Between the Pillars of Creation

Started by Cogliostro, Tue 08/05/2012 04:34:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Adeel

Ah, I feel so fresh to see a 3d red head beauty. :cool:

kaput

Glad to see that Ariel the mermaid will be in on this adventure :shocked: Nah, but seriously, best of luck with this Cog! Keeping my eye on it.

Cogliostro

After a few months delay, here's another update.

In this, the hero and I have much in common.

"Between the Pillars of Creation" is now playable from beginning to end - the way I originally envisioned it!!  I will plug away at the bugs as I find them and start beta testing on March 1st.  (PM me if your interested in helping.)  While I'm at it, I plan on adding a bunch of dialog so the heroine is sufficiently stroppy. 

- Cogliostro
"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." - Dr. Who

Tabata

Quote from: Cogliostro on Wed 12/02/2014 14:03:39
"Between the Pillars of Creation" is now playable from beginning to end ...
  YAY!
  These are really good news - can't wait to start   

kaput

Quote from: Cogliostro on Wed 12/02/2014 14:03:39
"Between the Pillars of Creation" is now playable from beginning to end ...

Good to hear! Looks good, Cog. If you still need testers I'd be happy to help out.

Wayne Adams

The pillars of creation were destroyed by a super nova a long time ago. :(

Cogliostro

Yeah, I doubt I'll look the same in 7000 years either.  :wink: 

It was a tough call, but when you actually reach the nebula, none of the "familiar" formations are present.

- Cogliostro

Cogliostro

BETA TESTING being put off until mid April as new rooms and thread ideas continue to assert themselves. As new opportunities arise, I am also thinking of adding more music and voices.

VOICE OVERS: I managed to get an entire radio theater crew to agree to do the voice overs.

MUSIC: First, Jeff Foreman stepped up to help with background music.

Ya know, the credits for this game are growing REALLY long for something that began as a one man project.

FINALLY: In the star ship there is a recreational area called "Siren Street".  The billboard with the mermaid is posted right outside the entrance.  Later, I heard a group, called Sirena, performing a song at the renaissance festival and this song perfectly captured the mood I wanted for this scene in the game.  These women can sing, dance, have the right look, created their costumes and makeup, write their own lyrics and music, play instruments, and choreograph their moves?!  Impressive barely describes it.  Click on the pic to check out their website if you like...

Anyhow, I asked for permission to use their song in the game, and they said YES!

Looking back at the name of the room, the mermaid, the musicians, and their stage presence/image...  I'm not even sure what word describes this line up.  Synchronicity?  Serendipity?

Anyone else ever run into this?

- Cogliostro

AprilSkies

Good news.
I listened to their music. They are very good!!!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Mandle

Quote from: AprilSkies on Mon 31/03/2014 15:40:55
Good news.
I listened to their music. They are very good!!!

Not to mention hot!

AAAaaaaRRRROOOOOOOOOOO!!!

kaput

Nice work, Cogliostro, good to see things are coming along and you're getting some great talent on board (nod). Looking forward to play, as always. I really enjoyed your earlier stuff so looking forward to this. Give me a shout when you get a bit of spare time, yeah?

Cogliostro

Finally decided how to handle it when the characters die...  the instant rewind.

Having to backtrack to your last saved game always ticked me off.  So why do it to anyone else.

- Cogliostro

AprilSkies

Amazing! The three Parcae! (Or maybe you use to call them the three Fates in english)

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Cogliostro

Cogliostro

ALPHA testing is going MUCH slower than I planned for.  Somehow I always get it in my head that - unlike all of my previous games - *THIS* time my bugs and mistakes will be easy to fix.

Anyhow, while I'm rambling, here's a new screenshot.

Jason steps outside of the ship to see what's wrong with the antenna.

- Cogliostro

Cogliostro

One of the beta testers discovered that Enyo - one of the three shipboard astronomers - is a huge fan of Ponch!!

- Cogliostro

Cogliostro

Before going ahead and reworking all of the GUIs I backed up the entire game development folder to DropBox last Friday.  Saturday my hard drive crashed.

I forget whose misfortune prompted the discussion of "remote backups", but "Between the Pillars of Creation" has survived a near deletion experience.

- Cogliostro

NickyNyce

You welcome.

Thank goodness, because this looks great!

Slasher

Phew..............................(laugh)

Back on course then (nod)

Backup Backup Backup.... I've learnt that from bitter experience (nod)

Hope to see game out soon...

Cogliostro

Added several rooms and screens to the beginning which lets me show the world to the player through game play rather than a data dump.  Which is a much better way of getting things done.  However, it also means I have to redesign most of my GUIs.  *sigh*

- Cogliostro

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk