Searching for Sam & Max - Animator Needed!

Started by FrankT, Mon 28/05/2012 17:45:50

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankT

Now I know I asked about this - but I might as well face it. I can't write a good story at all. So here goes.

Project:
Searching for Sam & Max - an affectionate romp through New York, first to find the Freelance Police, then to get them out of retirement.

Details:
This adventure takes place two years after the events chronicled in The Devil’s Playhouse. The 25th anniversary of the formation of the Freelance Police is coming up, an event that a handful of people are looking forward to. After watching a slide-show of the past quarter-decade in the party, the protagonist â€" who goes simply by "Richie" â€" asks himself the question everyone else has asked: where are they now? Or rather, where's Sam now? The most widely accepted theory is this: Max was killed in that monstrous rampage two years ago, and after a disgracefully short period of time, Sam retired from policing altogether. Or did he? Richie imagines that he's visited by Max's ghost, who reveals that he cheated death thanks to the time-travel paradox they made 5 years before. He advises Richie it's been far too long since they've been called with an assignment... so he goes on a search. Where are the Freelance Police? What kind of state are they in now? And what's going to bring them back into the limelight?

Positions Available:
Simply put: I need a couple of artists who can put together some animations for me. I might be able to handle a few myself, but I'm not sure if my poor old computer can stand saving all those frames... someone who can draw cartoon animation should be enough.

Writer - FILLED. Someone who can expand on the mere shell of a plot summary I cooked up and turn it into something impressive. Obviously knowledge of the Sam & Max cases is recommended. If the writer can think up a few puzzles, that would be splendid as well, although I can probably think of one or two myself.

Deadline:
No real deadline is set. Work is slow enough as it is!

Comments:
Interested parties either can reply to this thread or contact me via PM. They can tell me my plot is rubbish if they want to - like I say, I can't write to save my life!!

Guybrush Nosehair

I would be very interested in helping with the production of Sam & Max game. The thing is, I never enjoyed the Telltale games, and would much rather work on one in the classic LucasArts style with the classic LucasArts humor. What I find is that the Telltale storylines are unrealistic, even for Sam & Max. I refuse to accept that the Lincoln Memorial came to life and ran for president...

Anyway, if you'd be interested in making a more "normal" Sam & Max game, I'd love to help out.

FrankT

Well I'm now looking for animators on the team! I'd do that myself but I don't think my computer could handle it, and I'm already up to my knees drawing all the other stuff. Sorry - do I need a new topic for this...?

LimpingFish

Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

FrankT

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk