do the music for this project. Here is a link to my website so you can get a small taste of what I do. http://blue.butler.edu/~tfrankli/Tony_Franklin_-_Composer/Video_Game_Music.html

Contact me via my email listed on my site or of course feel free to use the AGS messaging too.

Look forward to working with you!
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley

LTGiants2000

Looks interesting....if you end up needing voice acting, send me a message...I am pretty versatile. Thx!

Jakey

I'm new to AGS, and looking to get involved in some projects. I have a fair amount of programming experience. Glad to help in anyway I can :D

alix2468

Hi! I would be happy to help with any proofreading you might require. I have a decent amount of proofreading experience. I did some proofreading for one game that was never completed (that was actually part proofreading, part translation from French) and also have done some proofreading for a foreign GTA site. That was purely cleaning up their translation. I really like this sort of work, so please let me know if you need any help and I can send you some examples of my work.
Buster: We have unlimited juice? (Laughs.) This party is going to be off the hook!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk