Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots

Started by CaptainD, Mon 21/05/2012 19:37:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Startropy

Yep I noticed that it takes several hours for YT to actually upload the trailer to HD quality. They'll give you the option to select HQ early but it won't be HQ.

Liked the vid, best of luck Cap. :)

CaptainD

Thanks Startropy!

Just a quick update - Act III is set to go out for initial testing within the next week, the game is playable from start to finish, all music assets are complete.  It takes nearly an hour and a half to complete the game even with skipping dialogues and cut scenes, not doing anything superfluous and knowing exactly what you're doing at every step of the game.  So the full game should give you some solid hours of puzzling.

Planning on putting a second Teaser Trailer out there sometime in the next few weeks while we work on honing Act III into its final state.

AnasAbdin

Great to hear! Can't wait to play 8-)
Looking forward the teaser too :)

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

CrashPL

A job well done, and a thumbs up from me as well, Captain! Can't wait to see the new teaser. :D

CaptainD

Thanks for your support guys! ;-D

Once our testers have completed enough of their psychological rehabilitation to send final feedback, we'll lock down puzzles, add a few extra hints in dialogues and descriptions as needed, and then it's full steam ahead getting this baby actually finished.  8-)

CaptainD

As we get ever closer to the actual release (not wanting to be too specific but we;''re still thinking in terms of 2017 unless something goes drastically wrong), it felt like time to allow players to have a peek into the overall plot.  Therefore a second teaser trailer has been released - hope you enjoy it!

Gurok

Wow, that kinda sucked me in there. The audio, direction and animation in this come together really well. Captain Disaster's (your?) narration is very clear and inviting. Better than the last one.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

CaptainD

Quote from: Gurok on Thu 09/11/2017 10:25:35
Wow, that kinda sucked me in there. The audio, direction and animation in this come together really well. Captain Disaster's (your?) narration is very clear and inviting. Better than the last one.

Thanks!  Yes it is my voice with a very cheesy Brummie accent ;-D

I made several mistakes with the first trailer - things that seemed a good idea at the time but weren't - especially the opening with a blank screen for several seconds and narrating it myself in a faux dramatic voice.  I had a much stronger concept for this one and it turned into a better trailer - and definitely one that gives you more of a flavour of what the game will actually be like.  You live and learn I guess! :grin:  Thanks for watching!

AnasAbdin

Exciting news! Something about Captain Disaster is inviting. Besides the story and style, it's the amount of love put into it :)

Quote from: Gurok on Thu 09/11/2017 10:25:35
Captain Disaster's (your?) narration is very clear and inviting.

I know, I can't think of making a teaser without borrowing Dave's voice (laugh)

CaptainD

Thanks Anas - that means a lot to me coming from you, since I know how much love you pour into your own games!

For anyone just turning in, the new Teaser Trailer can be found in this post.

Creamy

Quotewe're still thinking in terms of 2017
Fingers crossed.

QuoteThanks!  Yes it is my voice with a very cheesy Brummie accent ;-D
Although my untrained ear doesn't catch all your words, I find your voice nice and easily recognizable - couldn't unhear you in Battlestar (laugh)

dactylopus

Very cool trailer, and glad to hear about the progress.
Quote from: Creamy on Thu 09/11/2017 22:50:16
Although my untrained ear doesn't catch all your words, I find your voice nice and easily recognizable
I felt the same, for me I think the EQ felt a bit off and the background music was drowning out some words.  But I did like the overall trailer and this is a game I am definitely still interested in playing.

CaptainD

Well Brummie was officially voted the UK's "least sexy accent" which considering some of the competition is some going!  My own bad impression of Brummie is probably even worse :-D

At any rate in the game itself the voicing, music and SFX all have independent volume controls, so hopefully that will help.  Glad you liked the trailer!

I remember a site saying about the demo - I can't quite remember now, I think the site was Polish or Turkish - said there was something "not quite right" / "a bit worrying" about the voice.  Of course with this character, that's kind of the point - he's not actually stupid, more goofy and clueless at times, prone to doing bizarre things.  So I hope that will actually come through in the game and not simply have people thinking "well this voice acting is weird!"...

KyriakosCH

Just had to say that the title of your game is awesome! 8-)
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

CaptainD

CaptainD

Well that's it.  The very final test build has gone off to the team. :shocked: :cheesy:

Cassiebsg

Yuuuu uuuu.... the end is near! the end is near! :-D

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk