PISS - SUMMERBATCH!!

Started by ThreeOhFour, Fri 04/05/2012 13:53:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Dualnames

Was it ever on-topic? Also why are you ponyhead?

Shamefully due to an imgur thingie related thingie, I can't see any of the wonderful images posted. At least I had a chance to see them before this topic was created.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Darth Mandarb

ThreeOhFour

And I've done a neeeew developer diary, this time about character design!

ThreeOhFour

Just in case the updates I've given here simply aren't enough, I've started a development journal where you can watch me go from "Hooray, another productive day" (like I am now) to "oh sweet merciful Chris Sawyer this will never get done in time" (check back for this phase closer to the deadline).

Enjoy  ;-D

ThreeOhFour

The screenshots were all outdated so they've all been replaced with newer ones!

We're fairly close to beta - not sure exactly when we'll get there, but the end is in sight. This is easily the most complex game I've built, so there's a lot to tweak and fix, which is slowing things down, but bit by bit it's getting done.

Sephiroth

I'm particularly intrested in this game, a serious theme and nice graphics (as usual). I like all those fancy things like reflection, sparkling cursor etc, and while you seem to be describing it like a 'half-ass' attempt, anyone can see a lot of effort went into this game so I'm highly anticipating 8-)

The best of luck!

thiezar

You're an artist! I'm going to play ALL your games.

EchosofNezhyt

Pretty, I really like the shading on the dead body.

ThreeOhFour

Thank you.

Game is like 95% done. Plan to be at beta on the weekend, and then will just be polishing, touching up, fixing and finalizing from then on.

Have some screenshots:

<3 Ben

AJA

Yay, looking sweet, Ben! Can't wait to play the finished product! Or, you know, the full beta. ;-D

Crimson Wizard

Hmm, from all the Ben304's games this seem to be most colorful. In terms of saturation amount. :)

Andail

Looking good, Ben, really a step forward graphic-wise!

EchosofNezhyt

http://i.imgur.com/YIR9w.png

By far my favorite screenshot.

Game looks interesting!

edit by darth - image changed to link

Ilyich

Ooh, gorgeous new screens! Some crazy detailing there, and look at all those lamps! It's lamplicious! ;D

Ghost

I am a-tingly with anticipation! Any info on "estimated game length" compared to your other games?

Please release soon so that I can PISS myself!

Armageddon

That last picture looks too amazing. I was wondering, do you use perspective lines when drawing?

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

That background with the skulls and water is just phenomenal.  I'd take my hat off but I don't have one.

Kweepa

Looks awesome.
May I suggest Character.Tint()?
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

ThreeOhFour

Thank you, very encouraging comments. It is the most saturated game in terms of colour, this is something I've been pushing myself to do.

I didn't realize that I picked screenshots with an abundance of lamps until Ilyich pointed it out! I like lamps  :cheesy:

With regards to game length, I honestly have no idea. I can pretty much say with certainty it's *easily* the longest game I've done, and it's certainly the biggest. I wanna say it's about the length of 2 ~airwaves~ but I can't be sure. Release date is scheduled for around the end of July.

I do use perspective lines when drawing, but extremely rarely. None of these scenes were done with perspective lines, and the ones that I do use it for I usually like the least.

Character tinting is definitely on my list of things to do!

Thanks again, all :)

Surdy

Hey Ben, what your title 'PISS' exactly means ?

Are you interested in a free french translation ? (I'm not busy these day it's would be a real pleasure for me :).

Otherwise, I've always loved your graphic style ;): it's wonderful all these cheerful colours !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk