Release Something 2012! Time's up!

Started by ThreeOhFour, Sat 02/06/2012 15:20:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Dualnames

DKH THAT SPACE GAME IS F3$^&ING AWESOME.

In the meantime for the past year that I've worked on TROICA (and then gave up on it), I've also picked up Primordia.
This is a WIP by Pinback (Victor)

Obviously the guy has no talent. What *I*'ve been doing is putting those god-awful graphics inside the game.

More info and stuff I didn't draw.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Ilyich

Oh, man, I love Release Something threads (has it really been a year already?)! Hope to see much more awesomeness here!

So far - "Troopers" looks adorably charming and "Dead Silent" looks spectacular;
"The Thought Saved for Last" sounds very intriguing and unusual;
Also, it's great to see that the new Blackwell game is in development, and with graffiti to boot!

And, speaking of graffiti, here's a very-WIP screenshot from a game I've been working on a little while back and plan to come back to after I'm done with another super-secret project (that I'll announce real soon). :P

m0ds

Ooh yep love all those exploding spaceships DKH!

Hey Ben...

;)

Ryan Timothy B

Haha I totally forgot about that peeing demo. That feature better be a part of PISS! ;)

Jared

Well I'm carrying on my proud habit of spending a lot of time doing graphics and tinkering around with AGS without actually producing anything.

My now-not-going-to-make-it but still-going-to-finish aborted MAGS game "Troll Quest" WIP... first time I've actually had a scanner to use and experimenting with painting over BGs I've hand drawn. Little more elaborate than what I usually make but...

..I'm not sure if, in the long run it's better than this thing I sketched out in MSPaint in literally ten minutes...

Btw, that was for a recently-aborted and very unambitious hour game I was attempted for lols after missing the MAGS deadline. Sadly fell through because I'm tired and need to work in the morning, so I'd say that's not getting made. But Troll Quest I'd like to get done in a couple of weeks.

I'd STILL like to finish a game that I've had half finished on my harddrive for... well, let's say an embarrassing amount of time and leave it at that. And I have no idea why it isn't finished. Also, it's reached the point where even my still-meagre art skills are making it look dated...

CaptainD

Quote from: Ilyich on Mon 04/06/2012 02:27:30
And, speaking of graffiti, here's a very-WIP screenshot from a game I've been working on a little while back and plan to come back to after I'm done with another super-secret project (that I'll announce real soon). :P

If that's "very WIP", I can't wait to see the finished version!

Anian

God damn it I need to make something.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

CaptainD

Quote from: Anian on Mon 04/06/2012 14:08:42

Anian has released a line of text in the Release Something 2012 thread! :) 8-)

arj0n

Quote from: CaptainD on Mon 04/06/2012 14:13:31

Can't wait to see the finished story!
Looking good so far Anian :P

Matti

Wow, nice stuff in here.

I wasn't very productive over the last year, but worked on different projects from time to time.

This is a screenshot of a Flashback-like Action-Jump'n'run I'm working on. It's in a very early stage, I'm still working on the controls.

This has been a little project I've been working on, but I'm not sure if I'll continue it. Your task was to grow plants, raise cattle and produce mana/develop spells with the main goal of building a castle before the other (3) players do so.

Some may remember the little game "Run Away" I did for a MAGS-competition some months ago. I have many many ideas on how to improve and expand the game (real-time scrolling, different landscapes, vehicles and soldiers, 2-player gameplay etc.) but I'm not sure if I'll ever find the time to work on it again.

I still haven't started the game yet, but I'm working on characters from time to time and improved the look of the lady from this thread. Aside from some characters and backgrounds I'm mainly fleshing out the story which needs a lot of improvement.

All of these don't have any priority, because Strider of Feral Lands is still my main project and the most important thing for me. In Addition i haven't really found the time to work on anything over the last months. I hope to do some more work in the future though.

arj0n

@Matti:
That Flashback-like Action-Jump'n'run screenshot on looks awesome.
Hope to see more of it in the near future  ;)

Ponch

Quote from: Arj0n on Mon 04/06/2012 14:16:17
Quote from: CaptainD on Mon 04/06/2012 14:13:31

Can't wait to see the finished story!
Looking good so far Anian :P

I agree! Great opening. I hope he can maintain the momentum as the story unfolds.  :cheesy:

Ryan Timothy B

I'd love to release what I've been working on lately but the programming graphics were stolen from other sources until the programming is done. :X

Snake

I hate this thread...

(mock-up)

I also have a shit-load done on Leitor's Edge, not IN AGS, but getting things organized and put together... finally. It's only been 9 years.
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

LimpingFish

Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Grundislav

(Cursor is not final.  Sorry, Ponch)

Ponch

My God, Grundy! That sumptuous background. The sheer size of that cursor! I must... I must CLICK something with it!!!  (nod)

Clearly, you are working on the greatest Oceanspirit Dennis game EVAR! :cheesy:

Also, keep at it Snake. I believe in you!

abstauber

I love this thread! Even though I have nothing new to share, it's so exciting to see all these snapshots of creative work.
..... and somehow I am very attracted to naked hamster's bunny game :D Mr. LimpingFish, low res?? No CGI? *mind blown*

Grim

TCL character roster (not all included):

Radiant

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk