Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots

Started by CaptainD, Mon 21/05/2012 19:37:39

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBitPriest

It's been a wild ride! Dave and I have designed/redesigned, set a course/reversed that course, engaged/disengaged, formed an away team, beamed down to the planet, lost a few ensign, decided it was a wasted trip, apologized to their families, sent flowers... all of it, over and over again.

The end result may not be perfect, but we truly hope that the players will be entertained! 

Mandle

I've just finished playing through the game once again for testing and I must say that it is AWESOME!!!

And also that I still had to refigure out how to do several puzzles even though I've played the game quite a few times...

But I never felt that the puzzles were unfair after cracking them again (some are quite tough though to the point where I almost sent a bug report)

This is a well-crafted game dosed full of love by its creators and destined to become an AGS classic, and perhaps a classic of the general adventure game genre!

Best of luck with the release!

CaptainD

Testing is going well - btw congratulations to Mandle for finding the weirdest bug so far! :grin: - looks like we're still on track for delivering the game this month.  More news soon...

SinSin

*Braces for impact.

Can't wait to see the end product here. I've waited soo long   :)
Currently working on a project!

CrashPL

Quote from: CaptainD on Thu 07/12/2017 12:17:47
looks like we're still on track for delivering the game this month.

Excellent news! Hoping everything goes well. :D

Satsubatsu

Mandle

Quote from: CaptainD on Thu 07/12/2017 12:17:47
congratulations to Mandle for finding the weirdest bug so far! :grin:

Naw, characters walking around with cropped squares of the background following them is just something that happens in Captain Disaster's universe. I mean, they have talking food and all!

CaptainD

Did someone say we've announced a release date?

Yes, someone did!

Er... it was me.

Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots will be released on 29th December 2017 on Itch and GameJolt!

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Taxler Endiosk

Quote from: CaptainD on Fri 22/12/2017 15:23:51
Did someone say we've announced a release date?

Yes, someone did!

Er... it was me.

Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots will be released on 29th December 2017 on Itch and GameJolt!
Great!! 8-) Congratulations to Team Disaster!

CaptainD

Thanks everyone!

2 days to go :shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

Just to add officially that Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots is being released jointly by Team Disaster and Stone Spring Studios, and we have signed an agreement to work on future Captain Disaster games.

Friday, people!  THIS Friday!! :wink:

Stupot

TheBitPriest

Stone Spring Studios is the name I gave to an umbrella company for my game development efforts. :-D

No big deal...

But what IS a big deal is that the final distributable was just sent to CaptainD! I sincerely hope everyone enjoys the game!

SinSin

Currently working on a project!

Click'd

CaptainD

Quote from: ClickClickClick on Fri 29/12/2017 07:21:00
Quote from: CaptainD on Fri 29/12/2017 07:18:37
Watch this space... :wink:
Space. The final frontier. These are the voyages...

:-D

However.... gah... the game won't be available on GameJolt immediately (I know Cassie will be so upset about this! (laugh))  There's a bit of a delay in me being able to set up my Marketplace account there (I know, I should have sorted that out earlier... but, you know, Disaster and all that...)

CaptainD

Okay... I can't quite believe this myself, but... my absolutely final post on this particular thread!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LotUDjZQdY

The game is now available at https://captaind.itch.io/captain-disaster-in-death-has-a-million-stomping-boots

Completed Game Announcement post coming soon.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk