ELF: And soon the darkness...

Started by Slasher, Thu 01/11/2012 21:18:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Slasher

FULL GAME ADVENTURE OF A CULT SERIES.

My thanks to all those that helped make this game possible.

The arrival of a Witch shakes the once peaceful and joyful land of Elfenor. The Witch's minions' attack brought a grim silence to the town folk.

Both its leader and citizens were unsure of what the future would bring to them. And so, refusing to accept defeat, the bravest of the elfen community, Elfie, would step forward and try to bring an end to the Wicked Witch...

Screenies:

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/Games.aspx/Detail/1608

FEEDBACK / COMMENTS gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

OG

Congrats on the release Slasher!

Having had the opportunity to test the game out and finally play it all the way through, I'd say this game is definitely worth a download.

Go and give it a go, folks!

Tabata

Here we get a first game that has been put a lot of effort into.
It is created with varied puzzles and interesting characters, good ingredients that make it an entertaining little adventure for the player. So you should give it a try  8-)

It is a classic p&c adventure and makes promises to get a follower I won't miss to play.

Congratulations for releasing your first adventure game, slasher!

Hope you will come up with the next adventure of Elfie soon!  - I want to play more of that kind :grin:

CaptainD

Congrats on the release - I enjoyed testing this game (even if I didn't quite have enough time to do as much testing as I'd promised - sorry!  :-[).

Haggis

Slasher - enjoyed playing this game through, a good selection of puzzles to keep players on their toes. Good atmosphere to the game and some great music to back it up. And let's not forget some of the colourful characters Elfie meets along the way. Look forward to his next adventure!

Slasher

Cheers guys for your comment replies

This game is under a constant revision when / where required.

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/Games.aspx/Detail/1608

Thanks

"Long live Elfie!"

slasher

Shadow1000

My comments:

This game it outstanding for a first. There are many areas where execution was superb where many first-timers just don't get the hang of puzzle creation.

In general:

- Graphics, sound and music were adequate to provide the right environment. There were some areas where some more stock sound effects could have enhanced the experience.
- Puzzles were slightly on the simple side but still entertaining. What particularly impressed me was how some of the solutions to the puzzles were spread across several rooms that needed to be combined to solve the particular puzzle. Many first timers put all elements needed to solve a puzzle right in the room of the puzzle which really detracts from the necessary possible attempts to arrive at the solution, making the game boringly predicable. It takes a lot more planning to require items found near the beginning of the game to be needed to be combined near the end of the game.
- I liked that the game had three main locations each with a separate goal and style of puzzle. Maze puzzles like that are rare in first games and the chalk was unique and creative.
- I don't know if it's just my screen but
Spoiler
I needed to do some pixel hunting in the room with the painting
[close]
. The item required to combine the elements of this puzzle is almost impossible to see because it's too dark. Maybe others did not experience this.
- A bit of proofreading would have improved the spelling and grammar and given the game a bit more polish.
- The intro and ending were a nice touch.

I'm just wondering: one part of the game that made it interesting was the need to keep recharging the charm. At some point, the charm went dead for a complete section of the game (I think during the maze) with no consequence. I haven't tried it in each section of the game but does anything actually happen if the charm is not recharged?

I enjoyed this game and I'm looking forward to seeing more games from this author in the future.

Well done!

SHADOW

Slasher

Thank you for your comments Shadow,

This game is constantly being revised and updated.

Look out for Elfie's next adventure which will be bigger and better  (nod)

Long live Elfie...

Cheers

slasher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk