PISS - SUMMERBATCH!!

Started by ThreeOhFour, Fri 04/05/2012 13:53:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost

And I thought you were DEAD, Ben! That was, what, three weeks without a game?  :-D
Looking forward to this. I hope there will be a LEAKED beta  (laugh)

Ponch

Quote from: Ghost on Sat 05/05/2012 17:31:18
I hope there will be a LEAKED beta  (laugh)

Ah ha, I see what you did there!

This game looks very cool, Ben. I'm liking the larger sprites. More detail (and much more legginess!)  :=

Kastchey

I second that, I too like the direction in which your spriting style is evolving. Higher res, more detailed sprites, pure pixels - great! If you have worked on your style in the past months, then it really shows.

WHAM

I just can't get over the fact that the cow-guy (I think that's Ponch, by the way) has such low-cut pants that his pubic hair is showing... That's just... eugh! Indecent!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

ThreeOhFour

Fitz: Hooray for stripy socks  ;-D

Gameboy: Cheers  :)

Ghost: Ahahaha "leaked beta". Serves me right  :grin:

Ponch: If your games have taught me anything, it's that legginess counts! (and boobiness and bumminess)

Kastchey: I have, and I am glad to hear. Thanks!

WHAM: *silently adds a second chalk line to the "number of people I've offended with PISS" board*  := (ps it's a crocodile-goat-man, not a cow-guy. If I was going to put Ponch in a game he'd only be wearing a robe and be surrounded by a harem of ladies, of course)

Pinback

Looks bloody beautiful! Sounds very intruiging to boot. Heck, I'm sold:)

Dualnames

When you wonder why can't you make a good game, it's vitally important to look at Ben304's profile. He always makes me feel bad about myself.  :~(
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

m0ds

And to think a few neo-nazi Greeks will be able to pay a few mere euro cents for this. Nice work Ben!

ThreeOhFour

Pinback: Considering how much I admire your work, I take that as a very big compliment indeed! Thanks!

Dualnames: Oh, hush you.

m0ds: I consider myself completely non-prejudicial with regards to who wants to give us money. Even if they're neo-nazis, I guess.

In an exciting update, I've done a little developer diary! Check the first post!

CosmoQueen

LOL @ "PISS", I don't think I could come up with a pun everyone else hasn't already used :grin: Everything looks kick-ass just everything you do cuz you rock that hard. Hell, if you made a game where a stick figure watched paint dry I would download it. Cuz like I said, you rock that hard.
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

ThreeOhFour

Thank you! I have added "Stickman: Paint Observer" to my list of games I need to make  (nod)

To celebrate the fact that I painted the last scene for PISS this weekend, and because CosmoQueen is so lovely, I shall show another screenshot! It's not my favourite by a long way, but the ones I really like would spoil things a lot if I showed them now, so this will have to do. Behold:

selmiak

wow, some seriously nice reflections you got there.

But now I'm wondering, why is the cursor a hand wearing leather gloves while the girl that is in every picture and is probably the player character isn't wearing leather gloves. Or is it a hawk's head? ;)

Ryan Timothy B

Absolutely love that floor. You're getting quite talented Ben.

Ghost

Lovely head mural on the left wall. Stylish and slick. Makes me think of Mass Effect, but these days, pretty much everything does  ;-D

Also, nice to see a classic cursor!

CosmoQueen

Daaaawwww thank you!! And that is absolutely gorgeous! I love how shiny and reflective that floor is. Lovely little detailed things like that make me happy :)
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Chicky

That blue guy - best sprite yet.

Oh and NICE PISS FLOOR, BEN.

Armageddon

So Be- er er, Ponyhead. How did you do the reflections for the moving character?

ThreeOhFour

selmiak: Thanks Chris. The cursor is a sneaky reference to the pointer cursor from Baldur's Gate because 1. I am a nerd and 2. Most of the rest of the game is basically a Planescape: Torment fangame (without being in the Planescape setting or an RPG) and I thought I'd better mimic at least one thing from another game. Also, it's a recoloured version of the cursor from <3 which was a Baldur's Gate/Torment pseudo fangame as well, and I am too lazy to come up with another cursor. That, and having the leather bit adds contrast to the cursor, meaning that it's more easily found on a screen than a cursor of just a single hue.

RT: Thanks man. Don't see you around much these days, hope you're working on games like a good fellow.

Ghost: Thank you, sir! I have not played Mass Effect, but perhaps one day I shall.

CosmoQueen: Once again you are most kind. Thanks! :D

Chicky: THANKS BRO HAHA

Armageddon: When I did it back in 2009 for Fragment I used a character following the main character everywhere, but it was a terrible way of doing it, which lagged and was clumsy in code. Since then I learned how to use DrawingSurfaces, and so I simply created a dynamic sprite of the main character's graphic and flipped it upside down and made it transparent, which I am pretty sure is how CalinLeafshade did it in Eternally Us (although I can't do the fancy splitting a sprite into slices like he can). It's quite neat and works nicely.

Armageddon

Could you explain that a little more? I need some reflections in my game at the moment and don't know how to do it.

ThreeOhFour

Depends on exactly what you want. PM me specifics so we don't get this thread offtopic  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk