The Walking Dead

Started by Grim, Fri 04/05/2012 01:09:00

Previous topic - Next topic

EchosofNezhyt

Thats one of the few games I'm looking forward too. But I don't have any consoles anymore.

Tabata

Quote from: selmiak on Wed 04/07/2012 13:25:19
maybe you'll like the last of us:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me0onHb4FTg

WOW!  ~   This is like cinema
... all those little details and such smooth animations and changing the view by "pivoting of the camera" ...  :shocked:

WOW – just "WOOOW!"

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Tabata on Wed 04/07/2012 18:39:21
Quote from: selmiak on Wed 04/07/2012 13:25:19
maybe you'll like the last of us:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me0onHb4FTg

WOW!  ~   This is like cinema
... all those little details and such smooth animations and changing the view by "pivoting of the camera" ...  :shocked:
Haven't noticed anything I didn't saw in Max Payne 3 :P, except for maybe animations are more elegant.
Guess that is becoming graphics standard now.

...and in fact that's little sad. If I saw that a year ago, I would be excited as much. Am I getting too used to all those wonders?

Grim

Playing it now. Finally!!! European PS3 owners have raged for days about the delay... Well, got some crisps and a can of Fosters and it's time to punch some zombies:)

ThreeOhFour

Well, for people who hate the adventure game styling, Activision are doing a shooter based on the IP.

I bet you're all 9000000000% excited for this now  :cheesy:

Ponch

A chance to play as a pair of racist, motorcycle riding, zombie killing, skinhead brothers? Man, I've waited my entire life for a game like this! It's like the Mario brothers all over again (only Merle and Daryl are less murderous than Mario and Luigi).  :cheesy:

Now if only somebody would convince Naughty Dog to release The Last Of Us for PC instead of making it a Playstation exclusive. Damn, that game looks so sweet! :cry:

suttonmitchell

I thought that crap was gonna be console only. I didn't think they would be able to do this since the adventure game already took the name?
Aspiring adventure developer & avid gamer.

Anian

Well the 3rd episode is out on all platforms. Played it through and...again some choices you are presented with are not accurate in what result they'll bring (the tone of the written line and what the characters says is sometimes contradictory), that kind of messed me up on a couple of occasions.
Still continuing their trick of how to keep the number of branching stories low, by getting rid of characters and introducing new ones. To be honest I haven't played it thorough more than once (maybe I'll do that when the whole game comes out) so I'm not yet sure which characters might have been saved, but I doubt it.
Spoiler
I'm guessing I could've saved Carley instead of Ben, but I'll go along with this scenario
[close]

As far as I've seen on the end statistics screen, it seems the choices are ambiguous almost to perfection, since the decisions are kept near the 50%...I'm guessing that's good work on the writer's part. The story is getting interesting, though it's the middle on so it's also kind of meandering a lot.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Grim

Is it out in Europe yet?... Last time there was a bit of a gap between American and European release (at least for PS3), so I'm trying not to get my hopes up yet;)

Anian

The site says it should be. On pc it is, since I have a European Steam account.

Chicky

Quote from: Anian on Sat 01/09/2012 14:15:17
Well the 3rd episode is out on all platforms. Played it through and...again some choices you are presented with are not accurate in what result they'll bring (the tone of the written line and what the characters says is sometimes contradictory), that kind of messed me up on a couple of occasions.
Still continuing their trick of how to keep the number of branching stories low, by getting rid of characters and introducing new ones. To be honest I haven't played it thorough more than once (maybe I'll do that when the whole game comes out) so I'm not yet sure which characters might have been saved, but I doubt it.
Spoiler
I'm guessing I could've saved Carley instead of Ben, but I'll go along with this scenario
[close]

As far as I've seen on the end statistics screen, it seems the choices are ambiguous almost to perfection, since the decisions are kept near the 50%...I'm guessing that's good work on the writer's part. The story is getting interesting, though it's the middle on so it's also kind of meandering a lot.

I agree with this, completely. I'm not a fan of the latest episode. I did a lot of replays to try and change one of the story arcs, it was completely unavoidable.

Anian

Quote from: Chicky on Sun 02/09/2012 01:56:45I agree with this, completely. I'm not a fan of the latest episode. I did a lot of replays to try and change one of the story arcs, it was completely unavoidable.
The story progression wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have that feeling that it was only not to branch out too much.

4th episode out, ends in a cliffhanger...again. Although this time, before the end, there'll be a point where you'll see what I think was supposed to be the game all along (decisions mattering).
Some cool twists and some cool new characters, but everything is kind of stretched out just a tad too much. Really no puzzles at all (even though there's real legitimate opportunities for them), but more action/QTE stuff, which I guess is nice for the change of pacing.

All in all I like where this episode left things at, except that the whole plot line with (the next spoilers are for when you finish the 4th episode as well)
Spoiler
the walkie talkie, just doesn't look it can go anywhere that good (although I hope I'm wrong). There seems to be the option that Oberson (Crawford leader) will be the shadowy man and this whole 2nd part of the episode was a backstory for that, but I don't know if the shadowy persona is him.

Also, even though I've been on Kenny's side more than often, the prick wouldn't go with me to find Clem, but thankfully everybody else did. Kenny might get messed up if Vernon and his team or the walkie-talkie guy try to take the boat though...we'll see.

Oh, and the way Crawford fell, was actually a pretty good twist.
[close]

Anian

The season finale releases November 20th , for PSN in North America, November 21st for everyone else, across all platforms!

Grim

Yay!!!  :)

I have to admit this game so far has been pretty damn good. Can't wait to see how it ends! (although living in UK I'll be one of the last to find out...)

Anian

First of all STAY THROUGH AND AFTER THE CREDITS! There's an extra ending.
Well this one was rather, I'm guessing it's best for a finale and all.

Wow, ending would be so much better if there wasn't a achievement technical glitch (I'm guessing by comments read so far) and the fact that in the end:
Spoiler
1. I get what they were trying to do with the guy knowing what decisions you made through the game, but I'm kind of sorry you couldn't make the guy guilt trip enough so he kills himself. Plus the whole thing is just really coincidental. Besides I wanted to leave a part of the supplies behind at that stupid car, but the game was like "All or nothing, you're a cruel man either way"

2. I told Clem to go to the train (figured since we looked at the coast and saw no more boats, that there weren't any boats, besides, both wanted to go into the country side) but the after credits clip shows a countryside and Clem alone WHAT THE HELL!?

Personally I'm getting on the first boat I can in a zombie apocalypse, there's plenty of islands here where you can be safe...
[close]

Anian

I know there were no posts here for a long time, but 400 Days DLC episode is out this week:
"The first piece of downloadable content for Telltale Game's critically acclaimed The Walking Dead adventure game comes out this week for the PC, Xbox 360 and the PS3. It should be out now on PSN, will be out tomorrow for PC users, and Xbox 360 gamers should see it pop up on Friday. The iOS version comes out next week, and PSVita owners will have to wait until August. Better still, if you bought The Walking Dead: Season 1 on Telltale's official store, 400 Days will be a free download, as a thank you from Telltale. This offer extends to any future purchases of Season 1.
Everywhere else it will cost $4.99, or the equivalent value in MS points."

san.daniele

how could I have missed that!
god, I'm really excited now! Too bad I read this 2 days too early, now I can't wait that long.

and thanks for re-opening this old topic, so I can write a few words. IMO the walking dead is the best thing that could have happened to video games in general. apart from personally loving every moment of it, I think it managed to bring AAA games to a new level (actually, it probably can't be consider AAA, but it managed to compete in that category after it's success). It's exactly what I consider a perfect adventure. It's not so much about long and complicated puzzles, more taking the player on that 'adventure' and making him care (and hell did I care!).

I think we all dream about making/playing a video game where decisions really matter. I don't care if the decisions in TWD actually mattered or not from a storytelling point of view, but that's not the point. What matters, is that it does a perfect job in convincing you that your decisions DO matter. I heard people complaining along the lines of "i played through it again making different decisions and it turned out it all ends in a similar way. So the freedom of choice isn't real.". Well … doh! What do you expect?! And what is "freedom of choice"? Can you even prove there is such a thing in real life?

Anian

So...season 2, they're taking in preorders already. First episode comes out "before Christmas" and then they say 4-6 weeks between episodes...which I think is a bloody long time.
Some choices will carry on from S1 and the 400 dlc (haven't bought the DLC yet, waiting on a sale) and the story continues from the end of season 1.

Season 1 had trouble with keeping the pace of issuing new episodes, now with TT working parallely on The wolf among us series...there's gonna be even more trouble.

EDIT: deleted where you can get discounts of the game, just installed DLC and now all my save games are gone...f***-ing great

David Ostman

Quote from: Anian on Wed 30/10/2013 18:32:24Season 1 had trouble with keeping the pace of issuing new episodes, now with TT working parallely on The wolf among us series...there's gonna be even more trouble.
There's also a chance we'll get the games in a more punctual fashion. They've learned a lot from Season 1 and have probably streamlined their process, workflow, and tools so they can crank episodes out like Willy Wonka does candy! :) I think they've also been able to hire more people (not saying more cooks are necessarily better, but it helps if you're going to stretch yourself thin).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk