AGS engine iOS port

Started by JJS, Sun 13/05/2012 16:41:09

Previous topic - Next topic

JanetC

I've noticed that games forked from my version are reporting to my Crashlytics account. Could you turn off that feature or redirect it to your own Crashlytics account please?

To do this, search the code for Crashlytics and remove those things, remove the Crashlytics framework, and also remove from the "Run Script" phase.

jannar85

Can someone please help me run this?

I've created "/var/mobile/documents/ags/game" and changed all the permissions to all.
I've placed a copy of The Blackwell Legacy in a directory called blackwell1 inside the game folder.
This folder also all the permissions.
I've renamed the exe to ac2game.dat

Then, I run AGS and I get this error:
You must create and save a game first in the AGS editor before you can use this engine.

If you have just downloaded AGS, you are probably running the wrong exe.
Run AGSeditor.exe to run the editor.

(Unable to find the game data file in any of the known locations)
Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

edmundito

I've been having issues building the iOS engine for a device with the latest code from github. It seems that some things have changed in OSX 10.9 (Mavericks) where the build shell scripts are no longer building unless some modifications are made (the paths have changed).

Has anyone else run into this issue? Are there a workaround steps I could follow?
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

tsode

Hi everyone!

I have installed AGS in iPhone. I created the file "ios.cfg" and placed it into "/var/mobile/Documents/ags/" with the configuration shown in

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=46040.20#msg619959

with the setting "mouse_method = 1" for relative mouse movement but doesn't work ???. File has read execution and write permissions for the group and user mobile.

Rotation setting is 0 but i can rotate the screen. Seems like ags is not reading the configuration file :~(

Can anyone help, please?

Thank you in advance! :)

tsode

I realized that the "ios.cfg" file must placed it into "/var/mobile/Documents/ags/game/" and not into "/var/mobile/Documents/ags/". At least this works for me, because rotation setting works inside this path.

When i set "mouse_method = 1" for relative mouse movement, the cursor doesn't move, while setting "mouse_method = 0" works but isn't relative movement.

My iOS version is 7.1.2

Please Help!! :cry: :~(

HappehLemons

Any chance this will ever be updated? I get a loading screen when I try to play newer games on this (Quest for infamy, heroine's quest ect..) that engines are most likely not supported.

Crimson Wizard

Someone needs to build a new version of the engine (3.3.2 at least). Is there anyone who managed to do this besides JJS? JJS does not appear on forums often lately.

Regarding Heroine Quest in particular, it uses steam plugin, which wont be working on iOS, so we need either make built in plugin stubs, or automatic stub generator feature (which I plan to work on in nearby future).

HappehLemons

Sorry I should've mentioned this originally. I'm actually using a version of the game (for heroines quest at least) that doesn't use the steam plugin. version 1.0 and 1.1 don't use the steam plugin, and both those versions are working on android in my testing.

monkey0506

Of course someone needs to provide a new build of this, but I just wanted to point out that the Steam plugin has an open-source stub (which also needs to be built for iOS, but it can be built). I've never built anything for iOS or even really used Mac OS, but I have a virtual box running OS X Yosemite with XCode installed. I've been meaning to take a look at it (among all the other things on my plate).

Crimson Wizard

I might be confusing with Android actually, I recall either iOS or Android simply does not let to add additional binaries aside the base program installation. But this info may be outdated.

monkey0506

Actually, yes. I've heard that before. Sorry! :-[ iOS doesn't allow any external assemblies, so the stub would have to be built into the iOS port of the engine to be able to load properly.

vga256

i've got a working build of AGS 3.3.0 using patches written by JanetC and JJS if anyone needs it. not sure if people are looking for the ipa or the xcode project though. let me know.

HappehLemons

It would be great if you could post it, I'd love to start using gas again on my iPad.

vga256

which do you need - the xcode project or a pre-compiled IPA?

HappehLemons

Compiled IPA is what I was hoping for, thanks!

tsode

Quote from: portdr on Wed 19/11/2014 20:53:58
i've got a working build of AGS 3.3.0 using patches written by JanetC and JJS if anyone needs it. not sure if people are looking for the ipa or the xcode project though. let me know.

portdr Can you send me the Compiled IPA too please?

Thank you in advance! ;)

Crimson Wizard

Would not that be easier to just upload these to some file hosting service and share a link?

vga256

Sorry for the delay everyone. I realized that I need to make some changes to the port to make it useful for general use.

tsode

Don't worry about it :P

Please Keep Us Updated ;)

Mehrdad

Apple announced that starting 1. February 2015, apps have to support 64 bit.Can we use AGS iOS port for commercial game on Appstore yet?
https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=10202014a
http://www.macrumors.com/2014/12/17/apple-64-bit-support-reminder/
My official site: http://www.pershaland.com/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk