Author Topic: PISS - SUMMERBATCH!!  (Read 33730 times)

Ghost

Re: PISS
« Reply #20 on: 05 May 2012, 17:31 »
And I thought you were DEAD, Ben! That was, what, three weeks without a game?  :-D
Looking forward to this. I hope there will be a LEAKED beta  (laugh)

Ponch

• AGS Baker
  • Do the bump!
    • Lifetime Achievement Award Winner
    • Ponch worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Ponch worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #21 on: 05 May 2012, 18:59 »
I hope there will be a LEAKED beta  (laugh)

Ah ha, I see what you did there!

This game looks very cool, Ben. I'm liking the larger sprites. More detail (and much more legginess!)  :=

« Reply #22 on: 05 May 2012, 19:54 »
I second that, I too like the direction in which your spriting style is evolving. Higher res, more detailed sprites, pure pixels - great! If you have worked on your style in the past months, then it really shows.

WHAM

• WHAMGAMES
    • I can help with AGS tutoring
    • I can help with play testing
    • I can help with scripting
    • I can help with story design
    • I can help with translating
    • I can help with voice acting
    • WHAM worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • WHAM worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #23 on: 05 May 2012, 22:18 »
I just can't get over the fact that the cow-guy (I think that's Ponch, by the way) has such low-cut pants that his pubic hair is showing... That's just... eugh! Indecent!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: One More Fathom!

ThreeOhFour

• AGS Baker
  • Wild colonial boy.
    • ThreeOhFour worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • ThreeOhFour worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #24 on: 06 May 2012, 06:25 »
Fitz: Hooray for stripy socks  ;-D

Gameboy: Cheers  :)

Ghost: Ahahaha "leaked beta". Serves me right  :grin:

Ponch: If your games have taught me anything, it's that legginess counts! (and boobiness and bumminess)

Kastchey: I have, and I am glad to hear. Thanks!

WHAM: *silently adds a second chalk line to the "number of people I've offended with PISS" board*  := (ps it's a crocodile-goat-man, not a cow-guy. If I was going to put Ponch in a game he'd only be wearing a robe and be surrounded by a harem of ladies, of course)

Pinback

• beyond cathode rays
    • Pinback worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Pinback worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #25 on: 09 May 2012, 06:47 »
Looks bloody beautiful! Sounds very intruiging to boot. Heck, I'm sold:)

Dualnames

• AGS Baker
  • Rottwheelers
  • Pretty Badass
    • Dualnames worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Dualnames worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #26 on: 09 May 2012, 17:57 »
When you wonder why can't you make a good game, it's vitally important to look at Ben304's profile. He always makes me feel bad about myself.  :~(
No more military army stuff. I'm alive and back.

m0ds

« Reply #27 on: 09 May 2012, 22:37 »
And to think a few neo-nazi Greeks will be able to pay a few mere euro cents for this. Nice work Ben!

ThreeOhFour

• AGS Baker
  • Wild colonial boy.
    •  
« Reply #28 on: 11 May 2012, 13:42 »
Pinback: Considering how much I admire your work, I take that as a very big compliment indeed! Thanks!

Dualnames: Oh, hush you.

m0ds: I consider myself completely non-prejudicial with regards to who wants to give us money. Even if they're neo-nazis, I guess.

In an exciting update, I've done a little developer diary! Check the first post!

Re: PISS - Dev diary in first post!
« Reply #29 on: 20 May 2012, 12:38 »
LOL @ "PISS", I don't think I could come up with a pun everyone else hasn't already used :grin: Everything looks kick-ass just everything you do cuz you rock that hard. Hell, if you made a game where a stick figure watched paint dry I would download it. Cuz like I said, you rock that hard.
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

ThreeOhFour

• AGS Baker
  • Wild colonial boy.
    •  
Re: PISS - Dev diary in first post!
« Reply #30 on: 20 May 2012, 22:31 »
Thank you! I have added "Stickman: Paint Observer" to my list of games I need to make  (nod)

To celebrate the fact that I painted the last scene for PISS this weekend, and because CosmoQueen is so lovely, I shall show another screenshot! It's not my favourite by a long way, but the ones I really like would spoil things a lot if I showed them now, so this will have to do. Behold:

« Last Edit: 21 May 2012, 08:02 by PONYHEAD »

selmiak

• ǝsıɔɹǝxǝ ʞɔǝu puɐ uıɐɹq
    • I can help with play testing
    • I can help with proof reading
    • I can help with translating
    • I can help with web design
    • selmiak worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • selmiak worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
Re: PISS - Neeeew Screenshot!
« Reply #31 on: 21 May 2012, 00:33 »
wow, some seriously nice reflections you got there.

But now I'm wondering, why is the cursor a hand wearing leather gloves while the girl that is in every picture and is probably the player character isn't wearing leather gloves. Or is it a hawk's head? ;)

« Reply #32 on: 21 May 2012, 00:36 »
Absolutely love that floor. You're getting quite talented Ben.

Ghost

« Reply #33 on: 21 May 2012, 02:08 »
Lovely head mural on the left wall. Stylish and slick. Makes me think of Mass Effect, but these days, pretty much everything does  ;-D

Also, nice to see a classic cursor!

« Reply #34 on: 21 May 2012, 03:23 »
Daaaawwww thank you!! And that is absolutely gorgeous! I love how shiny and reflective that floor is. Lovely little detailed things like that make me happy :)
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

« Reply #35 on: 21 May 2012, 13:24 »
That blue guy - best sprite yet.

Oh and NICE PISS FLOOR, BEN.

Armageddon

• Likes apples and nuts
    • Armageddon worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Armageddon worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #36 on: 21 May 2012, 22:57 »
So Be- er er, Ponyhead. How did you do the reflections for the moving character?

ThreeOhFour

• AGS Baker
  • Wild colonial boy.
    •  
« Reply #37 on: 22 May 2012, 02:47 »
selmiak: Thanks Chris. The cursor is a sneaky reference to the pointer cursor from Baldur's Gate because 1. I am a nerd and 2. Most of the rest of the game is basically a Planescape: Torment fangame (without being in the Planescape setting or an RPG) and I thought I'd better mimic at least one thing from another game. Also, it's a recoloured version of the cursor from <3 which was a Baldur's Gate/Torment pseudo fangame as well, and I am too lazy to come up with another cursor. That, and having the leather bit adds contrast to the cursor, meaning that it's more easily found on a screen than a cursor of just a single hue.

RT: Thanks man. Don't see you around much these days, hope you're working on games like a good fellow.

Ghost: Thank you, sir! I have not played Mass Effect, but perhaps one day I shall.

CosmoQueen: Once again you are most kind. Thanks! :D

Chicky: THANKS BRO HAHA

Armageddon: When I did it back in 2009 for Fragment I used a character following the main character everywhere, but it was a terrible way of doing it, which lagged and was clumsy in code. Since then I learned how to use DrawingSurfaces, and so I simply created a dynamic sprite of the main character's graphic and flipped it upside down and made it transparent, which I am pretty sure is how CalinLeafshade did it in Eternally Us (although I can't do the fancy splitting a sprite into slices like he can). It's quite neat and works nicely.

Armageddon

• Likes apples and nuts
    • Armageddon worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Armageddon worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #38 on: 22 May 2012, 03:56 »
Could you explain that a little more? I need some reflections in my game at the moment and don't know how to do it.

ThreeOhFour

• AGS Baker
  • Wild colonial boy.
    •  
« Reply #39 on: 22 May 2012, 04:26 »
Depends on exactly what you want. PM me specifics so we don't get this thread offtopic  :)