[RECRUITED] Seaside Sunset (Artist, Musician)

Started by HHErebus, Wed 09/05/2012 20:06:54

Previous topic - Next topic

HHErebus

Hi!

First of all, apologies if this is not the right place to post about this; I looked through every section, and this seems to be the most pertinent.

My name is Christian, I'm a "programmer-in-progress" (as in, only made stupidly small games to learn how to code and accustom myself to the workflow). Nice to meet you all!
This past year I thaught myself Java and ActionScript3, and I recently decided it was time to move on to more "serious" developing. Problem is, while I have the whole game planned and fleshed out on paper, I'm not sure AGS would be the right fit. This is where your expertise as a community comes in.

Project:
Sunset Seaside - A story about suicide and living with one's demons

Details:
The game will be of the more introspective kind, it's the story of a friend who recently committed suicide, told in two parts. The two parts play at the same time though, which means I will have the screen split in two. With a 640x480 res we're talking about the top part being 640x300 and the lower one being 640x180, or something along these lines. The gist of it is, big part on top, smaller part on the bottom. I'm not sure I want to divulge the details of the story, suffice to say that we're talking about an adolescent, so the tone will be generally prone to sudden changes, with hope and disturbing moments.
Another problem is with the various layers: is it possible to have something like this (view from the top, the viewer is looking at this from the right)

|background|"playable"-ground|foreground <- - - viewer

with the background and foreground "parallaxing"?

Positions Available:
I royally suck at both art AND music. I tried my hand at both of them multiple times, mind you, the result is just no good though: I don't want to develop a sorry excuse for a game, so I'm asking help on these ones. For both positions I'm open to anyone's ideas (not really the time to be picky) and help.

Deadline:
I can't say. This is my first game, so any evaluation would turn out to be grossly incorrect to say the least. Again, this game is going to get finished no matter what, it's just that it'll be my first time working with others, and I simply have no idea. You'll have to accept my ignorance  :tongue:
If I have to set a deadline (or you'll come cut me in my sleep) I'd say a year from now. The second sentence still applies to this estimate though.

Comments
Do reply to this thread if you're interested and/or want to offer some advice, or criticism. You can also contact me at christian.fratta@theindieshelter.com and we'll have a chat to see if you're a good fit :)

So, to close this off: I hope I did everything right, and thanks for your attention :)
QuoteSomewhere where this is set there is a generator pumping out a massive field of stupid.

Something13

Hi!

First of let me say that I'd like to help you by writing the music for your game.  :smiley: I like the story line and the basic idea that you have going and you seem like you're dedicated enough to actually get it done. Here's my website http://blue.butler.edu/~tfrankli/Tony_Franklin_-_Composer/Video_Game_Music.html.

I look forward to working with you on this!  :cheesy:
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley

HHErebus

QuoteSomewhere where this is set there is a generator pumping out a massive field of stupid.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk