Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots

Started by CaptainD, Mon 21/05/2012 19:37:39

Previous topic - Next topic

AnasAbdin

Edit: Is CD going to be one or two parts?  (roll)

Danvzare

SinSin

Currently working on a project!

CaptainD

This is in readiness for the game's release, we're currently finishing up RC1. Hope the testers don't find too many bugs!! :shocked:

If you're a GameJolt user, following the game there is a nice way to get the latest news about the project.

http://gamejolt.com/games/captain-disaster-in-death-has-a-million-stomping-boots/151665

(It's currently labelled as "Devlog" status in line with GameJolt's new categories.)

Many thanks to Katschey for the awesome header image!

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

AnasAbdin

CaptainD

Official testing has now started! Yee-har!

I would like to take this opportunity to publicly thank TheBitPriest, who has been absolutely amazing and the game would never have reached this stage without his tireless efforts, and the game is much better than it would have been as a result of his valuable advice on several occasions.

Now I will fret anxiously for a few days wondering what weirdness my testers will come up with...

Andail

That's good news, Captain.
And cool header image!

LostTrainDude

Quote from: CaptainD on Thu 06/10/2016 12:36:45
We're currently finishing up RC1. Hope the testers don't find too many bugs!! :shocked:
So, how are we doing? :P

Jokes aside, I was not sure what to think about splitting the game in two parts, but after my second round of testing - the first one being at least three years ago - I changed my mind.
So much time has passed since the first testing and it was pretty easy for me to notice how the game's scope grew since. Plenty of stuff has been added and I could see how some design ideas, that simply weren't there before, helped this stuff into the game.

Also, as I probably already said here somewhere, I learned about the series Red Dwarf while testing this and SMEG if it was worth it (laugh)

Quote from: CaptainD on Thu 06/10/2016 12:36:45
Many thanks to Katschey for the awesome header image!

And great work by Katschey, as always!
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

CaptainD

Thanks Chris for the comments above.  Just wanted to add, since we're basically at final Release Candidate status, the verdict of another one of out testers:

I've finally had chance to end the game.
I'm really enjoyed! It's fun, not small, not boring nor repetitive. I put at same level of an "official" published "mainstream" game.
Loved the overall  (laugh)

Mandle

I feel the same way about the game, having also playtested it through a few times...

I just wish you would hire a better actor for the main character's voice... :P

CaptainD

Quote from: Mandle on Thu 19/01/2017 08:31:49

I think you're missing the point of the main character!!  :grin: :tongue:

Mandle

Quote from: CaptainD on Thu 19/01/2017 09:17:42

I think you're missing the point of the main character!!  :grin: :tongue:

Perhaps...but that robot DJ's voice actor is amazing enough to make up for it!

SidneySacchi

Quote from: CaptainD on Wed 18/01/2017 12:21:47
Thanks Chris for the comments above.  Just wanted to add, since we're basically at final Release Candidate status, the verdict of another one of out testers:

I've finally had chance to end the game.
I'm really enjoyed! It's fun, not small, not boring nor repetitive. I put at same level of an "official" published "mainstream" game.
Loved the overall  (laugh)

Sorry, I did not know where to post it :-) Thanks!
I confirm every word  :-D
Be human, respect everyone, love nature

Mandle

I feel the same way about the game, having also playtested it through a few times...

I got a bit worried that people who do not know the back story of this "joke" might read it and think I was serious about the voice acting.

The "joke" is because CaptainD himself voices the main character (and I the robot mentioned in my next post), so it was just meant as a friendly dig.

The voice of Captain Disaster is actually perfect for the character and makes the game's humour all the more appealing.

TheBitPriest

CaptainD has done a fantastic job coordinating the voice acting for our game, and he has also really grown as an actor along the way.

CaptainD

Okay to save getting all mushy and emotional in the game's release thread (coming soon people!), I would like to publicly thank TheBitPriest for his amazing hard work and dedication to the game.  Honestly there's no way it would have happened without him, sometimes I find myself thinking this is more his game than mine!

So, without further ado... THANK YOU BitPriest!

@Mandle - I'm hoping people would have realised you were joking, but I can guarantee there will be at least one person on GameJolt who tells me my voice acting sucks, there always is!  :grin:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk