Anyone Ever Got This problem ?

Started by Doc_Savage, Sat 05/05/2012 00:52:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc_Savage

Hi There :)

It is pretty rare that I have a problem to play ags games but rarely I get this, do you ever encountered this and what was the actual solution?

www.super-piano.com/erro1.jpg

Is it my computer that had the problem or is it the developer's problem?

thanks in advance :)

Ryan Timothy B

Sounds like a pointer to a non-existent dynamic sprite (one that got prematurely deleted). Do you have a sprite numbered 228 in your sprite manager?

Doc_Savage

- That problem occur when I try to open an .exe of a game compiled. I can open ags and go to the sprite manager but to check what exacly?

Ghost

The game tries to draw an object using a sprite numbered as 228. The error most likely means that there isn't a sprite 228 in the sprite available. That's likely to happen if you iterate through a sequence.
Open up the sprite manager and look if you have a sprite with the number 228; if there isn't one, that IS the error.

If this happens in a game you didn't work on (of which you only have an exe), you should contact the game's author, since he's the only one able to fix it.

Doc_Savage

I will do so because I have just the execute file. Thanks :)

cianty

Hi all,

it's my game he has the problem with. I don't get the error and the sprite does exist. The exe has run on other machines just fine before.

This is probably the code leading to the problem:

function room_Load()
{
  SetFadeColor(0, 0, 0);
  disable_gui();
  oIntro.Graphic = 228;

What I don't get is: Why does the problem only happen on Doc_Savage's machine?
ca. 70% completed

Ryan Timothy B

Have you tried to rebuild the files and send them to him again? There may have been a compiling problem, a zipping problem, or an issue with him downloading it.

cat

Doc_Savage

The problem has been resolved for me : I had to go into the ags setup of that particular game and then, click on the button ''Advance'' and chose the maximum amount of mb allowed  - the default is set to 20mb and I putted it to 100mb.

If you encounter that problem yourself, Alan Drake suggested to that you set the default mb higher for your game.

cat

Great that you have discovered this! I didn't even know that this setting existed...
I did use a lot of large sprites with alpha channel in my game, and memory limitations can explain why the error did not always occur.

deadlockuk

I personally had a very similar error message and the reason was that somehow my GUI element Button was located out of the GUI image screen, that caused the game to randomly crash. Just a side not to above mentioned reasons :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk